Elon Musk restores possibility of free speech

ravishingravi

1 hour ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Much as I disagreed with Bhattacharya's and the GBD, there was no reason for the govt to censor him.  He is a brilliant guy with flawed ideas - like separating children from old people ?  Exaggerated risks of childhood vaccines?   But if it is true that he was being censored by the govt, that is wrong.  

But if Twitter was censoring him because Twitter did not believe in his ideas, they were free to do so.  Just like Elon and the Musketeers are free to censor brilliant scientists with whom they disagree. They can go play elsewhere.    

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/jlockdowns/

Corporate viel works only if the underlying terms of usage is violated. For every action by private entity, one can't take refuge that corporate has an individual identity. It's not clear what terms did he violate. This isn't about whether you agree or disagree with his ideas. 

4 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Corporate viel works only if the underlying terms of usage is violated. For every action by private entity, one can't take refuge that corporate has an individual identity. It's not clear what terms did he violate. This isn't about whether you agree or disagree with his ideas. 

That's between him and Twitter.  He is free to litigate.  Just like I will be if ICF ever bans me for something :-).

I get that this thread is not about Covid, but since we are talking about JB and GBD now, I still think he is brilliant, but his views on Covid were extremely flawed.  Hope you had a chance to read the link I posted.  Good take-down of his ideas and of the GBD in general. 

Any rich man with famously ill-gotten and/or inherited wealth has an interest in maintaining a political and social climate that doesn't in any way threaten the existence of that wealth either through policy or taxation while there is growing discontent among the electorate. Why would anyone believe he is driven by any other agendum?

On 12/18/2022 at 7:27 AM, Prakat said:

Any rich man with famously ill-gotten and/or inherited wealth has an interest in maintaining a political and social climate that doesn't in any way threaten the existence of that wealth either through policy or taxation while there is growing discontent among the electorate. Why would anyone believe he is driven by any other agendum?

I "hearted" this post, simply for the use of the word "agendum." Datum, agendum - singular.  Data, agenda - plural. 

On 12/18/2022 at 5:57 PM, Prakat said:

So that's about 99.99999% of the world then? At least I haven't seen a billionaire rise to the top without making any sort of a special deal with some of the devils already in power, though the possibility exists hence 0.00001% left out for that.