Lord Tewatia- Man for the IPL Heists

Ankit_sharma03

15 minutes ago, Vijy said:

yes, but he cannot be 5th bowler whereas someone like axar can. if chosen, he is a 6th bowler not 5th

India issue is that it keeps tagging genuine match winners as folks that have to bowl to be in the 11 to accommodate tuk tuk batsmen in the name of consistency 

If a player is batting well and has the ability to change games, play him as a pure batsman 

Just now, zen said:

India issue is that it keeps tagging genuine match winners as folks that have to bowl to be in the 11 to accommodate tuk tuk batsmen in the name of consistency 

If a player is batting well and has the ability to change games, play him as a pure batsman 

I think we have enough genuine batters in top 5 + Pandya. need to boot out the old tuk-tukers who are occupying positions and stat padding their way to 40(30) type of knocks.

31 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I think we have enough genuine batters in top 5 + Pandya. need to boot out the old tuk-tukers who are occupying positions and stat padding their way to 40(30) type of knocks.

True but my point is that if anyone is playing exceptionally then he should be considered too ... There should be no hard & fast rules ... Take Pant who struggles in many times to get going in the middle order, if someone like Tewatia (KL/DK can keep) is in sublime form, go for the latter 

He is an incredibly difficulty batsman to bowl to in the final overs, esp with no reverse swing. He is not a power hitter per se, relies on his timing to clear the boundaries so is rarely out of shape. He has limited shots but uses them to the fullest with his very quick hands.

But the key is how he sets himself up so beautifully, everything apart from a really wide yorker outside off is in his arc and bowlers have the tiniest margin to miss. I think extra bounce from length might be his biggest Achilles heel against top quality bowling

He is clutch player, that you have to give it to him and a very good fielder too.

But his batting is limited, against good attacks, he may cost us games on his bad days too. But again even in international not all bowlers are high quality, so he has this clutch gene to win games out of nowhere too.

Technique wise, Jadeja and Sundar are more equipped and can bat higher if the game require them to do so but Tewatia has that finishing gene with him which even many power hitters around the world don't have.

7 hours ago, DarkProfile said:

I can only accommodate Pant in the opening role. There are better middle-order batsmen who can keep the scoreboard ticking and tangling. There are better finishers who can hit from ball 1 without taking undue risks.

Pant isn't just a batsman. He is with wicket keeper too. which better middle order batsman will keep wickets?

Depending on form, Tewatia can be given a shot in the SA series:

KL

Gill/Shaw

Sundar (can be played at #7 too w/ others moving a slot up)

SKY

SDP

Tewatia

DK

Harshal 

Umran

Yuzi/Kuldeep

Shami (or D Chahar, who can bat at #8-9, if fit) - for mainly PP bowling 

Edited by zen

1-2 times is a fluke but he has done it at least 3-4 times so gotta give him some leeway. Yes he looks like a bang average player but he is performing and has earned it. Might be worth a go in T20. His bowling is pie chucking though from what I have seen. 

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

DK is just a finisher suits only in a certain situation

Pant work in most scenarios 

Talking about T20 here. Pant doesn't fit anywhere in the team except as an opener. Bad footwork makes him a risky liability as a finisher. In middle, he offers nothing better than what we already have, as well as he can't rotate the strike.

Anyway, just my wet dreams. Pant is not going out. DK is not coming in.