What would be your India's WT20 XI and 16 man squad as of today?

Majestic

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

Mentally strong people always have goals set for themselves, and are working toward them. They practice gratitude for what they have and self-care. Through spending meaningful time alone, they know who they are and establish healthy boundaries. Even when they experience self-doubt, they push themselves through.

#copied

Acha laga padh ke 

good to read but how does this apply on those 2

Set a self goal- currently DK has done that who is called a bottler 

Performing in clutch situation- pant, jaddu have done that (pant is called irresponible and jaddu we all know)

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Acha laga padh ke 

good to read but how does this apply on those 2

Set a self goal- currently DK has done that who is called a bottler 

Performing in clutch situation- pant, jaddu have done that (pant is called irresponible and jaddu we all know)

Past and present are different. If someone has bottled in past, it doesn't mean he can never change it. It depends on how he is currently doing under pressure situations.

Look at Sanju Samson for instance, all the talent but he failed to even dominate the Sri Lankan attack when he got the chance to do it twice. He failed to do it in Australia also in 2020 where he got three regular chances. Itna IPL khelne ka kya fayda..He is just not pushing himself to limits. The players who are pushing to limits are performing and are in the Indian team for quite some time now. And those who had to wait for their chances for long grabbed it in the first or second turn too.

9 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Bhai Gill ko agar le v aoge to wo Rohit, Rahul, Kohli se fast nahi khelega.. if all you have got is Gill, then we are better with Rohit, Rahul and Kohli instead in top 3.

Both KL & Gill as they can play a variety of attacks with relative ease … Gill now plays with a high SR (and expected to get better with experience) 

Rohit & Kohli have been playing since decades (already got tons of opportunities) and not even in superb form like DK, who has motivated himself to play the WC 

17 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Look at Sanju Samson for instance, all the talent but he failed to even dominate the Sri Lankan attack when he got the chance to do it twice. He failed to do it in Australia also in 2020 where he got three regular chances.

A team needs different types of players … If a team plays 6 Kohlis in top 6, it does not become better 

Guys like Samson are relatively comfortable against a variety of attacks and conditions. They do not need to score in every game. A batsmen scoring a quick 30 off 12-15 balls is ok. 

In 2021 WC, Aus used Smith as a floater and had 3 ARs (Marsh, Stoinis, & Maxwell), along with WK Wade, in its top 7. If a player gives you a couple of useful knocks esp. in key matches in a tourney that is good enough :dontknow: 

46 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

pressure men to kaptaan crumble team crumble

Rahi baat pressure situation ki pant is the players , iyer aur tripathi ka konsa sample hai ?

Tripathi is a recent form pick baaki Iyer has won 10 times the games Pant has in his short career.  Dude knows how to get the job done. Pant has higher ceiling but he isn't consistent in T20 although if he keeps improving by the time WT20 comes he could be first name on the team sheet.  Tripathi is worth a shot in bilaterals to see what he is capable of.  We got Surya our best T20 batter the same way.  Pick guys when they are in form. 

1) Assuming that we'll have to carry the dead weight of Rohit and Kohli, I'd focus on strengthening my 4-7 positions.

2) Pant and Pandya have suspect footwork, but they get better as they spend time on the crease. So, I won't put them deep down the batting order. They'll eat balls and may not be as effective. Pandya has proven himself a solid #4 batsman in this IPL. Pant, I can't find a place for him other than top. Frankly, he's not a great T20 player.

3) Finishers need solid footwork. Downstream swimmers. So, SKY and DK are my choice for the finishers.

4) Bumrah is not a great T20 bowler because he bowls a defensive line throughout the phases. So, he MUST bowl attacking in the PP and Middle phase, or bye bye.

Rohit

Pant

Kohli (backup S Iyer)

Pandya (backup D. Chahar)

SKY

DK (wk)

Sundar (backup Jaddu)

1 Death/PP Bowler (Nattu / Bhuvi / Arshdeep)

1 Middle/Death Spinner (Kuldeep / Chahal)

1 PP Strike Bowler (Bumrah / Avesh / Umesh)

1 Middle/Death Bowler (Harshal / Umraan)

1. Rohit 

2. Shaw ( if He fails as batsman than Gill or Rahul KL replace him at this position)

3. Virat....( don't forget he is a next level batsman in australia)

4. SKY

5. hardik (pace AR)

6.  venky iyer(Pace AR)

7. rishabh Pant ( if he is not fit than play Sanju samson as he is equally good batsman and both are average keepers).

8.Jadeja (washington as his replacement if jaddu is not fit)

9. shardul/Shammi

10. Bumrah .. 

11. Prasidh .. . he is ideal on bouncy tracks

if it is a strong team against us play KL rahul ahead of Venky Iyer in the 11 else iyer can play against weaker teams.

