Conway reveals Dhoni's helping hand in success against spinners

vvvslaxman

On 5/9/2022 at 2:26 AM, vvvslaxman said:

Conway reveals Dhoni's helping hand in success against spinners (espncricinfo.com)

"He said to me, 'I think the guys are going to try to bowl fuller to you tonight, so come out and hit them straight,'"

:phehe: I think it is in the CSK contract  

Clause A

You should give credit to Mahendra singh Dhoni every now and then.

If conway needed thala to give him this tip to do well.. then hmm yeah but its a good tip if it was not obvious. Why did the spinners go full what was the match condition ?

On 5/9/2022 at 1:54 PM, cricketfan28 said:

Dhoni must be doing something right, people shine under him, we have seen how he helped sarma and kohli to shine.

There are far too many of such occassions. So many folks that did not do well in some other franchaise but do critically well in csk. There is something about flemming and dhoni combo that makes a team greater than its sum. It intriguing to say the least. 

2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

There are far too many of such occassions. So many folks that did not do well in some other franchaise but do critically well in csk. There is something about flemming and dhoni combo that makes a team greater than its sum. It intriguing to say the least. 

Watson has written in his book. The "process" of Dhoni.  I think RCB put enoromous pressure on players. "If you don't play you will get dropped" "We must win we must win" kind of pressure. It puts pressure on players to play selfishly as per Watson.

"My second year with CSK really stuck with me. There was no chopping and changing in selection. In other teams I had been with, players were turned over constantly. If a player didn't perform for a couple of games, selectors would think he wasn't good enough and would replace him immediately. This meant that everyone started looking over their shoulders and thinking, "Gosh, if I don't perform in a couple of games, then I could be gone too.""

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/shane-watson-in-teams-that-focus-on-results-instead-of-processes-players-start-playing-for-themselves-1343232