Mumbai INDIANS - 2023 - TEAM Thread

Stan AF

Its high time for MI to get Pollard out of his misery by dropping him. MI aren't doing any favors to Pollard by picking him. A struggling player needs to take his mind away from the game for a while and then try to make a comeback. MI management us just dragging their feet in conveying the news to Pollard.

2 hours ago, Texan said:

Its high time for MI to get Pollard out of his misery by dropping him. MI aren't doing any favors to Pollard by picking him. A struggling player needs to take his mind away from the game for a while and then try to make a comeback. MI management us just dragging their feet in conveying the news to Pollard.

There's good reason to believe that this will be his last season.

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

RoSha and Pollard should be offered the IPL version of the VRS.

I think they are not getting the enormity of the situation which we as fans can anticipate and are praying to avoid.

THE WOODEN SPOON. 

Imagine the SHAME and IGNOMINY it’ll attach. While we pride ourselves as “5 Times Winners”, our haters will from now on add “Wooden Spoon Winners” also. :hehe:

‘Yam, as you live in Mumbai, can you, on an urgent basis, courier as large WOODEN SPOON to the idiots in MI Paltan with a message, “You idiots still have time to avoid the Wooden Spoon, do something!”?

:pray:

I just happened to check Ramandeep Singh's domestic stats.

List A avg of 23 at SR of 66

T20 avg of 12 at SR of 115

Those stats suggest that he is neither a big run getter nor a quick run getter and he hasn't even bowled much. He is not even a 19-20 year old kid that they saw play in U19s and picked him. He is 25 years old.

And he batted at number 4 for MI, 5-time IPL champions. He barely gets into the Punjab team.

So, my question is: which dimwit picked this guy? And what was the criteria? And they expect they will win IPL matches playing with such guys? :facepalm:

Throw all these fool's back into the auction table. Save some$$$$ and get new players. They can't be worse than this season.

Sams

Mills

Unadkat

Thampi

Rd Singh

M Ashwin 

Kartikeya

& Last but not least

Ishan. He has to go. I gave the kid a benefit of 2nd chance after seeing him do well in 2020 season. But the truth is the kid has a bad attitude and often plays for his own. What was the point of yesterday's 50. If he is dropped again this year that would be 5 in a row.

25 minutes ago, Texan said:

Those stats suggest that he is neither a big run getter nor a quick run getter and he hasn't even bowled much. He is not even a 19-20 year old kid that they saw play in U19s and picked him. He is 25 years old.

And he batted at number 4 for MI, 5-time IPL champions. He barely gets into the Punjab team.

So, my question is: which dimwit picked this guy? And what was the criteria? And they expect they will win IPL matches playing with such guys? :facepalm:

Our batting woes existed before this guy was picked to play. Why he was selected? Does it make sense, who picked him etc are digressions to the fundamental question:

Why have we batted poorly all season?

RoSha

Kishan

Pollard 

have been tailender like.

SKY's played a flash in the pan innings every once in a while. Not dependable.

Even now, when we have nothing to lose, we bat so cautiously. The rot in batting has to be fixed top down.

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Our batting woes existed before this guy was picked to play. Why he was selected? Does it make sense, who picked him etc are digressions to the fundamental question:

Why have we batted poorly all season?

RoSha

Kishan

Pollard 

have been tailender like.

SKY's played a flash in the pan innings every once in a while. Not dependable.

Even now, when we have nothing to lose, we bat so cautiously. The rot in batting has to be fixed top down.

I totally agree that he is obviously not the reason MI is in a trench. But the point here is that MI, despite having some of the most illustrious names in their team management, doesn't even appear to do some basic research before picking someone in their squad. What is the use of so many big names in their management team? How did players like this guy just slip through the cracks? Now, he might go on to play a blinder one day, but the overall records and whatever little I watched of him today don't suggest that there is a high likelihood of that happening.

16 hours ago, asterix said:

I think they are not getting the enormity of the situation which we as fans can anticipate and are praying to avoid.

THE WOODEN SPOON. 

Imagine the SHAME and IGNOMINY it’ll attach. While we pride ourselves as “5 Times Winners”, our haters will from now on add “Wooden Spoon Winners” also. :hehe:

‘Yam, as you live in Mumbai, can you, on an urgent basis, courier as large WOODEN SPOON to the idiots in MI Paltan with a message, “You idiots still have time to avoid the Wooden Spoon, do something!”?

:pray:

giphy.gif

14 hours ago, Texan said:

Probably Sachin thinking he can transform ramandeep and get all credit

this mandeep ramandeep anmolpteet are of no value

rather pick U-19 cricketers or oldies like mishra or kedarJadhav

22 hours ago, Texan said:

You have no idea what you are talking about. MI had no money left to pick anyone. Most of these domestic players are their last minute pick to complete their minimum squad. Picked at base price. What his domestic stats were didn't even matter.