Elon Musk restores possibility of free speech

ravishingravi

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

not really. There are some examples in US where anti-trust has worked, but it was in the context of what you had highlighted in your response. 

Actually India has anti trust law. MRTP ( Monopoly Restrictive Trade Practices Act ) now known as Competition Act. But I dont see how one can infer that large business houses means there is monopoly. Monopolistic maybe. Like any other economy with greasing of the palms like US. But I see this as classical correlation and causation issues. Are Tatas growing because are huge or are they huge because they are growing ? But if they are monopoly, how come their businesses fail. 

Edited by ravishingravi

11 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

... while his real intent is to become the establishment / leader-of-new-cabal-to-replace-current-cabal. 

Yea, all oligarchs , but just because USA is posing to be a democratic country, they don't get the tag of powerful businessmen, all oligarchs are Russians and East Europeans. 

10 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

No love, but he is riding a wave when people like him for sticking it to the establishment/ cabal

But he is talking up every conservative cause, hating homosexuality, loving right wing groups etc. So, Elon Musk is enabling hate speech, not the free kind.

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Yea, all oligarchs , but just because USA is posing to be a democratic country, they don't get the tag of powerful businessmen, all oligarchs are Russians and East Europeans. 

USA is not posing. By every metrics US is a very democratic country. Not perfect but better than the rest.

2 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Fired 80% of staff and it is functioning as usual. What does that tell you about size of our teams ? 

Fired all middle management, which is useless in SDLC.

Mid-way , I focused on tech and gave up my managerial ambitions. I still talk to friends in India , who drop in mid-conversation that they have 70 people “under“ them. Indian tech still have that class mentality. They take pride in the fact they have “employees” working for them in India!  

Edited by coffee_rules

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Mid-way , I focused on tech and gave up my managerial ambitions. I still talk to friends in India , who drop in mid-conversation that they have 70 people “under“ them. Indian tech still have that class mentality. They take pride in the fact they have “employees” working for them in India!  

Indeed. That's so true. 

14 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Everyone wants to be a freaking IAS officer in India. No one wants to do real engineering as there is not status involved in it.

3 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

This guy who is actually pretty good in his field was blacklisted for questioning scientific wisdom of lock downs. 

The lockdown was to delay the spread of virus and give time for hospitals to be ready and to build a vaccine. China had this virus and used lockdowns every country used it don’t know the issue here. Too much of right wing propaganda at play. Twitter is a right propaganda cesspool now.

Edited by gattaca

4 hours ago, gattaca said:

The lockdown was to delay the spread of virus and give time for hospitals to be ready and to build a vaccine. China had this virus and used lockdowns every country used it don’t know the issue here. Too much of right wing propaganda at play. Twitter is a right propaganda cesspool now.

So Joy Bhattacharya is right wing now ? And do you know what was his position on lockdown ?

9 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

This guy who is actually pretty good in his field was blacklisted for questioning scientific wisdom of lock downs. 

Much as I disagreed with Bhattacharya's and the GBD, there was no reason for the govt to censor him.  He is a brilliant guy with flawed ideas - like separating children from old people ?  Exaggerated risks of childhood vaccines?   But if it is true that he was being censored by the govt, that is wrong.  

But if Twitter was censoring him because Twitter did not believe in his ideas, they were free to do so.  Just like Elon and the Musketeers are free to censor brilliant scientists with whom they disagree. They can go play elsewhere.    

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/jlockdowns/