zen

F | GT v RR | Wolf's Den (Amdavad) | May 29th

The Wolves take on the Wild Wild West  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• GT (The Wolves)
    • The Wild Wild West (RR)
  2. 2. Will we see season's first superover?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/29/2022 at 01:30 PM

Posted (edited)

After Q1, the two best teams of the tournament meet again in the final at the Wolf's Den (The NaMo Stadium). The Wolves would be eager to get their hands on the title in their debut season, while the Wild Wild West too would be seeking to give their best in their 2nd appearance in the final in 15 years. Of course, the atmosphere at Amdavad is expected to electric! 

wolf-sky.gif

v

I7Ny.gif

The Wolves arrived to a heroes welcome at Amdavad, but besides the Wolves other heroes have made it to Amdavad as well: 

giphy.gif

talking-amit-shah.gif

Amit Shah is expected to be at the final! 

There will be a closing ceremony as well featuring:

IPL-2022-The-final-ceremony-of-the-IPL-w

Amir Khan is going to host the pre show:

Dr4bjAESR9P8p4cn.jpg

The animal kingdom is excited to see the Wolves play the final at the Wolf's Den too:

66a099332979c990732c15732c1bbe03.gif

As usual for the Wolves game, beer is on the house:

beer-chug.gif

Get ready to "aa woo":

sport-soccer.gif

Cricinfo Preview ... Poll added for poll lovers ... Poll closes before the toss! 

@Austin 3:!6 Buddy, sticky the thread :dance:

Edited by zen

Posted (edited)

RR all the way.

GT has stat padders and selfish top order batters who make crybabe faces when they get run out by their partner, not interested in them. Only Miller looks good in that batting lineup but I am sure he will bring his choke gene in play on Sunday.

RR got pretty exciting team, was such a pleasure watching Buttler bat, Jaiswal and Samson are pretty exciting to watch for comeos too but I would hope a Hetmyer special in the finals.

Edited by Majestic

9 hours ago, Majestic said:

RR all the way.

GT has stat padders and selfish top order batters who make crybabe faces when they get run out by their partner, not interested in them. Only Miller looks good in that batting lineup but I am sure he will bring his choke gene in play on Sunday.

RR got pretty exciting team, was such a pleasure watching Buttler bat, Jaiswal and Samson are pretty exciting to watch for comeos too but I would hope a Hetmyer special in the finals.

GT is the best team that punched way above its weight in IPL history.  Miller was sucking balls 7 or 8 seasons. Gill proper tuk tuk mostly in IPL. Saha is like 38. Still batting at his best.  Tuk Tuk pandya. Tewatia a journey man at best who fluked a few knocks. Rashid as a batsman hardly did anything for SRH. This team should have been shot out under 130 in almost all the innings. They may end up winning this one given that they have a solid bowling unit led by Rashid. 

All about the bowling. 

Lockie 

Shami

Pandya

R khan

Yash dayal

Said kishore

Tboult

P krishna

Ashwin

Chahal

McCoy

Parag

3 good bowlers in locie shami and dayal vs 3 good bowlers from rr in prasidh boult and ash

Tough one. I am going with RR for personal reasons. 

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

GT is the best team that punched way above its weight in IPL history.  Miller was sucking balls 7 or 8 seasons. Gill proper tuk tuk mostly in IPL. Saha is like 38. Still batting at his best.  Tuk Tuk pandya. Tewatia a journey man at best who fluked a few knocks. Rashid as a batsman hardly did anything for SRH. This team should have been shot out under 130 in almost all the innings. They may end up winning this one given that they have a solid bowling unit led by Rashid. 

GT definitely are favourites. Rashid is the key player and leader of that bowling attack. It has been a team effort for them as they neither are in contention for orange cup or purple cap. Even the player of tournament seems likely to be going to Jos Buttler. But they have performed extremely well as unit. I just don't like their top order.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

All about the bowling. 

Lockie 

Shami

Pandya

R khan

Yash dayal

Said kishore

Tboult

P krishna

Ashwin

Chahal

McCoy

Parag

3 good bowlers in locie shami and dayal vs 3 good bowlers from rr in prasidh boult and ash

Tough one. I am going with RR for personal reasons. 

Rashid isn't good bowler?? Heh??

12 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

Rashid isn't good bowler?? Heh??

He is ok. Not a fan of spinners. I should remove ash from my list of good bowlers too tbh in the earlier post. 

It comes down to:

McCoy vs dayal. Dayal is better. 

Boult vs lockie. Boult is better

Prasidh vs shami. Prasidh is better atm

RR wins

Two of my fav teams this season

RR should make GT bat first.. GT has these freak players like Miller and Tewatia who can play cameos and chase anything 

RR's best bet is if they make GT bat first

Proud of the Wolves: 

* Top order (#1-3) is a mix of free flowing and resilient players 

* Middle order (#4-7) is full of players who have delivered under pressure and can play per the situation. In fact with Wade at #3, GT has players with finishing abilities from #3-7 

* Strongest bowling attack - Shami with the new ball, Lockie/Joseph with pace, Yash Dayal w/ left arm angle and striking abilities, SDP (Hardik) with his intelligent bowling, & of course the wizard Rashid. Supported by the accurate Kishore.

* Led by the best captain in the IPL.

* Backed & motivated by the best coaching & support staff

Team ho to aise :hatsoff:

Posted (edited)

Have supported RR over the years as my 2nd team … Here, they would be proud to just be on the park with the Wolves in the final 

Good to see RR get some support too  

Edited by zen

3 hours ago, bowl_out said:

RR's best bet is if they make GT bat first

New game tomorrow but GT’s best performance batting first is against RR irc … and GT has chased well against RR too