12. shubman Gill .. backup top order batter..replacement to SHAW ( if shaw or any other batsman fails)

13. Ravi Bishnoi - As per my understanding , He is in form and is probably India's best Spinner today so i will pick only him and jadeja as Spinners in Australia. on bouncy aussie tracks, he can succeed, he is a genuine leggie and i feel better than chahal and china man kuldeep. Second option to RAVI BISHNOI in case he is not looking good is to Pick washington Sundar as he is a defensive spinner who gives less runs and is a genuine batsman too.

14. kl rahul/  Venkatesh Iyer ( it is Australia and His slow medium pace bowling may work a little specifically as he gets a little bounce ) I have picked him ahead of Washington Sundar.

15.  Mohd Shammi/shardul

16. Umran .. backup super fast pacer and he can be played if he is looking very good in nets.

17. khaleel /avesh /Nattu  - my pick is Khaleel as he is our fastest n best left arm pacer but if he is not ready /in best form then avesh Or Nattu ( for his immense accuracy and control).

Edited by vishalvirsingh

7 hours ago, express bowling said:

1. Rohit ( only because he is the captain )

2. Shaw (  for quick starts )

3. Rahul

4. Pant

5 .SKY

6. Hardik

7. Jadeja

8. Harshal .. Death bowler cum lower order hitter

9. Bumrah .. Death bowler cum enforcer pacer

10. Chahal

11. Prasidh .. for PP bowling .. he is ideal on bouncy tracks

12. Gill .. backup top order batter

13. Karthik .. backup middle order batter

14. Washington / Axar .. backup spinner all-rounder 

15. Shardul .. backup pacer all-rounder 

16. Umran .. backup enforcer pacer 

17. Natarajan .. backup death bowler

.... This team has batting till 8

.... There are 6 bowlers

.... 4 pace bowling options

....  Bowlers for all phases 

.... 2 spinners

.... 1 dashing opener

....  Big hitters from 2 to 8

.... This squad has 3 quick bowlers who maybe needed on some tracks in Australia

The most difficult job for selectors is deciding how much stock they should put into IPL2022 performances considering that (a) conditions are vastly different from WCT20 in Australia and (b) T20 form can change in a heartbeat. 

So, do you abandon guys like Kishen, Venkatesh Iyer etc who were selected, at least partly, based on last year's IPL and have done okay but not great? Do you reconsider DK and Prithvi Shaw?  Do you keep Kohli although his form is atrocious right now?  What about Bishnoi?  He has done nothing wrong after being selected.  So many such questions.

As of today, I can only think of one guy - SKY - who has been playing consistently at a high level recently in LOIs for India *and* has performed at a high level in this year's IPL.  Rest are either/or.

Personally, as much as I give RGS a hard time, I am not ready to give up on him in Australia.  I think he is suited to succeed there (I am too lazy to look up stats, just my hypothesis). 

Rohit

Shaw

SKY

Rahul

Pant

H Pandya (balance)

A Patel

D Chahar

Bumrah

Chahal

Natarajan

Big regrets: 

(a) After #8, basically no batting. 

(b) No place for some of my favorite players:  Bishnoi, Jadeja, Thakur, Sundar, Siraj and H. Patel

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

10 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

gill is a miles miles better choice then shaw or kishen in Aus 

An image for u above btw 

With KL-Gill, you also get a solid more or less a “test level” opening pair which is useful against full strength bowling attacks in Aus. 

Then you can have a high strike batsmen at #3. Additionally, Gill too now plays at a high SR. 

13 hours ago, zen said:

A team needs different types of players … If a team plays 6 Kohlis in top 6, it does not become better 

Guys like Samson are relatively comfortable against a variety of attacks and conditions. They do not need to score in every game. A batsmen scoring a quick 30 off 12-15 balls is ok. 

In 2021 WC, Aus used Smith as a floater and had 3 ARs (Marsh, Stoinis, & Maxwell), along with WK Wade, in its top 7. If a player gives you a couple of useful knocks esp. in key matches in a tourney that is good enough :dontknow: 

Samson is a proper flat track bully. Can't play on turning wicket, can't play moving ball and can't play variable bounce.

10 hours ago, zen said:

With KL-Gill, you also get a solid more or less a “test level” opening pair which is useful against full strength bowling attacks in Aus. 

Then you can have a high strike batsmen at #3. Additionally, Gill too now plays at a high SR. 

he also can bat anywhere in 1-4 and is one of the best players of short ball 

35 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he also can bat anywhere in 1-4 and is one of the best players of short ball 

Yeah, in fact, most in the top 7 below can bat in 1-4:

"Gill

KL

Tripathi - for advanced 360 degrees pitch hitting to take on the bowlers whether a wkt falls early or late. If he clicks great; if he gets out, the MO (#4-7) can play per the situation 

SDP

SKY

DK

Sundar"

Edited by zen

2 minutes ago, zen said:

Tripathi - for advanced 360 degrees pitch hitting to take on the bowlers whether a wkt falls early or late. If he clicks great; if he gets out, the MO (#4-7) can play per the situation 

no for me , has geniune pace issues . If Wc was in subciontinet then yes

In Aus ill even take shreyas iyer over him

Edited by Ankit_sharma03