Women's ODI World Cup 2022

10 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Mithali's ultra slow approach somewhat triggered a collapse.

She apparently has more heft in indian team than kohli ganguly dhoni together had in their lifetime. She is sabka didi. Have heard stories if u not in her good books ur career over. Jemima rodrigues prime example.. sab darr te hai. Except harman apparently.. harmanpreet kicked her out of t20  bcos of slow sr. so mithali now taking her badla making her bat at 5 when harman time and again said she wants no 4 . She said it in wc press conference as well..deepti has been promoted at 3 and mithali at 4 ( cast in stone apparently inspite of tuktuking). Have heard Womens cricket politics is so bad kohli ganguly saga looks like kapil sharma show in context..

Edited by neel roy
2 minutes ago, neel roy said:

She apparently has more heft in indian team than kohli ganguly dhoni together have. She is sabka didi. Have heard stories if u not in her good books ur career over. Jemima rodrigues prime example.. 

what did jemimah do to mithali? ran her out? :phehe:

Just now, neel roy said:

Jemi smriti harman is a gang apparently against her. She cant touch smriti harman.. bechara  jemi

if the above is true, she could try to get rid of kaur too if this is true, given kaur's form past couple of years. maybe we will see some moves made in that direction, which would validate the claim. I assume jhulan is mithali's loyal lieutenant.

Just now, Vijy said:

if the above is true, she could try to get rid of kaur too if this is true, given kaur's form past couple of years. maybe we will see some moves made in that direction, which would validate the claim. I assume jhulan is mithali's loyal lieutenant.

Kaur has big backers. Plus she was player of bbl few months ago. She cant touch kaur. Jemi had womens t20 blast on fire in england but she is out. Although yastika is a good choice in herself. But jemima is much better than other opener meghana.. has solid defence… but u have only 2 opening spots. Actually mithali shd be kicked out. My team wd have been:

Jemima

shafali

smriti

harman

yasktika

richa

sneh rana

pooja vastrkar

jhulan

rajeshawari/ poonam yadav

meghna

53 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

That was an important break through. She absolutely dominated India in the recent series.  Amelia kerr

231799_4118948_updates.jpg

Satterthwaite is still there as of now, when I write this post. she can accelerate quite well, albeit not an explosive batter.

Just now, sandeep said:

NZ already have 190 on the board, and plenty of hitting ability left.  Anything north of 260 is beyond this Indian team's capability to chase I think. Unless Smriti gets a big one. 

it will all come down to smriti. shafali hasn't figured out ODI game. Mithali is too tuk-tuk, and the same goes for deepti. Kaur is woefully out of form. some lower order pyrotechnics from ghosh, rana, vastrakar feasible.

Ind pulled NZ back somewhat, but they have still finished with a very strong score of 260. I don't see Ind chasing this, although one can never rule out miracles. Ground field was beyond poor today, in fact it was even beyond atrocious