Jump to content
I6MTW

So who wins IPL now?

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Nobody knows but anyone but RCB for me. I hope rat keeps his grubby hands from the trophy. I haven't forgiven rat for his power trip when he was the Indian captain.

 

I deep down wish RCB winning it and giving a facepalm to RCB management. It will force everyone to realize how stupidly they were backing him as a captain for so long.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Nobody knows but anyone but RCB for me. I hope rat keeps his grubby hands from the trophy. I haven't forgiven rat for his power trip when he was the Indian captain.

And his 10 wicket loss to Pak

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2022 at 2:42 PM, vvvslaxman said:

 

In the final we have seen some unsung unusual players stepping up. Wriddiman Saha, Manish pandey,  Manvinder Bisla, Murali Vijay. It will be unpredictable. Don't be shocked if Shabaz ahmed scores a 90 odd runs lol

 

Now it has happened in the play off. Unsung players can come into their own. Today Patidhar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sensible-indian said:

I am backing them to do well in the death against RCB.

 

Hopefully Sanga has recalibrated his strategy for the fresher pitches.

  • i think they ll drop Mccoy , motera has longer boundaries where bowlers who bowl cutter are very effective . Kuldeep sen strength is hard length which doesnt bother kohli n faf one bit 
  • If Faf n Kohli sees off boult threat then they wont have much trouble specially on longer grounds their running comes into play . Faf will play that pressure knock he mostly does 
  • Butler has a huge threat in Hazelwood n Siraj who gets the ball back in sharply
  • Samson already has issues against hasaranga that to big one
  • Their was a time Maxi was yuzi's bunny but post developing that switch hit everything changed
  • RR problem isnt just death bowling its also 6th bowler - thats where DK n Maxi become very dangerous . If you observe DK actually has every bowler in his zone apart from chahal but do they save him for death overs. 
  • Even if RR somehow manage to get rid of RCB top order they dont have finishing skills in bowling unless it jags around like crazy 

 

I think RCB is winning it 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BJP would like the trophy to be won by GT in front of the home crowd (GUJ elections coming soon and this is one way of keeping local public happy). The other option is for RCB to win as elections coming in Karnataka too…

 

Rajasthan has less chances of winning owing to being ruled by Congress. 
 

Now I can understand why MI has been punished by giving a wooden spoon. Hope the local public throw out MVA govt in favour of BJP…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2022 at 11:04 PM, bowl_out said:

Let's see who benefits from the script for each team's win.

 

RCB win - Dedicated to Kohli.. Needs to win at least one IPL in his career

RR win - Dedicated to Warne.. Obvious reasons

GT win - Dedicated to Modi and Shah.. Everything in the country starts from Gujarat and Ahmedabad in particular being set up for success

LSG win - Nobody cares..

 

So, anybody but LSG

 

Like I said, LSG is gone.. 

Remains to be seen which of the other three forces is the strongest..

 

Somehow get the feeling it will be RCB vs GT in the final, although I want RR in the final

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:
  • i think they ll drop Mccoy , motera has longer boundaries where bowlers who bowl cutter are very effective . Kuldeep sen strength is hard length which doesnt bother kohli n faf one bit 
  • If Faf n Kohli sees off boult threat then they wont have much trouble specially on longer grounds their running comes into play . Faf will play that pressure knock he mostly does 
  • Butler has a huge threat in Hazelwood n Siraj who gets the ball back in sharply
  • Samson already has issues against hasaranga that to big one
  • Their was a time Maxi was yuzi's bunny but post developing that switch hit everything changed
  • RR problem isnt just death bowling its also 6th bowler - thats where DK n Maxi become very dangerous . If you observe DK actually has every bowler in his zone apart from chahal but do they save him for death overs. 
  • Even if RR somehow manage to get rid of RCB top order they dont have finishing skills in bowling unless it jags around like crazy 

 

I think RCB is winning it 

Very interesting analysis.

 

But dont you think we can present any side to be better than others in this way?

 

RR lost last time inspite of sooo many things going wrong. They also had luck and still posted only 189

 

Inspite of that, they had 16 to defend last over and could have pulled it off if Prasidh used his brains.

 

The biggest reason why I believe RR will fight is because they play as a team.

 

I watched Sangas speech after RR won against CSK.

 

He emphasized on team effort because everyone will NOT have a good day in T20. So the ones who have it has to make it count.

 

He also talked about how you need to play ugly to get the job done which is what Buttler did the next game.

 

The strategy was solid but for tired pitches 

 

On fresher pitches...bolder approach works better.

 

So i believe we will see a different RR turn up against RCB.

 

Obed wont be dropped btw.

 

Hopefully they stick to Prasidh and make him bowl back of the length in the death like he did in certain games.

 

If LSG had got Raj Patidar, it was an easy win.

 

Heck, had KL paced his chase well, they would have won.

 

Honestly i dunno who will win the next game cos all teams are so evenly matched.

 

But i will be very surprised if RR crumbles without a fight.

 

They started their season overly reliant on a few players but in the second part of the season, it has been a total team effort.

 

Lets see.

Edited by sensible-indian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Very interesting analysis.

 

But dont you think we can present any side to be better than side with this approach?

 

RR lost last time inspite of sooo many things going wrong. They also had luck and still posted only 189

 

Inspite of that, they had 16 to defend last over and could have pulled it off if Prasidh had any brains.

 

The biggest reason why I believe RR will fight is because they play as a team.

 

I had watched Sangas speech after RR won against CSK.

 

He emphasized on team effort cos not everyone will have a good day in T20.

 

Talked about how you need to play ugly to get the job done for the ream which is what Buttler did the next game.

 

The strategy was solid but for tired pitches 

 

On fresher pitches...bolder approach works better.

 

So i beleiev we will see a different RR turn up against RCB.

 

Obed wont be dropped btw.

 

Hopefully they stick to Prasidh and make him bowl back of the length in the death like he did in certain games.

 

If LSG had got Raj Patidar, it was an easy win.

 

Heck, had KL paced his chase well, they would still have won.

 

Honestly i dunno who will win cos this time cos all teams are so evenly matched.

 

But i will be very surprised if RR crumbles without a fight.

 

They started their season overly reliant on a few players but second of the season has been a total team effort.

 

Lets see.

 

See anything can happen- Samson cud throw hasaranga n matchup out of the game if its day like last time it parag's day out .  

But i feel Faf is due for a clutch knock which he is good at and kohli has conifdence now due that knock against GT . At longer grounds Runningw Btw wkts comes into play which is these guys forte

Also that venue was DK had a poor record , wont be the case on every venue. RR poor death bowling plays right into DK hand. Im surprised they havent used hasarnaga uup the order to just slog and throw opp off the plan, wont be surprised if that happens. I just feel RCB has more pressure players then RR 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hetmyer is due a big knock. He would smack the hell Outta Hazelwood and Siraj who are not good death over bowlers. Also, Hettie is very much capable of getting underneath of Harshal as he is a proper death over hitter which Stoinis wasn't.

Edited by Majestic
Link to comment
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...