Jump to content
Majestic

What would be your India's WT20 XI and 16 man squad as of today?

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Every permutation n combination have a problem of its own

 

  • We dont have many lefties
  • We have so many one phase bowlers
  • Many bowlers cant bat, pretty much all specialist cant bowl 
  • fielding will be another concern
  • Our Captain Rohit sharma doesnt deserve to be in t20 as a batsman (most overrated t20 batsman ever ) but he is the best captaincy option at this point. 

Agreed on everything except saying he is best captaincy option

 

tuk tuk has proven to be one of the worst ipl captainsthis year as 8 losses in a row shows

 

true test of captaincy is when you don’t have the best resources (like India) and he has failed

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, SeasonedIPLer said:

Agreed on everything except saying he is best captaincy option

 

tuk tuk has proven to be one of the worst ipl captainsthis year as 8 losses in a row shows

 

true test of captaincy is when you don’t have the best resources (like India) and he has failed

who wins every year ? He has the most IPL tittles and by the time he end he ll have few more .................u cant win every year in franchise cricket 

Even dhoni has had disastor IPLs as captain 

He won us Nidhas n Asia cup Where some main players took break 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

who wins every year ? He has the most IPL tittles and by the time he end he ll have few more .................u cant win every year in franchise cricket 

Even dhoni has had disastor IPLs as captain 

He won us Nidhas n Asia cup Where some main players took break 

But MSD had some fairly weak teams and made most of it

 

rohit has always had best team on paper and umpiring decisions in his favor

 

Real challenge is when you don’t have the best team onpaper like this year and Rohit failed 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is becoming clearer and clearer that WCT20 selectors must somehow look beyond IPL performances alone in picking the Indian team.  There are so many variables - ground size, pitch nature, opponent quality and effort (often I feel some guys are just going through the motions), fatigue factor (14 league matches in 60 days?) - all will be very different in Aus. 

 

Tough as it is, the selectors must resist the temptation to extrapolate directly from IPL performances while picking the team.  Recency bias is going to be very difficult to overcome; how do you un-see what you've just seen?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

It is becoming clearer and clearer that WCT20 selectors must somehow look beyond IPL performances alone in picking the Indian team.  There are so many variables - ground size, pitch nature, opponent quality and effort (often I feel some guys are just going through the motions), fatigue factor (14 league matches in 60 days?) - all will be very different in Aus. 

 

Tough as it is, the selectors must resist the temptation to extrapolate directly from IPL performances while picking the team.  Recency bias is going to be very difficult to overcome; how do you un-see what you've just seen?

 

 

Of course in IPL roles are different for different players. Venky Iyer for instance was doing well right before IPL as a middle order. He was pushed up again. Eventually got dropped by KKR mgmt. Having said that, backing old players who are on the wane in the name of experience is a  recipe for disaster. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

 

Of course in IPL roles are different for different players. Venky Iyer for instance was doing well right before IPL as a middle order. He was pushed up again. Eventually got dropped by KKR mgmt. Having said that, backing old players who are on the wane in the name of experience is a  recipe for disaster. 

Venky Iyer and Ishan Kishan are two perfect examples of the difficulty the selectors face - put in good, but not outstanding, performances for India, but have underwhelmed so far in the IPL.  Do you pick them for WCT20 or not?  How different would our opinion be if there was no IPL at this time? 

 

Another conundrum is that of the left-arm pace bowling slot - do you go back to Natarajan who has done nothing wrong when in the India team or do you pick a Mohsin/Dayal/Mukesh C on the basis of a single IPL?  If you say one IPL is not enough, then how do we justify V. Iyer's selection?  

 

And then there is Umran Malik.  1 IPL.  Exciting pace.  A 5/15 followed by 3 underwhelming matches.  Sunrisers have let him stumble while "expressing" himself, but is WCT20 the place to tell someone to ... ya know ... "play their natural game"?

 

Overall it's going to be extremely tough.  A couple of weeks ago, I posted the team that I thought would work, but some of the players on it (e.g., Shaw, Hardik, Natarajan even) have regressed after that.  And neither Rohit nor Pant nor Bumrah are looking great.  And D Chahar is still in the asptaal. 

 

Other than SKY and Rahul, no one is checking all the boxes.

 

2 weeks back:

Rohit

Shaw

SKY

Rahul

Pant

H Pandya

A Patel

D Chahar

Bumrah

Chahal

Natarajan

 

Today:

??

