"Slip Of Tongue": Former Pakistan Skipper Disagrees With Rohit Sharma Terming Ravichandran Ashwin An "All-Time Great"

28 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Again I said average wpm strike rate that's average strike rate and runs per match in case of batters. Any one stat is just that one stat it needs to be a combination of stats. In the absence of an anthology of all matches and all match situations which does not exist. Stat padding exclusion is like a pareto you remove lower challenge opponents then you take care of 80% the rest 20% are the cases of lost cause or known draws against good opponents, there is no way to remove them unless you have an anthology of all matches. Not sure what we are arguing about. 

Its apparent as day light that Ash is a goat contender in Asia, and an also ran in SENA. 

Most of the bowlers have been "also ran" in one country or the other. Atleast in Australia he made some contribution. In NZ played just one test. Bowled solitary innings. England he probably would have made some impact against this hapless English batsmen. SA is one place where he didn't shine. As i explained none of the surfaces were remotely conducive in all the tours.  You can even call it mediocre in SA. Averages 28 in England.  So essentially very mediocre in one country. Not the only bowler to be mediocre in one country. Since he made debut INdia has played 43 tests in SENA. He played only 24.  Missed 45% of the games.  He can retire with those number will sill be an Indian ATG. Maintaining such staggering numbers while contributing with bat is something is definitely an achievement.  Off spinners are the easiest type of bowlers to get used to unless you are a freak like Murali. We will know once he retires whether another offie can do the same over a period of 11 years. He was a regular in LOI as ell for a while. Also an IPL regular. A thoroughly over exposed off spinner. He had to reinvent himself. He had to perfect carrom ball.  He can be "mediocre" in SENA for all i care. He did his part exceptionally well in places where he is expected to perform in most of the matches.

8 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Most of the bowlers have been "also ran" in one country or the other. Atleast in Australia he made some contribution. In NZ played just one test. Bowled solitary innings. England he probably would have made some impact against this hapless English batsmen. SA is one place where he didn't shine. As i explained none of the surfaces were remotely conducive in all the tours.  You can even call it mediocre in SA. Averages 28 in England.  So essentially very mediocre in one country. Not the only bowler to be mediocre in one country. Since he made debut INdia has played 43 tests in SENA. He played only 24.  Missed 45% of the games.  He can retire with those number will sill be an Indian ATG. Maintaining such staggering numbers while contributing with bat is something is definitely an achievement.  Off spinners are the easiest type of bowlers to get used to unless you are a freak like Murali. We will know once he retires whether another offie can do the same over a period of 11 years. He was a regular in LOI as ell for a while. Also an IPL regular. A thoroughly over exposed off spinner. He had to reinvent himself. He had to perfect carrom ball.  He can be "mediocre" in SENA for all i care. He did his part exceptionally well in places where he is expected to perform in most of the matches.

Other spinners have better numbers in similar pitches though. And conducive pitches argument cuts both ways. Anyway you seem very emotional about this, i loose interest. 

4 hours ago, Vilander said:

Other spinners have better numbers in similar pitches though. And conducive pitches argument cuts both ways. Anyway you seem very emotional about this, i loose interest. 

If you go by individual country that is not true. He has better numbers in some countries. Even the ones that have "good numbers" are not good numbers. Nobody ran through any side there. A wicket here and there. If you use AI filter (Australia and India) Murali is looking at an average of 52 and a strike rate of 96. Averages by spinner in SENA has always been high. In the last decade or so it is much higher. 42 is the average. 38 in the 2000s. 37 in  the 1990s.  Spinners are never expected to make an impact unless he is an ace wrist spinner. Even Chadnana has better numbers in than Murali in Australia averaging 22. 

38 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

If you go by individual country that is not true. He has better numbers in some countries. Even the ones that have "good numbers" are not good numbers. Nobody ran through any side there. A wicket here and there. If you use AI filter (Australia and India) Murali is looking at an average of 52 and a strike rate of 96. Averages by spinner in SENA has always been high. In the last decade or so it is much higher. 42 is the average. 38 in the 2000s. 37 in  the 1990s.  Spinners are never expected to make an impact unless he is an ace wrist spinner. Even Chadnana has better numbers in than Murali in Australia averaging 22. 

Ashwin is an Asia ATG. Not a sena ATG. Murali is a half sena AtG. HALF Asia ATG. At the end of the day if I had to choose between Warne and Ash, I lick Warne everywhere except in Asia. 

Ash is quality no doubt especially cause he adds with batting. Jaddu is underrated. He is only one tier below Ash as a bowler. I don't give a phuck what these retards here say, there are times when jaddu single handedly wins games for us in Asia. Vice versa with Ash too.