Tilak Verma has a certain “IT” factor.

maniac

I liked him in the initial few matches where he played his natural game. Instinctively aggressive with good, explosive power. His forearms reminded me of Jayasuriya. But I sensed a stifling approach in his later games, as if he was playing under some TM instructions not suited to his natural game.

He has potential, but needs the formative care of a good gardener.

4 hours ago, maniac said:

Does he have Instagram reels of beating up some hapless domestic trundler? That’s usually an underrated benchmark 

Hit a century against Pakistans phast superstar naseem Shah back in the 2019 u19 Asia cup, Arjun Azad to hit a century and India u19 won with ease. Tilak has improved a lot since his u19 days 2 years back, garg has regressed. 

1 minute ago, Mesky99 said:

Hit a century against Pakistans phast superstar naseem Shah back in the 2019 u19 Asia cup, Arjun Azad to hit a century and India u19 won with ease. Tilak has improved a lot since his u19 days 2 years back, garg has regressed. 

I am on board with this message. Cc’ing the message to @Ankit_sharma03

1 hour ago, Mesky99 said:

is this priyam garg? if so, he is more of a long-format player (based on Ranji FC record), but it does feel like he has not evolved much

8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

brevis isnt as bad tilak, tilak is really really bad against it almost krunal pandya level bad . 

The quality that brevis has he ll improve this in 3-4 seasons , infact his game is good well rounded that even if he finds a way defend or duck on it he wont have many issues. Max he ll struggle for 1-2 season but with this 

Most batsmen at his age will struggle against 140k fast short bowling. It's nothing unusual. Kohli was pathetic against short ball even after 3 years of international cricket. Where he will be in 6 years time is impossible to predict right now!

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Most batsmen at his age will struggle against 140k fast short bowling. It's nothing unusual. Kohli was pathetic against short ball even after 3 years of international cricket. Where he will be in 6 years time is impossible to predict right now!

Left handers usually face trouble against short stuff with that angle..  Unless u are a freak like Warner. 

Morgan Moeen Ali JP Duminy Raina.  Even Travis Head earlier in his career.   If Tilak has hunger to improve he will get even better.  Left handed batters have better range & little  advantage over RHB generally. 

12 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he does have a lot of quality but i feel he ll be mighty inconsistent , may have 1-2 great season but overall wud many below avg ones

He is still young and seeing the improvement he has made since the u19 days i wont be surprised if he doesnt fix this

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

kohli or brevis while facing that never use to take their eyes and as i said enough quality to cover it which happ with kohli

Tilak takes his eyes off and is no position top play it, obv he ll get better like even hooda and krunal has gotten but just a bit. My points guys like pooran, duminy, raina, rana , iyer arent like brevis or kohli whose attack n defense are strong , but in all their cases one aspect is not that strong which makes a bowlers have way more chances against them.  Brevis n Kohli hve well rounded games as compare to all , infact kohli problem was only exploited in one WI series coz its diff to exploit it if other areas are quite good. 

I know he ll do well in IPL but somewhat at rana level (who has done ok) at international certainely not convinced 

1 hour ago, Vickydev said:

He is still young and seeing the improvement he has made since the u19 days i wont be surprised if he doesnt fix this

so i didnt say he is bad

All im saying he has issue and he ll be inconsistent such is his game. Trust me when he fails u guys only will abuse him not understanding that it his part of the game. I said same about venky n srk that dont hype them at the end they are limited in their own way. But Higher expecation means higher disappointment , ill rather have expectation from someone like brevis , gill, pant who posses so much quality that im sure they will come out of their struggles.  Unless u think Tilak is that special talent then its different case, Im not on that train that he is that special which is why i have my doubts. But im saying he has qualitiies and will have a very decent IPL career by the end 

12 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yalaka venugopal rao/ Thirumalshetti suman/Rayudu  compare this guy with them. Where do you put him? @maniac

As good if not better than a 19 year old Rayudu in England. Looked like the second coming of Sachin. Now take Rayudu minus the anger, better athleticism, multi dimensional skill set and hopefully no politics thanks to Mi. That means we have a beast on her hands.

34 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

Tilak like most ambidextrous lefty batters (Bat LH, bowl/throw RH like Moeen, Raina, Dada etc) struggles against the short ball. Its a strange thing and not really easy to overcome naturally

They are not ambidextrous. They are right handers who bat left handed.  Ambidextrous are those who can bowl or throw with both hands.