Indian squad announced for T20 series against SA and 5th Test against England

5 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Simple observation ,

The regular top 3 generally wastes 6-10 deliveries in the very beginning of their respective innings

That amounts to 24-30 deliveries,that is huge loss of deliveries in this age of t20 cricket

Their standbys are no different,which means selectors aren't putting their heads in this simple and most important aspect of the game

Infact it has inspired most of the gen next to play anchor like innings in t20s Everyone wants to be an anchor

Kl had huge potential,but he turned into a sissy consolidator, Gaikwad is no different

Worst if this lot is Iyer,he should have been kept miles away from iur loi side and only restricted to home tests matches

Thing with both gaikwad and kl is even when they get off to quick starts they tend slow up after the 4-5th over, kl in particular from 7-12 is virtually run a ball and only hits out after 17th over, so that's like 70% of his innings accumulating when even if he makes up for it at the end he will end with 140-145 strike rate not 150 plus, gaikwad is okay in the middle overs but way to slow in the first six and prone to getting out early, India will never be a 210 team but 170-185 at max, only SKY stands out in the batting line up.

10 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Another important question here.

Is Shami dropped or rested from T20 series because they mentioned only VK, RS and JB as ones that are rested.

Shami may not be part of T20 set up anymore. Umesh who bowled brilliantly is not even also in the reckoning. Seems like "knucke ball" bowlers are getting preferred apart from Umran. Natrajan post injury is showing indifferent form. So he is left out i guess. 

22 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Shami may not be part of T20 set up anymore. Umesh who bowled brilliantly is not even also in the reckoning. Seems like "knucke ball" bowlers are getting preferred apart from Umran. Natrajan post injury is showing indifferent form. So he is left out i guess. 

:phehe:

Cannot comprehend not using Anu-Bhuvi's swing in England; especially when the workload is just one game for crying out loud. It'll be a better look compared to using two spinners in swinging & seaming conditions as done during the ICC World Test Championship. Playing Bhuvi in T20's outside of the subcontinent seems like knuckling down, but that's just me.

Chuckte Raho

TC

T20I Squad - KL Rahul (Capt), Ruturaj Gaikwad, Ishan Kishan, Deepak Hooda, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant(VC) (wk),Dinesh Karthik (wk), Hardik Pandya, Venkatesh Iyer, Y Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Axar Patel, R Bishnoi, Bhuvneshwar, Harshal Patel, Avesh Khan, Arshdeep Singh, Umran Malik.

wrong choices probably-

1.Ruturaj has not impressed me much, i do not predict that he will succeed in international T20 cricket. i have seen him succeeding on flat Patta IPL tracks. even ipl tracks which had a bit of green, pacers got him out easily. so i predict that he wont immediately succeed as India opener. Prithvi or Gill were better openers.

2. Dinesh K....-He has come back in international cricket and failed n come back to domestic in past. History will repeat itself.

3.H Patel- not going to succeed in international circuit. th ahead of him.ey should have picked left arm mohsin or khaleel

TEST Squad - Rohit Sharma (Capt), KL Rahul (VC), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Hanuma Vihari, Cheteshwar Pujara, Rishabh Pant (wk), KS Bharat (wk), R Jadeja, R Ashwin, Shardul Thakur, Mohd Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd Siraj, Umesh Yadav, Prasidh Krishna

they should have added UMraan in test team too. Probbly Khaleel too.

Axar, Harshal, Bhuvi, Chahal will play 5/5 or atleast 4/5 marches.
Kuldeep may get 1 match.
Umran and Avesh will get some matches at no 11 (depending upon their performance), Arshdeep getting an opportunity is very very rare as there are 2 knuckle bowlers who are supposedly the death bowling expert.

No 6 is a toss up between Venky and Pandya...I see Pandya getting a nod.

KL, Kishan, Hooda, Pant, DK will be the top 5. Ruturaj may get 1-2 matches if Kishan fails, while I don't see Shreyas in the XI.
starting XI will be
KL
Kishan
Hooda
Pant
DK
Pandya
Axar
Harshal
Bhuvi
Chahal
Avesh/Umran 

8 hours ago, Throwaib_Chuckter said:

Cannot comprehend not using Anu-Bhuvi's swing in England; especially when the workload is just one game for crying out loud. It'll be a better look compared to using two spinners in swinging & seaming conditions as done during the ICC World Test Championship. Playing Bhuvi in T20's outside of the subcontinent seems like knuckling down, but that's just me.

Chuckte Raho

TC

Anu-Bhuvi bhaiya will get injured after bowling a 5 over spell. He is worse than Nehraji in terms of sustaining fitness in longer format.
Shami and Bumrah will have to compensate for his overs as well (don't expect anything from Spinner Jadeja), thus greater chance of injuring themselves.