Dhoni gives up CSK captaincy, Jadeja to be the new CSK captain

Ankit_sharma03

1 minute ago, Cricspin said:

Possibly they wanted an Indian captain. This is why paid Jadeja 15 crores.

The cricinfo article says that this was discussed last year itself. So possibly Jadeja was already selected and they let FAF go.

It just needs to be a certainty which Faf was. Else groom someone younger. 

41 minutes ago, Lord said:

It must have been planned beforehand

That's why I was surprised they didnt buy back Faf. Could have been a good option

They tried, but Faf went for a high price..

In any case, they would prefer an Indian captain..

I get the feeling Jadeja is an interim option for a couple of years and then Gaikwad will become their long term captain.

6 hours ago, Lord said:

Should not even be playing then. Will waste a spot.

With Deepak Chahar out,CSK is unlikely to make the playoffs,so maybe Dhoni saw the writing on the wall.

im expecting him to sit out few games as conway n uthappa can keep n even rayudu gave his name as keeper in auction. May be he ll see how jadeja handles the team, if he handles it well then he ll fade out slowly or else we might see him play more 

if Dhoni was planning to give up the captaincy, then they should have retained Faf and made him the captain for interim until they find a a young indian player  (if they wanted indian captain).  it was kind a dumb to release him and not go for him in the auction. wasted all their money on thala.  csk mgmt being a fan boy of thala and sleep walking into the auction haveing secured thala is cringeworthy.. 

Jadeja is not a captaincy guy and he is best if he remains low key.. 

I see a disaster written all over for Jadeja and CSk this season..