Why is Jayant Yadav in team?

I read all the comments on this and I have alternative view point.  He is played in ashwin s request as he can get some wickets.  Jaddu and new spinner might get all and ash will be sidelined.  
this is South Indian Tamil quota as its best. Hahahaha

joke aside the first thing I have checked he is off spinner.  My kohli can’t play off spin so kohli previously thought that this guy is excellent bowler as he can’t play him.

Plus yo yo yadav is Jayant yadav s uncle and he has some influence in selection I guess.  

God knows how he is selected seriously.  

Edited by Nash
1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

Who is the oldest player still playing in Ranji that played for India?

good question. no idea. sunil joshi played until he was nearly 40. I'd trust him to bowl better than jayant did even at 40 because joshi was pretty skillful on turning tracks.

He sneaked into ODI line up as well. How did he manage to come out of the wilderness. Not like he had a Harshal patel like season in the IPL  or terrific Ranji season, A tour. It is a mystery how he got back into the side.
Likes of sunny , sanju manju etc... had high praise for him in 2016..

They were talking very high of his bowling technique, batting technique etc etc..

All that was not useful in his domestic matches nor in intl matches..

I think parveez would have done more justice than this prick

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I think he is in as an off spin alternative ... I am not sure Ind has too many such options esp. among those who can bat too ... There is Ashwin and Sundar (injured), and then probably Jayant Yadav, who has a test 100  

It's a case of being in the right place at the right time. Getting picked by MI in place of Rahul Chahar earned him a lot of eyeballs. Plus the fact that besides being a bowler, he is an "experienced" cricketer with a test century to his name, which the selectors regard highly. 

11 hours ago, Majestic said:

He is there as off spin option. But with Ashwin fit, I think India should have gone with a better bowler option, maybe a pacer extra or even Kuldeep. Could have given a debut to Prasidh is what I feel. Two tests here, could have given a test cap here.

indeed, prasidh or siraj could have played and done more in the 15-20 overs that Jayant "Murali" Yadav bowled.