Is Aussie spin bowling cupboard empty?

Texan

4 hours ago, sensible-indian said:

I would have loved to see Indian spin trio on this track.

Feel test cricket in India is just too easy for our spinners.

I wanna see how they fare in SC pattas across an entire series.

There is nothing to see. They will crumble. It is a given. Look at Chennai Test 2021.

5 minutes ago, Lord said:

atleast they did well in SL and Pak/UAE.

When was the last time Lyon won Aus a game on his own anywhere?Had lot of chances

Lyon was never considered an ATG. But these two are. Even the ATGs were not at their best when they were up against better players.  So Lyon not showing up in few overseas matches  is not a big deal for them.

8 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Lyon was never considered an ATG. But these two are. Even the ATGs were not at their best when they were up against better players.  So Lyon not showing up in few overseas matches  is not a big deal for them.

Lyon is up against far poorer players of spin. 

24 minutes ago, Lord said:

Lyon is up against far poorer players of spin. 

He is a conventional spinner. He doesn't have doosra or anything. He doesn't have carrom ball. Not a leggie to use googly. He needs a bit of bounce on the surface. That is where his revs make a difference. On docile tracks you could camp on the backfoot and play conventional bowlers easily.   But for reverse swing even seamers would struggle on these pitches. Look how Steyn and co was dismantled at chennai by Sehwag.

4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He is a conventional spinner. He doesn't have doosra or anything. He doesn't have carrom ball. Not a leggie to use googly. He needs a bit of bounce on the surface. That is where his revs make a difference. On docile tracks you could camp on the backfoot and play conventional bowlers easily.   But for reverse swing even seamers would struggle on these pitches. Look how Steyn and co was dismantled at chennai by Sehwag.

Seamers are expected to struggle in Asia.

I'm not just talking of pattas of this series. When last did Lyon win them a match anywhere?

1 hour ago, Lord said:

Seamers are expected to struggle in Asia.

I'm not just talking of pattas of this series. When last did Lyon win them a match anywhere?

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/australia-tour-of-new-zealand-2015-16-914197/new-zealand-vs-australia-1st-test-914237/full-scorecard

In NZ 7 wickets.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/australia-in-eng-2019-1144422/england-vs-australia-1st-test-1152846/full-scorecard

In England

Edited by vvvslaxman