SecondSlip

Will the emergence of Umran Malik wake up the other IPL franchises to scout and buy genuine Indian pace bowlers instead of trundlers?

42 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Indian pacers started bowling quickly as a group from mid-2015. That too in test matches.

And Bumrah's introduction in tests in January 2018 improved both the pace and hostility, along with quality.

After this there has been a steady stream of quicks coming through. 

The lock down in 2020 and no Ranji Trophy set us back by 18 months. But we are back on track now. 

Nowadays, anything less than high quality bowling at 135 k to 145 k or more, seems disappointing if it's Indian quicks bowling.

I want every IPL team to have at least one Indian fast bowler hitting 150 kph and multiple 140+ bowlers. I believe in future teams will stop picking overseas fast bowlers completely and only Indian fast bowlers will be ruling. I do so much scouting online for YouTube channel m I see serious fast bowling potential. UP alone can produce 20 140+ bowlers currently along with Rajasthan then Jharkhand and Bihar. Punjab is also catching up with likes of Gurnoor Singh Brar and Hartejasvi Kapoor. There are some more. Even Delhi isn't far behind.

16 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I want every IPL team to have at least one Indian fast bowler hitting 150 kph and multiple 140+ bowlers. I believe in future teams will stop picking overseas fast bowlers completely and only Indian fast bowlers will be ruling. I do so much scouting online for YouTube channel m I see serious fast bowling potential. UP alone can produce 20 140+ bowlers currently along with Rajasthan then Jharkhand and Bihar. Punjab is also catching up with likes of Gurnoor Singh Brar and Hartejasvi Kapoor. There are some more. Even Delhi isn't far behind.

The biggest impediment to us developing more and more quick bowlers is ... either trundlers or " past it Seniors "  blocking crucial spots, both in domestic teams as well as in LOI teams.

Prasidh had to wait for 6 years to be a regular for his state team despite having a very low FC average. Khaleel has played very few FC matches either.  Tyagi might struggle to find a spot too.

And we often play 3 trundlers in T20Is.

This problem must be solved if we want the quick bowling talent to develop faster.

Otherwise, Rajasthan, UP, MP and to some extent Delhi are almost overflowing with quick bowlers.

37 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Without playing u19 or state they won't be picked.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Without playing u19 or state they won't be picked.

BCCI must remove this stupid clause. Once auction process is stopped, there won't be such rule, it will be up to franchisees to pick whoever they want to. In future, franchisees will start developing their own players from u19 and u23 level rather than just depending on BCCI domestic teams. 

Edited by rkt.india

30 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

BCCI must remove this stupid clause. Once auction process is stopped, there won't be such rule, it will be up to franchisees to pick whoever they want to. In future, franchisees will start developing their own players from u19 and u23 level rather than just depending on BCCI domestic teams. 

Bcci will start to lose control if that happens,like fa got sidelined with the rise of premier league.

8 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Which Indian pace bowler has IPL developed except Bumrah? 

17 hours ago, express bowling said:

Indian pacers started bowling quickly as a group from mid-2015. That too in test matches.

Improved fitness is also one of the core reason, most of our bowlers had poor fitness during 2012-2015 (except Umesh, Ishant). Bhuvi was bowling 114-117k's in 3rd session of England's 2014 tour.
Shami used to start at 135-140 and by the end of day he used to bowl at 128-133 during Australia tour of 2014. 

Now, with the improved fitness, Shami is able to hit 140's even at the end of the day. 

17 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

Bcci will start to lose control if that happens,like fa got sidelined with the rise of premier league.

Inevitable imagine a GT almost as worth as BCCI will they still tow the line. 

10 hours ago, Pollack said:

Which Indian pace bowler has IPL developed except Bumrah? 

Even Bumrah in actuality isn't developed by IPL. He was already playing for Gujarat before IPL happened but it's possible in future. There are several bowlers currently with IPL teams as net bowlers haven't played for state teams yet.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Inevitable imagine a GT almost as worth as BCCI will they still tow the line. 

Some teams like RR already have their own u19 squads. Cricket and IPL are ultimately controlled by BCCI but franchisees can develop their own talents.