Indian Captaincy option Thread- New Generation of Indian Skippers

Ankit_sharma03

9 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

from where, mark the timing

Inke muh se hardik ki tareef ................ye to sunna banta hai

Well sooner or later ppl realize that it is difficult to bet against SDP, so it better join the party!

Some ppl did propaganda to try to reduce the guy to zero but his luck appears to be extremely strong. SDP’s luck could be similar (if not better) to other Indian greats including Dhoni.

As for the show, they discussed it multiple times. It is the guy to the extreme left (Rahul?) who remarks that.

Edited by zen

Wasn't impressed at all with Pandya. Yesterday's match was more like "jeeta hua match haarte-haarte bachaa." Some observations:

1) Letting the tailenders of Punjab Kings to make 30 damn runs in the last three overs. They made 20 more runs than they should have.

2) Gill was exhausted and had slowed down considerably after 10-12 overs. Clearly, he was playing selfish at that point. Pandya should have sent a message that there are fresh hitters waiting to do the job. So, either accelerate or make way.

3) Shouting at Miller for a run out that was Pandya's call. Losing it when things get tough.

Edited by DarkProfile

All the new captains are shockingly below par with poor sense of strategic decision making. Even in yesterday's game Samson looked clueless, and it was Ashwin, Butler and Boult guiding the last two overs for RR.

In IPL too many captains have been appointed on PR and popularity factor no wonder Dhoni wipes the floors with these hopeless captains season after season.

On 3/24/2022 at 2:50 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

So finally we are in the new era where we ll be having a lot of new bunch of Indian captains and the right time also since we ll be needing options post 2023 

Here are the options that will be leading IPL sides this year

1. KL Rahul
  2. Pant
  3. Shreyas iyer
  4. Hardik Pandya
  5. Mayank Agarwal
  6. Jadeja
  7. Samson 

if i would give Rohit Sharma 10/10 as Captain which I think He deserves, he is a smart and shrewd captain.

Virat does the job well in test and I would rate him very well in test captaincy and Odi captaincy ..kind 8 /10.

Kl - 3/10.

Pant- 4 /10.

Shreyas Iyer- 5/10.

Hardik P- He seems good though he looses his cool but he will improve. 7/10.

Mayank- also looked good as captain...6/10

Jadeja- did he captained in any match..MS DHONI did.

Samson- 5/10.

13 hours ago, chewy said:

All the new captains are shockingly below par with poor sense of strategic decision making. Even in yesterday's game Samson looked clueless, and it was Ashwin, Butler and Boult guiding the last two overs for RR.

In IPL too many captains have been appointed on PR and popularity factor no wonder Dhoni wipes the floors with these hopeless captains season after season.

Dhoni is a great captain to have when the team is randomly assembled.  Others will take time.  Iyer is my only pick. Rest are mhe.

3 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

if i would give Rohit Sharma 10/10 as Captain which I think He deserves, he is a smart and shrewd captain.

Virat does the job well in test and I would rate him very well in test captaincy and Odi captaincy ..kind 8 /10.

Kl - 3/10.

Pant- 4 /10.

Shreyas Iyer- 5/10.

Hardik P- He seems good though he looses his cool but he will improve. 7/10.

Mayank- also looked good as captain...6/10

Jadeja- did he captained in any match..MS DHONI did.

Samson- 5/10.

Hardik in his very first season already looks “seasoned” relatively (quick learner?) … While many of the other guys have been captains for a season or more … Jadeja like you said could be guided by Dhoni  

Edited by zen