MI, CSK regressed?

Texan

6 hours ago, Rantzz said:

You’d need 8 wins in most cases to qualify. Sometimes 7 can get you there but Unlikely with 10 team IPL

so basically both teams have to go 8-3 here on to have a chance to qualify 

Thanks, I got it now. 14 total league matches per team. You say that 8 wins out of 14 matches is a safe probability of qualification. Both teams have lost 3 matches. 11 league matches pending. So, they can afford to lose 3 more matches, which means that they'll have to win 75-80 percent of their remaining matches.

Toss will also play a role here. So, giving 60-40 toss odds to their favour (loser's luck???), they have 7 wins and 4 losses out of 11 tosses.

Now, assuming that the toss-winning team has 70 percent odds of winning (9/13 teams have won chasing so far). So, out of the 7 matches where they win the toss, let's give them 5 wins. So, it is safe to assume that out of the 4 matches where they lose the toss, they'll have to win at least 3 matches, which comes to 75 percent winning odds after losing the toss. Impossible!

But if you give them 6 out of 7 wins in the toss-won matches, then they'll have to win 50 percent of their toss-lost matches (2 wins out of 4 matches). Hmm...

So, optimistically, they need to win 90 percent of the matches where they win the toss and 50 percent of the matches where they lose the toss? Hohoho, I'd rather bet on Thala and Hitman playing bingo.

Edited by DarkProfile

This is proof of moronic Rohit Sharma worshippers that he is no better than Kohli when it comes to both his captaincy and batting.

Yet, many times on this forum I had to fight with such morons when they said it was his "genius" captaincy that won MI so many IPL`s and not the team composition and strength.

This has been exposed This season. Once the Ambanis get fed up with losing with vada pav captain and sack him as a captain of MI next year, it will be fun to see what BCCI will do once there are actual tough tournaments with Rohit as captain and not minnow bashing matches in home friendly conditions against the likes of SL etc.

Edited by BlueBlood

7 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Its inevitable that CSK is going this route. I still don't know how they won last year with pension recepients. What's surprising is MI following CSK. Maybe some wire transfer is needed from mumbani to umps. @Mariyam what's going on here? :dontknow: seems rohit sharma is dieting and staying away from vada pavs

Ruturaj, Faf

7 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Its inevitable that CSK is going this route. I still don't know how they won last year with pension recepients. What's surprising is MI following CSK. Maybe some wire transfer is needed from mumbani to umps. @Mariyam what's going on here? :dontknow: seems rohit sharma is dieting and staying away from vada pavs

MI doesn’t has good record (maybe 50-50) in the current venues Mumbai & Pune. The pitches are fast and bouncy. MI bowlers struggle (or get carried away) on these pitches. No excuses, this could be one of the many reasons. MI always struggles to get a good combination after major auction, the TM does lots of experiments, Weak Batting lineup, long tail, absolutely pathetic spinner (Murugan Ashwin) this season and finally lack of motivation (just look at their body language). 

The TM needs to get proper nightlong Bamboo from Ambani’s after every loss.