Bumrah is becoming a blunt spearhead and needs a break

maniac

53 minutes ago, Majestic said:

He seems disinterested. I don't mind it, he should not give full effort in these games, just bowl your spells, play matches and complete the season. No reason to push yourself too much. He already has won IPL trophies so nothing to bother about here. Focus on internationals, he is part of all formats and that is more important for him.

He does that well, but before the IPL. 

26 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he doesnt have any support , he cant do jack **** 

Uske Ek Aus ka Unadkut hai ek india ka unadkat hai n then their are news MI is looking at Dhawal as well. No one bowler can do anything , teams will see him off and ofcourse he ll have bad days to so end figures will not look good 

The topic is on an individual's performance not team's ... Today, Sams picked up 4 wkts playing for the same team. Mukesh Chaudhary plays for another team with a relatively weak bowling but picked up 3 wkts as well

In batting for e.g. SKY has done well for MI despite general failures around him 

In short, even weak teams have good and bad performers 

Edited by zen

2 hours ago, Majestic said:

Why would he take break? He is getting money, he will bowl like that. If Ambani has problem, then go ahead and drop him. Bumrah hasn't stopped anyone from dropping him.

He will play like this for two months, get the check and save energy for international matches. If anyone has problems, drop him if you can.

It does not have any effect to his legacy. He is still an IPL trophy winner and one of the first names to be picked in any Indian T20 team. He is doing right thing in my opinion, same as what Rohit and Kohli do.

Yep.  Very rarely, if at all, will an athlete "drop" themselves.  TM and selectors should have the guts to drop them. 

3 hours ago, zen said:

$$$, prestige, competitiveness, etc. all combine to make IPL a bigger T20 event apart from the ICC world events 

Not many across the globe watch Ind v WI/SL/etc for e.g., while IPL is seen everywhere including Pak whose players do not participate 

Prestige/relevance/competitiveness do not automatically associate themselves to terms such as "international" 

I am not sure players would sacrifice even WC for IPL money. Contract will be void. I mean would anyone sensible do it ?

Get paid 2 million for a 2 month contract or go represent your country for a quarter of the salary you get paid? 

Aussie, English players get paid a lot based on their test contracts so they may choose to not play IPl cause they can afford to do so. For example starc is on a 1.5 million aud contract per year. Not including bonuses for big series wins vs India or England etc. 

But the non test players will certainly opt for IPL even over international WC events. 

19 hours ago, Adamant said:

Ipl carries no significance, proven performers like Bumrah should treat it as a paid vacation just like Cummins, Dale Steyn etc. 

Then he can go * himself and quit IPL. IPl pays big money. Look what happened to scummins. 3 mil to now 1.5 Mil this season. He plays trash again, it will be 500 k. 

It is not a paid holiday. IPl pays more money than any other format. You bet your sweet cheeks that owners expect their players to be at their best. 

All those who consider IPL > INTNL here are not surprisingly the usual buffoons. No cricketing IQ, started watching cricket yesterday, born in t20 generation. You can carry on watching circus, dnt tell others what is more imp.

IPL imp my arse. 

WITHOUT INTNL CRICKET THERE IS NO IPL. This is baisc logic that even a guy with an iota of brain would understand People watch IPL because it has "star" players who were MADE in INTL cricket. It is their INTNL performances that got them the recognition and money. If there is no INTNL cricket , it would be 11 domestic players from around the world playing against each other.:phehe: YA ppl r gonna watch that. 

Other than some pujara lover, no one gives a shyte abt IPL no more than 1% of watching population has any following. They go to stadium to click selfies to post on instagram. There is no loyalty among fans or players. Nbdy gives a **** who wins.

there is a reason why INTNL is INTNL. 

Edited by ComfortFood

1 hour ago, ComfortFood said:

All those who consider IPL > INTNL here are not surprisingly the usual buffoons. No cricketing IQ, started watching cricket yesterday, born in t20 generation. You can carry on watching circus, dnt tell others what is more imp.

IPL imp my arse. 

WITHOUT INTNL CRICKET THERE IS NO IPL. This is baisc logic that even a guy with an iota of brain would understand People watch IPL because it has "star" players who were MADE in INTL cricket. It is their INTNL performances that got them the recognition and money. If there is no INTNL cricket , it would be 11 domestic players from around the world playing against each other.:phehe: YA ppl r gonna watch that. 

Other than some pujara lover, no one gives a shyte abt IPL no more than 1% of watching population has any following. They go to stadium to click selfies to post on instagram. There is no loyalty among fans or players. Nbdy gives a **** who wins.

there is a reason why INTNL is INTNL. 

In football it's the exact opposite. Club football is considered more important and popular than international football, and better quality as well. 

54 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

In football it's the exact opposite. Club football is considered more important and popular than international football, and better quality as well. 

In 2022, there should not be discussions such as IPL versus international ... The discussion should be more about the hierarchy of key LOI tournaments, which IPL is a part of.  Outside of the world cups, where teams look to play full strength squads, IPL is the most important. Top LOI cricketers are expected to focus on these two tournaments, for e.g.:

“IPL is the best tournament after World Cup”, says Jos Butler

IPL is the best tournament in the world, I think we owe India a lot: David Warner

CricViz: Why the IPL is higher quality than T20Is

T20-leagyes-e1588680500687.jpg

Edited by zen

Looks like my friend abive forgot to mention Dale Steyn's views - 

Dale Steyn - Ipl is a paid vacation. 

Ipl is nowhere near international quality, this is evident by the fact that our IPL superstars get regularly embarrassed at the grand stage. 

Including some so called allrounders who haven't yet scored a  single half century in t20is. 

18 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Looks like my friend abive forgot to mention Dale Steyn's views - 

Dale Steyn - Ipl is a paid vacation. 

Ipl is nowhere near international quality, this is evident by the fact that our IPL superstars get regularly embarrassed at the grand stage. 

Including some so called allrounders who haven't yet scored a  single half century in t20is. 

Have you considered the fact that Indian players don't play abroad? Ofcourse not. We don't play franchise cricket outside India. 

Dale steyn bitch said that once he got carted around in IPl from 2014 onwards. Before that he was always grovelling for an IPl contract. 

Although yes quality is better in world cup and ofcourse tests. Tests is the number 1 format. Then odi world cup. 

No one gives a **** about t20 world cup. No one. Australia barely celebrated their recent WC win. 

But yes India's under performance in t20 WC events was due to lack of exposure in franchise cricket outside India. Also nepotism with selections and brain dead ex captain.

I don't know why Indians take pride in the fact that IPL is the richest league, dude they ain't filling your pockets. 

I watch cricket for enjoying the game, not to see how much some guy is earning. 

I mean the likes of Ishan Koshan are getting 14 crores, the guy has so many technical issues that he is a tragedy waiting to happen at the big stage. 

Pandya's stats are way worse than Yusuf Pathan, I never saw Pathan being hyped so much. We basically are producing a lot of average cricketers amd that has given us some false sense of superiority, if you have 140 cr population then definitely you are gonna produce a lot of cricketers, the problem is quality not quantity. 

I mean Pandya does not have a 50 in t20is (behas mat karna, bahut mauke milein hain). 

Zero hundreds in odis and somehow he is the second coming of Lance Klusener. 

Ab devilliers is a serial failure in t20i cricket and world cup, so definitely he is gonna rate IPL. 

The problem is that IPL is a tournament where 10 Indian teams fight to win a cup, now whoever wins the trophy is gonna stay in India lol. Where's the loyalty aspect?  Where's the pride?