Shahbaz Ahmed potential replacement of Dudeja?

Lone Wolf

23 minutes ago, Majestic said:

In T20s, IPL is a good barometer to have. But this format itself is very dynamic and unstable and hence not much seperates the Indian first XI and second XI in terms of skills as well as performance.

So, we can lose with the best team on a given day and we can win with the second best team too on any other day.

This format is a joke format. Literally anyone click on any day. Mitch Marsh who was clueless in Bangladesh where t hey lost 1-4 was a beast in the world T20. Even players surprise themselves in this format. Very player has displayed any sort of consistency. Kohli for a brief period. Malinga most of the time. It is all about players playing the given roles successfully. 

7 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

This format is a joke format. Literally anyone click on any day. Mitch Marsh who was clueless in Bangladesh where t hey lost 1-4 was a beast in the world T20. Even players surprise themselves in this format. Very player has displayed any sort of consistency. Kohli for a brief period. Malinga most of the time. It is all about players playing the given roles successfully. 

Yes, I agree. That is why I don't find this format as a correct parameter to rate a player's overall stature. Mitchell Marsh went on to win the finals for Australia, he is barely anything extraordinary. It has to be Test cricket if we have to judge a player's calibre.

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

Problem is these are second fiddle knocks and not lead knocks. If you want to take a guy good for playing second fiddle knocks in IPL to international level, that is a concern.

I don't know how and what team should be picked for T20Is because it is a random format and anyone on given day can win game and not necessarily you need to have big names. But on merit, Shahbaz needs to win games on his own or through all round performances to get a nod at international level. Aside of Jaddu, Axar and Sundar are also in the mix as of now.

I don't see any issue with him playing few bilateral T20s to see what he is capable of.  Like of Chakravatthy have plated World cup for India who never looked world class & got picked coz of a fluke 5for he picked once in a IPl game. 

Manju was always right when he said Jadeja is a bits n pieces player at least in ODI/T20 & he made this based on Jadeja 1.0 version  which was just horrible based on a decade old Investment.  Even Pandu has won us more games in his 4-5 years than Dudeja in 12 years. 

I always value players who I think can be clutch.  People say Iyer is bad but I think he is far far more reliable than likes of Kishan Samson Pant & has won us more games than these three in LOI is proof of that.  Shahbaz looks like he is of same breed.  Sundar/Axar are also quality options & are much superior bowlers but their power hitting looks dodgy at times while I don't see such issues with Shahbaz.   Faf also said Shahbaz has a skinny frame but he hits the ball long & we have seen that in this IPl. 

First of all, Jaddu is not some ideal prototype T20 player or even LOI player. So looking for his ideal "replacement" is not necessary. Remember that only injury to "all rounder" Hardik got Jadeja back in through the door after years out of the LOI squad, and thanks to his fielding and "potential", he has stuck around like bubble gum on the sole of a shoe. 

4 hours ago, Texan said:

I think either Shahbaz or Washington should be our number 7 batsman/spin bowler. Now even Jadeja's fielding took a beating with him dropping two absolute sitters. He seems to be woefully out of form.

Shahbaz batting in middle order for RCB is a great sign.  Seems like RCB TM trusts his batting a whole lot more & results are for everyone to see. 

16 hours ago, Texan said:

I think either Shahbaz or Washington should be our number 7 batsman/spin bowler. Now even Jadeja's fielding took a beating with him dropping two absolute sitters. He seems to be woefully out of form.

captaincy pressure (even though Dhoni makes the moves)

13 hours ago, maniac said:

Don’t get fooled by IPL is all I can say. Have seen him before. Decent player for IPL but not international material.

We are looking for a utility player only to balance the side

Though he should bowl more 

sundar is an equally tight and capable bowler (if not more) and has a higher ceiling with the bat, even if not as explosive. he is the one that should be persisted with, at least while his glass body permits it

38 minutes ago, maniac said:

I request not  to hype such players based on 1-2 IPL outings 

Top order gets blown in every game.  He had to stabilize.  One bad inns..  That too not that bad considering what seniors are doing.  Dudeja wastes even good starts forget about winning games when Top order gets blown away. 

Shahbaz has rescued RCB quite a few times in this season. 

32 minutes ago, DarkProfile said:

Crumbles in the pressure of captaincy. Just like how he crumbles / goes in a shell in the pressure of a top-order collapse situation.

He is a low IQ player..  Very slow learner.  Hard to believe dude is playing constant LOI cricket since 2008 but never has been a match winner.  People confuse Jaddu the test player with Jaddu the LOI player so easily...  His shot in the Asia cup 2018 tied game vs Afghans sums up his cricketing brain. 

Even Kedar Jadhav stayed cool & won us the Asia Cup final game at the last ball.  Dudeja would never manage to do that.

Pawan Negi had a couple of fluke seasons like this but then was as mediocre as it gets either side of that.

Shabaz has never been impressive before. Malnourished batting and pie chucking. Yes he has been very good this season. Long way to go before I am sold on him completely. Amazing fielder though. I am just comparing Negi to Shahbaz just to make a point. Shabaz is leagues ahead of Negi.

answer to Jaddu's replacement, as I wrote above, is Sundar. although he is right-arm bowler, he is an accurate T20 finger spinner. and his batting has a lot of unrealized potential. It's just that his body is made of porcelain.