Mumbai INDIANS - 2023 - TEAM Thread

Stan AF

11 minutes ago, Vijy said:

some "high" standards these are...

I'm :broken_heart: at your comment.

You come here now to mock us.

Let me ask you a simple question. It is by far the most important question that you, or any human has to answer?

Who is the real hero of the Illiad/Trojan war?

You would be tempted to say Achilles. But Achilles dragged around Hector's corpse after killing him. Where is the honour in that?

Hector was honourable. He fought for his family and country as ordered. And died. Not a selfish bone in his body.

Do you come to our thread and despoil the corpse a la Achilles?

Edited by Mariyam

1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

I'm :broken_heart: at your comment.

You come here now to mock us.

Let me ask you a simple question. It is by far the most important question that you, or any human has to answer?

Who is the real hero of the Illiad/Trojan war?

You would be tempted to say Achilles. But Achilles dragged around Hector's corpse after killing him. Where is the honour in that?

Hector was honourable. He fought for his family and country as ordered. And died. Not a selfish bone in his body.

Do you will to come to our thread and despoil the corpse a la Achilles?

hector >> achilles as a human being. but, for better or worse, achilles finished on the winning side and therefore ended up achieving (literary) immortality.

I wouldn't say I am mocking the team as such (lots of sincere/committed players), but rather the hubris of the management. for instance, over-investing in jofra was (IMO) a bad move since we don't really know what shape he will be in next year. there were lots of strange decisions made, and it seemed to me that the TM was walking the Greek path of hubris.

22 minutes ago, asterix said:

I hope the Lambs are. Ring fed properly ahead of their another slaughter tomorrow…. 

I think everyone is tired of the :mi: kebabs now.

Mark my words, we need one good innings at the top. And things will magically fall in place.

I've seen many of the other games. No one is markedly better this IPL. Everyone is beatable if we get our act right.

If I am not wrong, the record for most consecutive losses is with KKR & Pune Warriors, both lost 9 games on the trot in 2009 & 2013 respectively ... Most losses in a row across seasons is at 11 for Pune Warriors 2012-2013 

45 minutes ago, zen said:

If I am not wrong, the record for most consecutive losses is with KKR & Pune Warriors, both lost 9 games on the trot in 2009 & 2013 respectively ... Most losses in a row across seasons is at 11 for Pune Warriors 2012-2013 

You left the sinking ship at the right time. 

good call.

Deserving loss again.
0-6 is a new low.

Serves right for screwing up the auction in taking ishan, unadkat, thampi and least of all Ashwin over chahal who is winning matches for RR almost single handedly.

On a team which boasted high profile foreign pacers we have to be now content with sams and mills. What's Riley Meredith doing warming up the bench.

Ishan needs to be dropped again just like he was dropped last year. The kid doesn't have a good head over his shoulders. Needs a lot of whupping.

Get your act together, Rohit. It'll be soon 0-10 at this rate.

17 hours ago, SeasonedIPLer said:

You left the sinking ship at the right time. 

good call.

Like the proverbial rat you mean?

Just like @zen's DP.

j/k :p:

I'm like the captain Smith of the :mi: Titanic. Always with the team through and through.

1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

Like the proverbial rat you mean?

Just like @zen's DP.

j/k :p:

I'm like the captain Smith of the :mi: Titanic. Always with the team through and through.

I ditched MI well before the auction (as soon as new teams were announced) :dontknow:

21 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

What's this?

Why would someone use a knife to cut plain mustard sauce?

You haven't seen Tex Avery?

When his name pops up onscreen, it’s a hint that what’s ahead is coming from a specific mindset that includes relentless gags, visual puns, meta asides, and a heavy dose of surrealism, all delivered with lightning speed. He’s not trying to play nice, like Disney, who he often mocked in his cartoons.

Edited by DarkProfile

What's the status of Riley Meredith?. If he's not injured and available to play it makes no sense to keep him in the bench.

MI could start early and look at letting go off players at the end of this season. I'd start with ishan, sams and mills right away.

I don't know what the process is but it's better to let these players back into the player pool.

Edited by Stan AF

38 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

Rohit and Kishan need a look at themselves. Big names and such massive massive letdowns in such brilliant batting conditions. The 18 yo new comer is putting them to shame with his positive approach.

Even Unadkat and Murugan are smashing it

Both are under the illusion of permanent spots/fixtures.