Shahbaz Ahmed potential replacement of Dudeja?

Lone Wolf

Sundar and Axar are ahead in reckoning and rightly so.

T20s - I will go with Sundar over the three because he is the best bowler of the three, esepcially in Australia. However, he should come in place of Jadeja and not with Jadeja because Sundar is a 3 over bowler and Jadeja is a 2 over bowler. 

Shahbaz has to wait. He is good for IPL but not for world T20s. Pick DK if you want.

Edited by Majestic

8 hours ago, Vijy said:

answer to Jaddu's replacement, as I wrote above, is Sundar. although he is right-arm bowler, he is an accurate T20 finger spinner. and his batting has a lot of unrealized potential. It's just that his body is made of porcelain.

Yes Sundar is a long term prospect.  But he is struggling with so many injuries.  But I feel Axar is better than Sundar when bowling in middle overs & difficult to line up.  Sundar after PP is not quite there.  Axar's batting/hitting is certainly better than Dudeja against pace.  Sundar has unfulfilled potential but continuous injuries are not helping his case. 

17 hours ago, Vijy said:

answer to Jaddu's replacement, as I wrote above, is Sundar. although he is right-arm bowler, he is an accurate T20 finger spinner. and his batting has a lot of unrealized potential. It's just that his body is made of porcelain.

dud fielder too.

21 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

He is a low IQ player..  Very slow learner.  Hard to believe dude is playing constant LOI cricket since 2008 but never has been a match winner.  People confuse Jaddu the test player with Jaddu the LOI player so easily...  His shot in the Asia cup 2018 tied game vs Afghans sums up his cricketing brain. 

Even Kedar Jadhav stayed cool & won us the Asia Cup final game at the last ball.  Dudeja would never manage to do that.

got from a losing position to tie though. Same v NZ

7 minutes ago, Vijy said:

ordinary fielder, but not a bad one. I still rate him higher than shahbaz in T20s, and obviously even far better in tests

Shahbaz is better bat and decent bowler. Sundar is more of a bowler but then we got better attacking bowlers.

12 hours ago, Majestic said:

With Australia tour in mind, following names should be given special priority:

Rishabh Pant

Hardik Pandya

Washington Sundar

Mohammad Siraj

T Natrajan

Shardul Thakur( his bowling will be fine given the large grounds of Australia)

Pant in Tests is different froM T20. He has not proved to reliable in this format at all. India has no choice but to go with him. But i don't fancy him as a match winner.

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

Pant in Tests is different froM T20. He has not proved to reliable in this format at all. India has no choice but to go with him. But i don't fancy him as a match winner.

An alternative option is to have KL as keeper and place him in middle order. however, if he drops a crucial catch, that could cost us match and even tourney