Why is Jayant Yadav in team?

2 hours ago, Lord said:

they werent dodgy situations and it was back in 2016.

Even there his bowling was not great.

Need to groom young spinners

Yes par samjhayega kaun bcci ko. Na aap na main. Hum sab is rangmanch ke kathputliya hai Lord sahab

11 hours ago, Vijy said:

TM are going to do their best to bring back dhawan, Pujara, rahane, and ishant soon enough.

In place of Jayant, one could have chosen Kuldeep and Saurabh, both of whom can also bat to an extent. Alternatively, Siraj could have played. and if we wanted extra batting, Gill would have been a good pick. Once Axar and/or Sundar are fit, this Jayant experiment should end pronto. He is an honest trier and his batting was good in 2016, but both batting and bowling have regressed since then

we can add Shams Mulani/Vikas mishra to this list

6 hours ago, Mosher said:

Rohit post match "Someone like Jadeja and Ashwin have played a lot of cricket in India, have taken lots of wickets but what if they are not there? So we wanted to give Jayant also a chance." :facepalm:

So Jayant is being groomed as a future spinner? Lol

He looks 40+

He has naked pictures of BCCI babus or something .... :-).

Seriously though, he did a nice job back in 2016, and was not picked again for a long time for whatever reason. 

It seems like they were not planning on playing 3 spinners, but saw the track and went ... "arre ... gaind ghoomnewaali hai yahaan," and decided to slot in a 3rd spinner.  With no one else in the bubble, it came down to Saurabh or Jayant.  With 6 or 7 lefties in the SL line-up, they went with the off-spinner.  At least that is how I am going to rationalize it.

Edit: Didn't think of Kuldeep.  Should've gone with him if he was healthy. 

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
8 hours ago, Mosher said:

Rohit post match "Someone like Jadeja and Ashwin have played a lot of cricket in India, have taken lots of wickets but what if they are not there? So we wanted to give Jayant also a chance." :facepalm:

So Jayant is being groomed as a future spinner? Lol

I have said it many times, to all the older posters on here, its never too late to play for India.

In fact I would tell the older posters that their fathers are a good chance, they just need to have friends in high places. :hysterical:

17 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

I have said it many times, to all the older posters on here, its never too late to play for India.

In fact I would tell the older posters that their fathers are a good chance, they just need to have friends in high places. :hysterical:

Praveen Tambe may yet make it into the Indian test team?