??

SKY

Rahul

??

??

??

 

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Venky Iyer and Ishan Kishan are two perfect examples of the difficulty the selectors face - put in good, but not outstanding, performances for India, but have underwhelmed so far in the IPL.  Do you pick them for WCT20 or not?  How different would our opinion be if there was no IPL at this time? 

 

Another conundrum is that of the left-arm pace bowling slot - do you go back to Natarajan who has done nothing wrong when in the India team or do you pick a Mohsin/Dayal/Mukesh C on the basis of a single IPL?  If you say one IPL is not enough, then how do we justify V. Iyer's selection?  

 

And then there is Umran Malik.  1 IPL.  Exciting pace.  A 5/15 followed by 3 underwhelming matches.  Sunrisers have let him stumble while "expressing" himself, but is WCT20 the place to tell someone to ... ya know ... "play their natural game"?

 

Overall it's going to be extremely tough.  A couple of weeks ago, I posted the team that I thought would work, but some of the players on it (e.g., Shaw, Hardik, Natarajan even) have regressed after that.  And neither Rohit nor Pant nor Bumrah are looking great.  And D Chahar is still in the asptaal. 

 

Other than SKY and Rahul, no one is checking all the boxes.

 

2 weeks back:

Rohit

Shaw

SKY

Rahul

Pant

H Pandya

A Patel

D Chahar

Bumrah

Chahal

Natarajan

 

Today:

??

??

SKY

Rahul

??

??

??

 

 

They will most definitely not go by IPL performances. May be they will select a couple of guys. But they will not drop anyone based on IPL. There are a couple of series coming up ahead of world T20. That will likely decide the final squad. Players with central contract will always get preference. Because they are getting paid to represent India. Kohli/Bumrah/Rohit players with A+ contract. BCCI is shelling out 7 crores every year to these guys. They won't drop Kohli no matter how much he sucks.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

It is becoming clearer and clearer that WCT20 selectors must somehow look beyond IPL performances alone in picking the Indian team.

ofcourse, IPL performance shudnt be looked beyond a point. Conditions hi alag, team  men role alag .

the 1st question shud always be do the players suit conditions or not 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

in Batting DK is a big hitter on flat patta's. check his career , he is a failure outside india and he scores well against minnows. evry time karthik has come back , he has failed and more ever why should we give opportunity to him , he is not the future. i would play GILL/Prithvi/ Deepak HOODA/shreyas Iyer/ishan kishan depending on form ahead of DK.

from the first word to last its bizzare 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Shreyas Iyer vs wrist spin in IPL 2022
7 inngs
36 runs
SR 100.00
6 dismissals

 

  • Short ball problem
  • Wrist spin problem
  • s/r problem 

 

Fir bhi ye squad men hoga 

 

swing problem bhi hai. Agar kahi raat me swing ho gayi toh gaya

 

thats why I don't want him in Tests

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rohit (c) : not biased but common sense. He is the captain so no matter what your personal choice he will play

Dhawan

Pant

Rahul : swap with pant for right -left combo 

Hardik Pandya

Sundar

Deepak Chahar

Harshal Patel 

Bumrah 

Yuzi Chahal

Umran Malik

Sky

S.Iyer

M.Shami

DK

R.Bishnoi

 

Covid reserves (4 more players) : Nattu, Shardul, Samson, Axar

 

Thats my 20.

 

Unfortunately no place for Kohli because can’t carry both Rohit and Kohli and captaincy means Rohit will be in the squad like it or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, maniac said:

Rohit (c) : not biased but common sense. He is the captain so no matter what your personal choice he will play

Dhawan

Pant

Rahul : swap with pant for right -left combo 

Hardik Pandya

Sundar

Deepak Chahar

Harshal Patel 

Bumrah 

Yuzi Chahal

Umran Malik

Sky

S.Iyer

M.Shami

DK

R.Bishnoi

 

Covid reserves (4 more players) : Nattu, Shardul, Samson, Axar

 

Thats my 20.

 

Unfortunately no place for Kohli because can’t carry both Rohit and Kohli and captaincy means Rohit will be in the squad like it or not.

 

by that logic, Kohli, Bhuvi and even Jaddu will be there

 

Its gonna be same team except inclusion of Chahal and S Iyer

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...