Name your Test XI if you could, vs Australia.

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yea no need for turners

this is a relentless  attack - shami, umesh, siraj, bumrah + jadeja, ash, axar (no weak link at all) 

We can beat any team at home with such attack on normal pitches . They have to play beyond their skills to go through this attack which only smith can but also has been struggling against short ball post archer blow. 

Add to that we have mayank n iyer who can finish their finger spinners

I dont fear Ponting. I don't fear Hayden. I don't even fear gilly. But I fear Smith. He is equal to 3. No matter what form he is in,against great teams he steps up. 

In saying that he was tamed last time in Australia. Only averaged 39. 

Yes our attack is relentless. I always get excited to watch us bowl. It's so thrilling. Add prasidh to the mix with booms and siraj. Dear lord that siraj spell vs Kiwis that broke them was devastating in India. That **** was wank worthy. I was so powered up from that spell that I went to gym right after and smashed out farmers walks for 120 kg 10 sets lol.

I dont even know what lineup we will use for bowling tbh. All combinations are nice. 

I would say for pace. Go with booms and shami first game

Second one - rest for both above or one and bring in siraj

Assuming we are 2 0 or 1 0

Third game rotate again and bring in prasidh along with maybe one of siraj or booms/shami

Final game bring back shami and booms after rest. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Nha someone would have found a way. We were also playing under goat captain rahane. Unlike chewt kohli who ran away in that series. We would have won regardless of who played as a spinner or pacer. May I remind you our best bowler shami dint even play for that series. Aussies were lucky.

Nope I saw that match live & I totally remember  Ashwin & Co were looking clueless until Kuldeep dismissed Warner who probably would have killed the game had he batted for another hour & then simply bamboozled Handscomb whom we struggled to dismiss in Ranchi test prior to that.   Aus never expected Kuldeep to play & in the end despite winning the toss on a pacy pitch they lost but still was a thrilling game.  Rahul's clutch 50 in 2nd inns brought us home.  

A test match in Wankhede would be nice... Good pace & turn for spinners...  One of the best pitches in India if not the best.  

Hyderabad can be excellent as well.  No Chennai & Bangalore boring turners.  We barely made it out of Bangalore test vs Australia in 2017.  No need to try our luck again. 

10 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Nope I saw that match live & I totally remember  Ashwin & Co were looking clueless until Kuldeep dismissed Warner who probably would have killed the game had he batted for another hour & then simply bamboozled Handscomb whom we struggled to dismiss in Ranchi test prior to that.   Aus never expected Kuldeep to play & in the end despite winning the toss on a pacy pitch they lost but still was a thrilling game.  Rahul's clutch 50 in 2nd inns brought us home.  

Also we had no shami though. We had lambu salah is useless in India. He was good overseas. 

Now we will have boomrah siraj shami umesh and prasidh. Good luck to Australia. Not to mention axar and jaddu plus ash combo with pacers. 

Bowling never worries. Batting did but now that is being sorted too. It's going to be a real uphill battle for Aussies. 

If Aussies win all 4 tosses I think India wins 2 -1

If India wins 4 tosses, probably 3 0 with out one washed out

If it's split then I reckon 3-1 India. 

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Two players will be very important 

1. Shreyas iyer- he ll throw lyon out of the game
  2. Axar- Smith -labu will not find him easy to play 

Hazelwood might as well throw Iyer out of the game before Iyer could get his hands on Lyon :hmm:

1. Rohit
  2. Rahul
  3. Mayank
  4. Kohli
  5. Iyer
  6. Pant
  7. JAddu
  8. Axar
  9. Ashwn
  10. Shami
  11. Umesh/siraj (if umesh is not bowling at his best then siraj)

Siraj n bumrah are now all format bowlers, iss series men naa bhi khele koi farq nhin padega . Shami-umesh are enough , they shud come in if anyone has an injury issue 

11 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Lets be honest, this test series is the dress rehearsal for the big series vs Australia.

I loved seeing the pitches in the Test series vs England at home last year after the first test, games over inside 3 days, every session is exciting. Give me more of this. I dont want us to prepare pitches to assist pace bowlers. It brings Australia into the game with a chance.

Here is the XI I would like.

Hitman (Captain)

Mayank

Gill

KL/Sundar

Iyer

Pant

Jaddu

Ash

Axar

Siraj

Bumrah

@express bowling@raki05@cricinfo@Vijy@Frustrated

Since Oz is a marquee series, we cannot experiment much. I'd go with effectively the same lineup except for having Sarfaraz as a backup for Iyer and play either at 4. Sundar is better suited for 6. Pant can bat at 5.

Edited by Vijy
1 hour ago, Vijy said:

yes, he is a gun player. will also offer extra bowling. however, he is made of glass or porcelain or both

Poor kid. Such insane potential. Reminds me of when smithy used to bowl some spin. Raw talent. He is so clutch. I csnt wait to see him bat again. Most exciting young batsman. Unlike some country men he actually looks his age of 22. Body still not grown. Maybe that's why he is injured often. 

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Poor kid. Such insane potential. Reminds me of when smithy used to bowl some spin. Raw talent. He is so clutch. I csnt wait to see him bat again. Most exciting young batsman. Unlike some country men he actually looks his age of 22. Body still not grown. Maybe that's why he is injured often. 

too much sambar too.