What would be your India's WT20 XI and 16 man squad as of today?

Majestic

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Match Chahal ne jitaya tha...  Dudeja could have really screwed us with the ball.  Dudeja was mercilessly beaten in ODI series as well. 

Dudeja did well in one of the ODI games with bat too. From 110-4 to 296.

Haan wo Pandya Wale match me toh anyways 150 run chahiye the 13-14 over me jab wo aaya tha toh kaun sa wo match jitne Wale the..

The first thing is to accept that there ain't any great options available. Jadeja, Sundar etc no one is anything special but that is the best we have got. Krunal has massive weakness vs short pitch stuffs, he can't survive at all in Australia.  

Both Pandya and Jadeja needs time to get themselves in and then they start smacking. Both can't hit from bowl one, Pandya himself struggles when you don't give him in slot because he relies on his power mostly to launch big hits. Only SKY and DK are the ones who can hit from ball one. And they don't bowl so not sure who will play where..

32 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

for that survival matters- he currently has 2 big obstacles for Australian conditions and that only makes inconsitency worse. Someone like Roy for those conditions doesnt have any obstacle so i know those innings will be far more in % as compare to shaw 

S/r To tab jab u score some runs

hes not as bad as you are suggesting. Sure has problem with inswing but also has done well in such conditions on occasions (like fifty in NZ test). It won't swing for much anyway.

Short ball again in powerplay it can easily avoid fielders. If guys like Raina can do well there, he should too.

all in all I'd rather take punt with him than tuk tuk guys who anyway lose it early in big games.

Best option would be to open with someone like Pant but that's not happening. Kishan is a hacky substitute.

28 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Dudeja did well in one of the ODI games with bat too. From 110-4 to 296.

Haan wo Pandya Wale match me toh anyways 150 run chahiye the 13-14 over me jab wo aaya tha toh kaun sa wo match jitne Wale the..

The first thing is to accept that there ain't any great options available. Jadeja, Sundar etc no one is anything special but that is the best we have got. Krunal has massive weakness vs short pitch stuffs, he can't survive at all in Australia.  

Both Pandya and Jadeja needs time to get themselves in and then they start smacking. Both can't hit from bowl one, Pandya himself struggles when you don't give him in slot because he relies on his power mostly to launch big hits. Only SKY and DK are the ones who can hit from ball one. And they don't bowl so not sure who will play where..

I'd rather not pick Pandya if Jaddu also plays.  Batting depth goes away completely with those two playing.  Rather have a pure batsman there in one slot.   Honestly DK looks so much superior to Pandu right now.   I know we will be seeing a lot of Dudeja but there are still lot of games to go before WT20...  And let's see how he ends up.  His bowling worries me a whole lot than his batting.  He is very very expensive in a T20 game & even Dhoni never trusted him enough with the ball for CSK. 

1 hour ago, Lord said:

Chahal got the score to bowl from his effort.

Chahal was also trash in ODI series IIRC

I'll say Aussie batting was a whole lot better than the bowling.  Jaddu played a great inns no doubt but he never backs it up consistently & his bowling is most certainly not 4 over material.  On a good day he will go for 9 RPO.  He doesn't varies his pace like Axar nor accurate.  Just keeps darting & getting lined up.  There's a reason Dhoni barely trusted him for 4 overs in CSK. 

2 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I'll say Aussie batting was a whole lot better than the bowling.  Jaddu played a great inns no doubt but he never backs it up consistently & his bowling is most certainly not 4 over material.  On a good day he will go for 9 RPO.  He doesn't varies his pace like Axar nor accurate.  Just keeps darting & getting lined up.  There's a reason Dhoni barely trusted him for 4 overs in CSK. 

I am not denying any of that nor do I want him in WT20. Was talking specifically of that match.

1 hour ago, Lord said:

If guys like Raina can do well there, he should too.

check those innings where he did well , ull get ur answer 

1 hour ago, Lord said:

hes not as bad as you are suggesting. Sure has problem with inswing but also has done well in such conditions on occasions (like fifty in NZ test). It won't swing for much anyway.

he is not a bad player, but cricket is a game of conditions

A player can be be freak in certain conditions but 0 in another . 

1 hour ago, Lord said:

all in all I'd rather take punt with him than tuk tuk guys who anyway lose it early in big games.

their no question of punt- pick players who can play pace, bounce, short ball, hard length . First pick player who can stand the  ground

Shaw - cant play ball coming (good bowlers like hazelwood,shaheen will move it in Aus also ), cant control pull n hook (about circle, well when teams knows weakness they specially keep fielders on that side) , he also is not good against hard length in middle overs . A player with so many issues has more chances to be dismissed and he is already very inconsistent . Not to forget he has no Extra skill infact fielding is a minus.  Had this been in subcontinent i wud have taken him over gill even tripathi too but Aus is diff ball game 

Gill who on other hand is good at all , Tuk tuk to aise bol rhe ho jaise wo pujara hai. This Wc will be 180 Wc , gill is in that zone. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

11 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Gill who on other hand is good at all , Tuk tuk to aise bol rhe ho jaise wo pujara hai. This Wc will be 180 Wc , gill is in that zone. 

Gill is mostly throwing it away. I would take it if he was a boom or bust player like Shaw, but he is right in the Rohit Sharma zone in terms of innings building. Offers nothing which Ro-Ko don't offer.

Why not Samson, plays faster, is suited for Australian conditions, equally (in)consistent?

Edited by Chakdephatte

2 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

Gill is mostly throwing it away. I would take it if he was a boom or bust player like Shaw, but he is right in the Rohit Sharma zone in terms of innings building. Offers nothing which Ro-Ko don't offer.

