International bilaterals may to be reduced to accomodate a longer IPL

zen

4 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

Triangulars and quads for every country lol, logistically it's not possible, Maybe 1 or 2 counties can try it ,rest will miss their home season.

I didn't say for every country.

Indian team would be best served by allotting calendar every year for quads/triangulars for both T20is/ODIS

2 hours ago, SeasonedIPLer said:

You say that because you’re pathetic bambais got embarrassed and lost 8 games in a row together with humiliation of getting wooden spoon.

It's miles better than being a fan of a tainted franchise whose owner got arrested and got banned for 2 years like your pathetic sennai supari kings.

P.S: Your posts are just a cut/copy/paste of the same message over and over. Be creative atleast once in a while you imbecile.

4 hours ago, Suhaan said:

There will always be 90 % mediocre players coming out of a league

What do you expect?

increase the foreign quota by 5 it will increase viewership, excitement, competition (for local players), quality etc

Have you ever wondered why the Indian team couldn't qualify for 4 out of the 6 ICC T20 World cups since the IPL Started in 2008?.

21 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Have you ever wondered why the Indian team couldn't qualify for 4 out of the 6 ICC T20 World cups since the IPL Started in 2008?.

Didnt play a part in our losses in 2012,14,16,21

Out of those four,2 were quite good for us

Players can get injured playing int t20 as well

On 5/29/2022 at 5:58 PM, Majestic said:

The best solution is that the T20I format should be shelved. There is no point of having it. I propose the scheduling to be as mentioned below:-

2.5 Months of IPL( mid-March to May)

10 tests per year( can be 13-14 for Eng and 8-9 for NZ as it has been the case with different nations)

20 ODIs per year ( to ensure ODIs remain relevant too)

No T20 international cricket, it is of zero offerings. Players should play IPL, BBL, PSL and whatever they want but no T20 international bilateral should happen. Only T20 world cup should happen and as a part of its preparation, league cricket is a way to go which includes IPL, BBL, CPL, PSL and whatever else. 

This way we can succeed in reducing too much T20 cricket and still have the league cricket which is important for  financial security of the board. It will also help players in preparing for t20 world cup which can happen once in two years or even four years.

Moreover, we will be able to save ODI cricket and test cricket both. While tests are not getting hurt as much with so many T20Is, ODIs in last 2-3 years have found a massive decline in the numbers of games that have been played in an year. With no t20is, ODIs will be increased again and we can still have a T20I world Cup championship to decide which team is the champion in the shortest format. It is a win win case for all.

In my opinion this would be the best way to go, a win win case for all.

On 5/29/2022 at 12:20 PM, express bowling said:

I like the IPL because it is 2 months of a different flavour of cricket per year.

But too much of anything brings down the quality and brings monotony.

If we toured England for tests every year then that tour would lose its value too.

I think the current set-up, with a great mix of 2 months of IPL,  around 10 /11 tests for India a year and around 20 ODIs for India, is great. 

Different flavours of cricket throughout the year and we remain interested. 

I dont know about you but ODI bilateral even against Eng/Aus are boring for me. Id rather keep a solid Test championship structure/ 3 or 4 months of IPL and then WCs for ODI/T20s every 4 years in line with FIFA WC and Euros.  Too many rubbish pointless matches against likes of SL, Bang.WI etc

The cricket calendar (especially ours is choked) . The problem is compounded by the fact that we dont have enough talent for multiple formats so players are playing continuously. 

IPL should only be held for 2 months only - April and May. Cut down Test series to 3 matches from 4 and 5.  The recent BG trophy was an absolute drag. 

Make World T20 a real world cup by having it only once every 4 years. 

Reduce bilateral T20Is and, in fact, play them only 12 months before a T20 World Cup. 

The calendar should be something like

2023 50 over World Cup

2024 - play bilateral T20s primarily  

2025 - T20 World Cup

2026 - Play bilateral ODIs only

2027 50 overs World Cup.

Test cricket is on its way out. Should become exhibition cricket and/or only played if the host board can make profits. Eg WI should host only England and India for tests if they are the only profitable tours.