Mumbai INDIANS - 2023 - TEAM Thread

Stan AF

Why MI matches are mostly held on weekends? Where’s in between KKR had played 3 matches!

I can understand the being a top notch all STAR team, it’s matches are viewed all over the World and Governing Council wants to extract as much money as possible from MI matches. As a fan I hope it’s not treating MI as a sacrificial lamb which you feed well only to sacrifice on “special occasions” for the pleasure of other IPL teams & fans. :dontknow:

Daniel Sams combined bowling figures after 3 games for MI : 11-0-139-1 @ economy 12.64

Three losses. Its not like we haven't started bad before. Circa 2015, we started with 5 losses and we still won the cup.

This problem was expected as MI was built on a rich fast bowling legacy. Especially foreign fast bowlers. Sams/Mills are not quite there, sams especially.

I mean we won our 1st cup when Johnson was paired with Malinga in 2013 and then bumrah and malinga carried the torch till 2019. Then Boult paired with Bumrah and we won 2020. Once we get Jofra archer back in the side it will be business as usual but until then we have to replace sams with riley M and see how things goes from there. 

5 hours ago, Stan AF said:

Daniel Sams combined bowling figures after 3 games for MI : 11-0-139-1 @ economy 12.64

Three losses. Its not like we haven't started bad before. Circa 2015, we started with 5 losses and we still won the cup.

This problem was expected as MI was built on a rich fast bowling legacy. Especially foreign fast bowlers. Sams/Mills are not quite there, sams especially.

I mean we won our 1st cup when Johnson was paired with Malinga in 2013 and then bumrah and malinga carried the torch till 2019. Then Boult paired with Bumrah and we won 2020. Once we get Jofra archer back in the side it will be business as usual but until then we have to replace sams with riley M and see how things goes from there. 

0-5 was 2014 not 15. In 2014 they barely qualified for the Play offs due to a suspicious last minute match against RR where they scored 190 in 14 overs. 

53 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

0-5 was 2014 not 15. In 2014 they barely qualified for the Play offs due to a suspicious last minute match against RR where they scored 190 in 14 overs. 

What's a suspicious last minute match? :phehe: are you a fixer kings fan?

10 minutes ago, Pollack said:

What's a suspicious last minute match? :phehe: are you a fixer kings fan?

Need to chase 190 in 14 overs. They couldn't chase, so umpires called in a last minute rule change to allow MI to progress through, including a leg side full toss. 

1 minute ago, I6MTW said:

Need to chase 190 in 14 overs. They couldn't chase, so umpires called in a last minute rule change to allow MI to progress through, including a leg side full toss. 

I've watched that match. It's a legendary game of IPL. Your claims are completely false and out of jealousy. The match is a great example of  "when one has nothing to lose, he/she/it can move mountains. "

13 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

Yeah that match was fishy but not surprising.

2 of mumbais titles have clearly been down to umpires 

Where is Corey Anderson and Aditya tare now