Why not Samson, plays faster, is suited for Australian conditions, equally (in)consistent?

Samson is also in list but samson also has issues  of hard length like Shaw and many . Hard length from 11-20 over will play a huge role in this wc and shubhman is one of the best against it and unfortunately we dnt have many who can play hard length well at high pace . 

Gill is a far superior quality batsman then samson also 

2 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

Samson is also in list but samson also has issues  of hard length like Shaw and many . Hard length from 11-20 over will play a huge role in this wc and shubhman is one of the best against it and unfortunately we dnt have many who can play hard length well at high pace . 

Gill is a far superior quality batsman then samson also 

Just you know this is world T20 not Australia bilateral series. Australian conditions will be alien to everyone except Australians. Wristies are bankable there. I would even have 2. If Pandya plays Jaddu cannot play and vice versa.  Also Pandya must learn to bowl in death. Other than Nattu and Harshal i can't think of any other death bowlers. Nattu proven performer in Australia. Harshal yet to prove though. 

All rounder

Jaddu

pandya

Venky iyer

Bowlers

Bumrah /Thakur - all phase bowler

Kuldeep/Chahal/Bishnoi  - middle phase bowlers

Nattu/harshal  - death overs

Chahar/Bhuvi/Shami/  - new ball bowler

Extremely hard to balance a one-dimensional unit apart from a couple of not so convincing all rounders.  I would say horse for course policy. Depending on the team you face you pick the side.

On 4/22/2022 at 2:59 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

check those innings where he did well , ull get ur answer 

he is not a bad player, but cricket is a game of conditions

A player can be be freak in certain conditions but 0 in another . 

their no question of punt- pick players who can play pace, bounce, short ball, hard length . First pick player who can stand the  ground

Shaw - cant play ball coming (good bowlers like hazelwood,shaheen will move it in Aus also ), cant control pull n hook (about circle, well when teams knows weakness they specially keep fielders on that side) , he also is not good against hard length in middle overs . A player with so many issues has more chances to be dismissed and he is already very inconsistent . Not to forget he has no Extra skill infact fielding is a minus.  Had this been in subcontinent i wud have taken him over gill even tripathi too but Aus is diff ball game 

Gill also struggles v inswing,infact so do Rohit and Rahul.

so only difference is short ball, he can find a way and in powerplay it can fall in safe areas.

Gill wastes powerplay though he makes up later.Shaw and Mayank only ones who do well there but are inconsistent.

Ideally would have both but that's not happening.

4 minutes ago, Lord said:

Gill also struggles v inswing,infact so do Rohit and Rahul.

not as much as shaw, shaw's problem of inswing is as much as finch 

5 minutes ago, Lord said:

Shaw and Mayank only ones who do well there but are inconsistent.

Dont mind that but im quite certain with the problem shaw has his chances of working in Aus is low

4 minutes ago, Lord said:

so only difference is short ball, he can find a way and in powerplay it can fall in safe areas.

its not diff its 1+1 problem then he doesnt even make those start counts and is also inconsistent with fiery sides 

Then comes hard length in middle overs.....so his problems doesnt end . Even against spin he isnt that great 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

not as much as shaw, shaw's problem of inswing is as much as finch 

Dont mind that but im quite certain with the problem shaw has his chances of working in Aus is low

its not diff its 1+1 problem then he doesnt even make those start counts and is also inconsistent with fiery sides 

Then comes hard length in middle overs.....so his problems doesnt end . Even against spin he isnt that great 

Starts counting shouldn't go against Shaw. He gives you what no one else gives, 70 runs in first 6 overs where he can contribute with 50 of them.

Edited by Majestic

This team will never see the light of day, but here goes nonetheless

Rituraj/Gill

Shaw

Pant (c) (wk)

Ha Pandya

Sanju Samson

SKY/Ishaan

KL 

Harshal/V Iyer

Bumrah

Umran/Prasidh

Chahal/Axar

Edited by Mariyam

19 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Starts counting shouldn't go against Shaw. He gives you what no one else gives, 70 runs in first 6 overs where he can contribute with 50 of them.

im not even looking at stats , im looking at number of his problems that wont allow him to give what he gives. Too many problems that just adds to risky factor that his game is already. Had the Wc been in India these problems wud have been half n then u can think about the plus. 

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

im not even looking at stats , im looking at number of his problems that wont allow him to give what he gives. Too many problems that just adds to risky factor that his game is already. Had the Wc been in India these problems wud have been half n then u can think about the plus. 

bhai T20 pitches are pattas everywhere. He can adjust easily.

31 minutes ago, Lord said:

bhai T20 pitches are pattas everywhere. He can adjust easily.

pitches are flat for normal bowlers, aussie wkts are good for everyone 

Quality bowlers will get something out of the wkts and their wud be plenty in wc. On IPL wkts chahar has made him his bunny and arora had him in trouble till he started bowling crap. Top bowlers wont let go off pressure n give u crap

Not to forget i hve already shared pitch map of his dismissal against shorter length, in Aus bounce n pace will be more and that length % wud be far far higher 

Agree with Ankit Sharma, Shaw needs to iron out his flaws first. 

What's the thing that usually destroys us in big games? 

A left arm pacer ripping through our top order by swinging the ball in the first few overs. 

If you Bring Shaw as an opener, you are actually aggravating that condition, Shaw is more prone to Inswing than  even Sharma and Rahul. 

Dominate to tab karoge jab tik paoge. 

I advocate for Kohli and Sharma as opener with Sky at 3, Pant 4, Rahul 5 and Pandya 6.