Jump to content
Ankit_sharma03

Indian Captaincy option Thread- New Generation of Indian Skippers

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Cricspin said:

 

Was saying things to Miller last match for his run out. Looked very odd.

 

Imagine him being Captain of India.. God.. have to stop watching Cricket.

 

 

The thing with Pandya is that he will be good as a part of leadership group but you make him captain of the team that has Rahul, Pant and Bumrah and so on, that team will get destroyed. He cannot captain a team with big stars.

 

He has a big ego and hence he can only lead a team where no one is as big as him. In Gujarat Lions, it might work because Gill and other Indian players can play under him and overseas players like Wade, Miller aren't too bothered with these things.

 

In India, there are as big superstars as him and ego clashes are bound to happen if Hardik gets a nod over any of them and Hardik himself has big ego.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Majestic said:

The thing with Pandya is that he will be good as a part of leadership group but you make him captain of the team that has Rahul, Pant and Bumrah and so on, that team will get destroyed. He cannot captain a team with big stars.

 

He has a big ego and hence he can only lead a team where no one is as big as him. In Gujarat Lions, it might work because Gill and other Indian players can play under him and overseas players like Wade, Miller aren't too bothered with these things.

 

In India, there are as big superstars as him and ego clashes are bound to happen if Hardik gets a nod over any of them and Hardik himself has big ego.


Buddy, that could be perception :dontknow:
 

He is friendly not only with the players but every one in the staff. He has welcomed every player, done one to one meetings with them to build relationships and tried to understand what each player wants to do. 
 

Even if you see the games, he was quick to give credit to PK and felt sorry that the team had to lose in such a way. After the DC game, he was hugging Pant. KL of course is like is brother. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Majestic said:

The thing with Pandya is that he will be good as a part of leadership group but you make him captain of the team that has Rahul, Pant and Bumrah and so on, that team will get destroyed. He cannot captain a team with big stars.

 

He has a big ego and hence he can only lead a team where no one is as big as him. In Gujarat Lions, it might work because Gill and other Indian players can play under him and overseas players like Wade, Miller aren't too bothered with these things.

 

In India, there are as big superstars as him and ego clashes are bound to happen if Hardik gets a nod over any of them and Hardik himself has big ego.

 

I remember him mocking VIjay shankar in a random onfield incident. He is full of himself. Huge attitude problem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2022 at 8:25 AM, Majestic said:

but you make him captain of the team that has Rahul, Pant and Bumrah and so on, that team will get destroyed. He cannot captain a team with big stars.

the same thing was said during dhoni's time that how wud he captain a side where yuvi,sehwag, zak, bhajji, sachin were there ....................all these are just baseless assumptions

On the contrary rahul, pant, bumrah arent even  problomatic as bhajji, yuvi, sehwag were to handle

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, QuarantineTormentino said:

SDP seems to be a very tactically sound captain, just needs to improve his temperament a bit. Can’t go shouting at your team mates if things aren’t going your way like that. Or else he’s a very viable captaincy candidate. Give him a good t20i team and watch him Kapil Dev his way through the 2022 world cup 

 

As long he can ensure fitness and availabilty,hes a terrific choice.

 

But Rohit is set to skipper till 2023 atleast :sad:

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

the same thing was said during dhoni's time that how wud he captain a side where yuvi,sehwag, zak, bhajji, sachin were there ....................all these are just baseless assumptions

On the contrary rahul, pant, bumrah arent even  problomatic as bhajji, yuvi, sehwag were to handle

 

infact his personality is exactly what you need to handle big stars. Cant have someone meek like Rahul.

 

Rashid is bigger T20 stars than any we have and hes doing fine

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lord said:

Hardik hasn't made any great moves but has been keeping it simple which is what all it takes mostly.

 

Mayank,Rahul,Samson all have complicated thinking,

 

Pant and Iyer also keep it simple.

great moves are good in chess, in cricket best keep it simple anyways every move is dependant on ur player and startegies are something that everyone gets better with time. Dhoni till last made blunders, kohli with his strategies got quite good , rohit makes a lot of blunder. Strategy to aisi hai chal gayi to theek nhin to gaali 

 

two thing that he has done right

  • performed as captain
  • his side has punched above their weight (its wasnt even a good side post auction, too many loopholes )

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lord said:

Hardik hasn't made any great moves but has been keeping it simple which is what all it takes mostly.

 

Mayank,Rahul,Samson all have complicated thinking,

 

Pant and Iyer also keep it simple.

great moves are good in chess, in cricket best keep it simple anyways every move is dependant on ur player and startegies are something that everyone gets better with time. Dhoni till last made blunders, kohli with his strategies got quite good , rohit makes a lot of blunder. Strategy to aisi hai chal gayi to theek nhin to gaali 

 

two thing that he has done right

  • performed as captain
  • his side has punched above their weight (its wasnt even a good side post auction, too many loopholes )

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...