Jump to content
SecondSlip

Will the emergence of Umran Malik wake up the other IPL franchises to scout and buy genuine Indian pace bowlers instead of trundlers?

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Wagner isn't a bounce bowler. He just bowls bouncers. He is difficult to deal with because of variable pace in his bouncers and accuracy. McGrath was bounce bowler, Ambrose was bounce bounce bowlers. Not Neil Wagner.

Regardless he can bowl bouncers consistently. That's what these non 135-145 bowling bowlers should aim for. You don't have pace? Then focus on bowling 125 130 with bounce (variable) consistently and be accurate with seam. Also have to bat with an average. Of 20 25. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2022 at 3:08 PM, SecondSlip said:

Will we finally see more and more Indian fast bowlers in future editions of IPL? 
 

 

 

 

 

He is 154 there are about 2 to 3 around 150 and a further 5 odd around 145. So although he is definitely faster that what we have seen, he is not exactly ground breaking. 

 

I sense by your posts here and elsewhere you are either a disenfranchised minority Indian or a pakistani pretending to be Indian, if you are it's unhealthy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

Regardless he can bowl bouncers consistently. That's what these non 135-145 bowling bowlers should aim for. You don't have pace? Then focus on bowling 125 130 with bounce (variable) consistently and be accurate with seam. Also have to bat with an average. Of 20 25. 

 

You are right wagner uses bounce well for me he is a bounce bowler no matter if he is as short as Shardul and slower than shardul. There are three directions in which the ball can vary in its speed of change in position. Speed which is forward, lateral which is seam swing and horizontal which is bounce movement. 

 

Baki sab fluff.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2022 at 3:19 PM, express bowling said:

There are a lot of " hidden gems " bowling 145 k+, and even 150 k+, waiting to be unearthed from India. 

 

If only the franchises are a bit more proactive.

hitting peak speeds of 150 is not too hard. with proper grooming, most major states I believe can produce at least one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Vilander said:

 

 

 

He is 154 there are about 2 to 3 around 150 and a further 5 odd around 145. So although he is definitely faster that what we have seen, he is not exactly ground breaking. 

 

I sense by your posts here and elsewhere you are either a disenfranchised minority Indian or a pakistani pretending to be Indian, if you are it's unhealthy. 

What did you smoke before posting this? 

:hysterical: :hysterical:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Vijy said:

hitting peak speeds of 150 is not too hard. with proper grooming, most major states I believe can produce at least one.

Bro, any luck with lokesh raj ? Can he make it big in your opinion? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Bro, any luck with lokesh raj ? Can he make it big in your opinion? 

RCB net bowler, Hemant Chaudhary from Rajasthan, a left arm fast bowler, was clocking 146 kph on handheld pocket radar in the nets. He might clock 150 under IPL speed guns.  If someone becomes unfit RCB must bring him in the squad because he isn't eligible for auction as he hasn't played any domestic cricket. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, rkt.india said:

RCB net bowler, Hemant Chaudhary from Rajasthan, a left arm fast bowler, was clocking 146 kph on handheld pocket radar in the nets. He might clock 150 under IPL speed guns.  If someone becomes unfit RCB must bring him in the squad because he isn't eligible for auction as he hasn't played any domestic cricket. 

left arm quick bowling at 150 would be tremendous. I really feel we have dozens of players who could hit 148-150 (peak speed) but do not get to play even domestics because emphasis is on line-and-length trundlers. Hoping the "Umran revolution" will herald a new phase.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

 

Hemant is consistently 142 k to 146 k range.

smooth action, good bounce, solid control and considerable pace. already feels a better bet on visual inspection than some of our certified trundlers like unadcutter, rishi dhawan, etc.

Edited by Vijy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Vijy said:

smooth action, good bounce, solid control and considerable pace. already feels a better bet on visual inspection than some of our certified trundlers like unadcutter, rishi dhawan, etc.

Undercutter was quick when he started

 Not sure what happened after. Rishi dhawan is disgusting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Undercutter was quick when he started

TBH, I don't remember seeing him bowling quick (140+). When he played against SA he was clocking 131-134kph at the age of 19, and it was assumed that he will gain pace in 3-4 years once his body matures. 
In the series against Zimbabwe, there were no speed guns and he was picking wickets. So again it was assumed he's bowling quick, but under the speed guns he was barely clocking 130-132.

Fastest I remember him was in 2015-16 he was hitting 135-136 (not sure which tournament). But after that he became Undercutter and started bowling in mid 20's.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, singhvivek141 said:

TBH, I don't remember seeing him bowling quick (140+). When he played against SA he was clocking 131-134kph at the age of 19, and it was assumed that he will gain pace in 3-4 years once his body matures. 
In the series against Zimbabwe, there were no speed guns and he was picking wickets. So again it was assumed he's bowling quick, but under the speed guns he was barely clocking 130-132.

Fastest I remember him was in 2015-16 he was hitting 135-136 (not sure which tournament). But after that he became Undercutter and started bowling in mid 20's.

 

True. I was talking about ranji days. He looked quicker at the time when he started. Then he became a slow coach trunlder lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Pollack said:

Unaddcut was never quick.

There was a time in this forum (I was a lurker back then), I remember some of the posters were happy to see Mohit Sharma clocking 137kph and were saying he's not a trundler. :cheer:By that standards, Unadkut bowling at 132-134 was acceptable.

Now from last few years (mostly after the U-19 WC 2018) our bowling stocks has risen and anyone bowling under 140 kph is unacceptable for us. :yess:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:


Now from last few years (mostly after the U-19 WC 2018) our bowling stocks has risen and anyone bowling under 140 kph is unacceptable for us. :yess:

 

 

Indian pacers started bowling quickly as a group from mid-2015. That too in test matches.

 

And Bumrah's introduction in tests in January 2018 improved both the pace and hostility, along with quality.

 

After this there has been a steady stream of quicks coming through. 

 

The lock down in 2020 and no Ranji Trophy set us back by 18 months. But we are back on track now. 

 

Nowadays, anything less than high quality bowling at 135 k to 145 k or more, seems disappointing if it's Indian quicks bowling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...