Andrew Symonds no longer with us :(

RIP

One of the finest LOI players i have seen- will always be in my ATG XI .  Could hit from ball 1, bowl spin n seam with imense control, Oustanding fielder n i dnt remember many who had so many direct hits like him. I havent seen a package like him again. 

Growing up i admired that aussie team the most- first warne now Symonds...........its really sad. 

One of the all time greats of the LOI game. Single handedly won them the game against Pakistan in the 2003 WC when Aussies were in trouble and then again hit a 90 against sl in semi final.

Again when they were in trouble!!!!.

When it comes to cricketing athletes Roy was truly creme of the crop. Literally belongs in the 0.01%. Could smash any bowler.

Dope ass fielder. Ricky ponting included him in his top 5 fielders in his list. Would walk into any team just purely as a batsman and a useful all rounder.

RIP Roy!!.

Edited by Stan AF

Man tried to save cricket star Andrew Symonds after car crash on remote road

A man has described how he tried to save cricketer Andrew Symonds after he crashed his four-wheel-drive in a remote part of North Queensland.

The 46-year-old rolled the vehicle on Hervey Range Road, about 50km from Townsville, about 11pm yesterday, police said.
Waylon Townson heard the crash and rushed to help.

Waylon Townson heard the crash and rushed to help.
Waylon Townson heard the crash and rushed to help. (Nine)

At the time he didn't know the victim was the cricket star.

"He was stuck in there, so I tried to pull him out," he told 9News.

"(I) started doing CPR and checked his pulse but I didn't get much response."

Another local who lived nearby went to the scene this morning to leave a beer and some flowers for the great all-rounder.
Police said they didn't yet know what caused the crash.

Former Australian cricket captain Mark Taylor said it was "another tragic day for cricket", following the recent deaths of Shane Warne and Rod Marsh.

Sydney Morning Herald chief cricket writer Malcolm Conn said Symonds, who was known as Roy, was the "most athletic cricketer he'd ever seen."

"An incredible athlete, an amazing fieldsman, brutal with the bat, good with the ball," he said.

Adam Gilchrist led tributes from other players.

A man has described how he tried to save cricketer Andrew Symonds after he crashed his four-wheel-drive in a remote part of North Queensland.
The father-of-two joined the Australian test side in 2004. (Nine)

"This really hurts. Think of your most loyal, fun-loving friend, who would do anything for you, that's Roy," he tweeted,

The father-of-two joined the Australian test side in 2004.

Outside of cricket he loved fishing with his mates and young son, Billy.

Mark Taylor in disbelief at 'another tragic day for cricket' as Andrew Symonds dies

As Channel Nine's resident cricket legend Mark Taylor is one of the first people the network calls when a big news story happens in the sport.

That meant fronting up for TV appearances when Rod Marsh and Shane Warne died in quick succession in March and then again on Sunday morning, just over two months later, when news of Andrew Symonds' death first broke.

Taylor was particularly close to Warne, having shared the dressing room of Australian sides with the legendary leg-spinner for close to a decade, so reflecting on his death so quickly after it happened in such shock circumstances was particularly tough.

However, he was struck by disbelief on Sunday morning when asked for his reaction to Symonds' death by Charles Croucher on Nine's Weekend Today.

"Unfortunately I've been here too often this year under these circumstances. I actually can't quite believe it, to be honest. Another tragic day for cricket," Taylor said.

With that reflection aside Taylor made an extraordinary fist of summing up what Symonds meant to the Australian public, as one of our most entertaining cricketers, and in many ways a throwback to the '70s with his larrikin personality.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/cricket/andrew-symonds-dead-car-crash-mark-taylor-tribute-reaction/bbf344b6-1881-481e-9e4b-72f972ed4b55

2 hours ago, SujitPrakash said:

Still making excuse for racist and racist Indian people I see.

End of day Indian constitution stated india is secular country and pakistan constitution affirms its an islamic country.. end of story and discussion 

@Trichromatic  and moderators. I actually never am interested in banning members if they speak rubbish about indian cricket or indian players or even bcci etc. Thats an opinion and anyone can have an opinion. But this @SujitPrakash guy is insulting indians and calling them racist when nothing was said about anything in this thread. I request moderators to go through his messages and ban him..he is not fit to be a member of this forum

12 hours ago, Jay said:

All got flaws yes. But no excuses for racists. They deserve to be humiliated. Just saying in general.

Not talking about symmonds. I don't know much about this guy. 

If you dnt know then stfu.

This is what happens when 12 year olds wanna act cool and edgy. 
Put some respect in the name of the bonafide legend you stupid keyboard warrior. 
This is not a yellow newspaper site if you cnt rexpect cricketers take your 12 year old emo azz smwhre else

Its literally the first line in the rules of this forum.

people like this should  be kicked out of this forum or else it will just be another banglacricket soon

Edited by Ravi_Shastri

My first time watching Symonds was some time around WC 2003 before he played that knock vs Pak. The ball was inches away from hitting the boundary and out of nowhere this large guy flew from nowhere to stop it. It was incredible. Never seen anything like that till that point in cricket especially such bulky guys diving around like Jonty Rhodes.

Then his legendary batting exploits in LoI.

what a player :hatsoff: rip. 

Roy never fully realized his potential, otherwise Oz team would have been even stronger. he had an avg of >60 in tests from his 1st 100 onward because his batting wasn't just about slogging. and there is no need to speak of his top-notch ODI batting where he could consolidate and attack equally well. add to that ATG fielding and useful bowling. one of the underrated and remarkable cricketers of the 2000s