Elon Musk restores possibility of free speech

ravishingravi

3 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Forgive me O brethren, but what's wrong if he gives his opinion/.

Nothing at all.  And he is free to censor anyone on Twitter.  Twitter is a private entity and, unlike governments, has no obligation to uphold free-speech values.  If people don't like it, they can buy it from him or go to another platform. 

On 11/8/2022 at 4:14 PM, BacktoCricaddict said:

Nothing at all.  And he is free to censor anyone on Twitter.  Twitter is a private entity and, unlike governments, has no obligation to uphold free-speech values.  If people don't like it, they can buy it from him or go to another platform. 

some so-called liberals are already doing that

On 4/27/2022 at 3:46 AM, ravishingravi said:

Yes, well I think we all have to be skeptical or hopeful based on the vision. For me, his vision aligns with possibility of free speech :-

1) He sees Twitter as a modern town hall. 

2) He is talking about killing the bots 

3) He is going to make the algorithm public i.e little possibility of manipulation which currently happens

4) The only restriction on free speech would be sovereign laws. There would be no moderation beyond this.

Yes, I am happy to pay for this. It will potentially break what is left of mainstream media. 

If you think Twitter is free speech than you have no idea what free speech.

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Whole SM is rigged towards liberals, but Twitter seems to be amending. A simple video with both Hillary and Trump calling out elections as rigged was deleted by Google on YouTube. Slow :congrats:

If you believe this crap, I have a bridge to sell.

On 11/19/2022 at 12:15 AM, mishra said:

^ Firing people just before the festive season, and the manner in which it’s happening, i hop Elon Musk  also sees bankruptcy.

That was a poor move by Musk. I don't wish bankruptcy upon anyone.

37 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Two points :-

1) Can you quote me where I said twitter is free speech ?

2) Can you give me an example of what free speech is ?

(1) Look at your topic heading. Now you did weasel out by using the word possibility, but the intent was there.

(2) What you and I do most of the times on ICF is under free speech.

12 minutes ago, Khota said:

(1) Look at your topic heading. Now you did weasel out by using the word possibility, but the intent was there.

(2) What you and I do most of the times on ICF is under free speech.

1)  So how did you guage intent ? You seemed to be good at this with highly gifted intuitive sense.

2) How come ? This forum too has rules like any other forum with moderators.

Edited by ravishingravi