Is Dinesh Karthik the best T20 finisher that India is looking for

Dinesh Karthik as a T20 finisher  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is DK the best T20I finisher that India got?

• Yes, he is and should be in playing XI
    • No, there are much better alternatives
    • He is good but he does not add up to the team composition

He should definitely start ahead of Pant or Kishan. He's the best no.6 we could have asked for. 

Kishan is in terrible form and Pant has done absolutely nothing in T20 cricket to warrant a guaranteed place in the 11. As of now, I'd say this looks like our likely best bet on a top 6.

Rohit 

Rahul

SKY

Kohli

Pandya

DK

Just now, Norman said:

He should definitely start ahead of Pant or Kishan. He's the best no.6 we could have asked for. 

Kishan is in terrible form and Pant has done absolutely nothing in T20 cricket to warrant a guaranteed place in the 11. As of now, I'd say this looks like our likely best bet on a top 6.

Rohit 

Rahul

SKY

Kohli

Pandya

DK

Kohli at 4 would be a huge blunder.

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Kohli at 4 would be a huge blunder.

Current kohli is a blunder anywhere in a T20 team. That's why i said 'likely best bet'.  We just have to accept that there's no way he's not going to Australia and starting every game. I'd have said he should be used as a floater based on the situation but he's too egotistical to agree to that. 

But one thing is for sure.. If our top 3 remains Rahul-Rohit-Kohli, then another group stage exit awaits. 

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Current kohli is a blunder anywhere in a T20 team. That's why i said 'likely best bet'.  We just have to accept that there's no way he's not going to Australia and starting every game. I'd have said he should be used as a floater based on the situation but he's too egotistical to agree to that. 

But one thing is for sure.. If our top 3 remains Rahul-Rohit-Kohli, then another group stage exit awaits. 

Preferably Kohli shouldn't be in XI but his best bet is to bat higher only. Cannot clear the field after powerplays and last year he struggled to up the ante in UAE whenever batted after powerplay overs( IPl and WT20 included both).

3 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Preferably Kohli shouldn't be in XI but his best bet is to bat higher only. Cannot clear the field after powerplays and last year he struggled to up the ante in UAE whenever batted after powerplay overs( IPl and WT20 included both).

That's a horrible idea. Powerplays are where games are won and lost these days. You need your best batters at the top who can maximize the run scoring give a good start. 

If an early wicket falls and kohli comes in the second over, he'll have the stupid excuse of "solidifying after an early wicket and preventing the collapse" and he'll happily prod along to 40/2 in the PP and that's where the game is lost. 

I agree it's all an unfortunate damage control thing due to the stupid seniority culture but only place to hide kohli is at 4 where he won't be required to start or finish the innings most of the time. 

17 hours ago, Suhaan said:

DK does this time and again

Whose place he is going to be?

Washington Sundar or the spin bowling batting allrounder position in the team. He should be above Ishan Kishan too in my opinion. But if Ishan is going to be selected, we need him in place of a batting allrounder spinner as I doubt such spinners are going to be effective in Australia

On 4/19/2022 at 3:50 PM, sarcastic said:

Washington Sundar or the spin bowling batting allrounder position in the team. He should be above Ishan Kishan too in my opinion. But if Ishan is going to be selected, we need him in place of a batting allrounder spinner as I doubt such spinners are going to be effective in Australia

Sundar would be a great fit because he also has the skill of rebuilding an innings thanks to his solid technique.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

If Kohli regains the form, he will walk into this team.The question is will he regain the form.He is better than any batsman we have seen on this team.Batting thru out this series has been deporalable.Winning last two matches has not solved anything.

Bhai 3 saal se if if if if hi chal raha hai. Question is when, time running out now. 3 years is a long time, how many ATG batsmen do you know who had such extended period of lean run? 

19 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Wrong about what ?? 

I dnt mind him opening 

Last chance acc to fans only, he ll be backed and rightly so. 

Only as opener. Not in mo. His ugly hoicks won't last long. He plays like a hack. He is a much better player than he has shown. 

Credit to Karthik here, on 49 and never scored a 50 in T20I for India, at his age and given the preference of the selection committee for favs and other stat padders, he still went for a 6 in the 20th over.

A player like Kohli would go tuk tuk to get to 50, regardless of the state of play.

Thats assuming he even gets a chance to reach the 40s, such is decline now.

9 hours ago, putrevus said:

If Kohli regains the form, he will walk into this team.The question is will he regain the form.He is better than any batsman we have seen on this team.Batting thru out this series has been deporalable.Winning last two matches has not solved anything.

yes, he is on the verge of regaining it.. much like how I am on the verge of going to the Moon as India's first man on the moon. Will say hello to everyone on ICF then.

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Only as opener. Not in mo. His ugly hoicks won't last long. He plays like a hack. He is a much better player than he has shown. 

he is sadly a hack in LOIs, although that can change in the future. GOAT Ind keeper in tests though.

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

aesthetic lagne se wo t20 cricketer to nhin ho jayega 

If shot comes of it look good if it doesnt its looks stupid

He looks stupid too often. He needs to open. He can be our Sehwag. If not he needs to tinker with his game for loi.

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

yes, he is on the verge of regaining it.. much like how I am on the verge of going to the Moon as India's first man on the moon. Will say hello to everyone on ICF then.

It can become a reality. 500 k Tesla offers you a trip to moon.