Prithvi Shaw fails yo yo test at NCA

Serpico

7 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

Damn you are good bro. Did them twice last year, couldnt make it past level 10, some serious fitness needed above 12

You have to pace yourself. That's key. I am alright. Pretty good. But my team had 4 5 other guys who were legit top tier level in terms of endurance. Mind you this is for soccer. Not cricket. 

Yo yo test imo seems easier. Slightly until you get to level 14 plus. 

Beep I had 12 but I passed out after. Like emptied the whole tank lol. 

15 hours ago, SRT100 said:

There is probably a variety of reasons why SENA cricketers may be fitter than SC players. Genetics a key role here.

However, one thing down under in Australia, is that kids here grow up playing AFL or Rugby, so you have to learn to run be fast, strong and fit from early on. Sure its not every kid, but most kids, yes. This sets up the kids for a decent foundation of fitness later in life. Not to mention, that sports is part of the educational curriculum. We have time in the day, in which kids play active sports.

In India, you can be overweight, even obese and still be a "good cricketer".

Didnt know David Boon and Merv Hughes were Indian

2 hours ago, Lord said:

Didnt know David Boon and Merv Hughes were Indian

been a long time since we saw those types. and although hughes only bowled fast-medium (would be considered trundler), he had solid endurance and maintained his aggression throughout, giving the impression to opposition of being faster/harder to play than what he actually was. by no means a great player, but an underrated one. likewise for boon - he scored the ugly, gritty runs very well.

On 3/16/2022 at 6:17 PM, sandeep said:

He could win us a WC at the top of the batting order potentially.  As part of a well designed batting unit. 

No way. He cant play leg spin . Absolutely zilch. He was floundering against hasaranga. After first match they realised it and started to get spinners as soona s he came in. His biggest issue is

1. Temperment 

2. Patience ( tries to hit every ball) 

he may have all the skills but if u dont have the two above its difficult.   

17 hours ago, Vijy said:

been a long time since we saw those types. and although hughes only bowled fast-medium (would be considered trundler), he had solid endurance and maintained his aggression throughout, giving the impression to opposition of being faster/harder to play than what he actually was. by no means a great player, but an underrated one. likewise for boon - he scored the ugly, gritty runs very well.

I never said they weren't good cricketers

But fit they were not.

1 hour ago, neel roy said:

No way. He cant play leg spin . Absolutely zilch. He was floundering against hasaranga. After first match they realised it and started to get spinners as soona s he came in. His biggest issue is

1. Temperment 

2. Patience ( tries to hit every ball) 

he may have all the skills but if u dont have the two above its difficult.   

Hasaranga is no random leg spinner.

He's fine. Sehwag like attitude is what we need at top of order. 

4 minutes ago, Lord said:

Hasaranga is no random leg spinner.

He's fine. Sehwag like attitude is what we need at top of order. 

With power comes responsibilities. The responsibility is opening the innings. Hope he can be at least 50 perc of sehwag..

11 minutes ago, Lord said:

He'll be better ODI cricketer than him. Just needs chances

He needs to shut his trap and just put his head down and strive to better instead of these random posts

Indian opening batter Prithvi Shaw shared a cryptic post on his Instagram story, amid reports of failing a Yo-Yo test ahead of IPL 2022. Shaw put up an Instagram story around the same time when reports of the right-hander failing a Yo-Yo test at the NCA in Bengaluru started doing the rounds. "Please don't judge me when you don't know my situation. You are creating your own Karma‘

1 hour ago, neel roy said:

He needs to shut his trap and just put his head down and strive to better instead of these random posts

Indian opening batter Prithvi Shaw shared a cryptic post on his Instagram story, amid reports of failing a Yo-Yo test ahead of IPL 2022. Shaw put up an Instagram story around the same time when reports of the right-hander failing a Yo-Yo test at the NCA in Bengaluru started doing the rounds. "Please don't judge me when you don't know my situation. You are creating your own Karma‘

I m not seeing that here!

https://www.instagram.com/prithvishaw/?hl=en

3 hours ago, Jay said:

*ing fat * lose some weight. Apart from that yea he has talent. 

needs to also ditch that "victim" attitude I keep seeing from him. he was definitely hard done by TM (e.g., should have played more ODIs and T20s than he has by now) but so were many others. and I have seen him give these emotional interviews or indulge in cryptic posts.

Hopefully he'll stay true to his first name and stick to terra firma.

He can either :wp35::wp24: or start:wp125::weights:. He's not an amateur who needs to worry about a day job.

If he isn't interested in getting fit, he could create a LinkedIn profile and explore options.

Chuckte Raho

TC

Edited by Throwaib_Chuckter
On 3/19/2022 at 1:02 PM, Vijy said:

genetics is definitely important, but not the whole story in my opinion. I have seen several fit people in Indian rural areas who are not only strong but also agile. In fact, in my childhood long ago, Indian kids were really good at underrated sports like kabaddi that involved not just strength but also agility. I feel the potential is still there, but too many who make it to higher levels seem to just coast along by doing the min required and relying on "talent" for the rest.

I should have correctly said that genetics and environment are the key factors. Then of course natural talent.

A point of difference, I have noticed many Indian children growing up in Australia who do "appear" to be genuinely a much stronger build than back in India.

On 3/20/2022 at 8:57 PM, Vijy said:

they were fit enough for the standards of their time. the game has obviously evolved a lot since then.

No they werent. Even then fit cricketers existed liked Dev etc. They were good despite their weight.

Even recently Ryan Harris was bigger than others.Fitness matters but is not everything.

14 hours ago, Vijy said:

needs to also ditch that "victim" attitude I keep seeing from him. he was definitely hard done by TM (e.g., should have played more ODIs and T20s than he has by now) but so were many others. and I have seen him give these emotional interviews or indulge in cryptic posts.

I don't think he has ever blamed anybody.

Hes still young so doesnt have maturity to deal with sudden exclusions.

On 3/21/2022 at 12:02 PM, Lord said:

I don't think he has ever blamed anybody.

Hes still young so doesnt have maturity to deal with sudden exclusions.

it's not about blaming someone in particular. it can also be about blaming the "system" or some other generic stuff