Lal Singh Chaddha trailer. Ur views?

maniac

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Any ideas on what the narrative of events will be, given that it is Amir Khan , progressive enlightened influencer-  

1. Non-Acceptance of disabled boy in UC social circles

2. communal riots showing one-sided anti-minority views

3. wars with politicians and higher officials causing  soldier deaths

4. society against women of certain kind

Left has so much material in India to show atrocities

For my money, I am happy this is still continuing. It further galvanizes the majority.

I remember during lunch meeting at the time of release of PK, the banker said to me how good PK was and he enjoyed, then proceeded to ask me. I said I would have enjoyed it if it wasn’t so selective. He said it was not selective and poked all sides. I said I hope that the he doesn’t apply same level of discretion with his choice of clients. Silence on the table. 

Edited by ravishingravi

To think that he didn't have a movie releasing in the last 4 years and all he was working on was this cartoonish performance of rehashing some of his peculiar (hammed) expressions. Seriously, this guy has lost credibility. He used to be one of the better actors in the late 90s to early 2000s, but now he has gone complete nuts.

15 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

For my money, I am happy this is still continuing. It further galvanizes the majority.

I remember during lunch meeting at the time of release of PK, the banker said to me how good PK was and he enjoyed, then proceeded to ask me. I said I would have enjoyed it if it wasn’t so selective. He said it was not selective and poked all sides. I said I hope that the he doesn’t apply same level of discretion with his choice of clients. Silence on the table. 

And why should this one movie (PK) not be selective

Broader question, must he have to address all evils in each of his creative undertakings to "balance" internet outrage. Is that what will dictate creativity now?

Ensconced in a cocoon of 'balanced' viewpoints so that no one is outraged any more than the other?

Why should he have to poke all sides?

Have you seen Secret Superstar?

You have to be consistent here. If PK was AK (surely he had directorial inputs, no?)  being selective, would you think its fair if the side that was rubbed poked the wrong way in Secret Superstar also accuses him of being selective?

Edited by Mariyam

On 5/30/2022 at 1:59 AM, rkt.india said:

It's copy paste. Not a bad remake.

It is an official remake of Forrest Gump, not a copy paste.

Think of it as an OS upgrade and not as a cheap knock off of a Gucci belt you get opposite National College.

I'm looking forward to this one. Prima facie , AK has outdone Tom Hanks.

18 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

PK wasn't made by Aamir but Hirani. 

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Think of it as an OS upgrade and not as a cheap knock off of a Gucci belt you get opposite National College.

Official remake means copy paste with a few edits here there.

I would call it OS localization, in any case Windows XP Punjabi in 2022 isn't gonna be any good an experience. 

Edited by Clarke

Please rewatch the trailer. Dialog delivery of Amir khan seems as bad as KRK in deshdrohi. His Punjabi accent is unintentionally funny. Where is Mr perfectionist?

Hey ram and rahim...

This is some god level fan girl stuff. 

On 6/1/2022 at 6:33 PM, Pollack said:

Please rewatch the trailer. Dialog delivery of Amir khan seems as bad as KRK in deshdrohi. His Punjabi accent is unintentionally funny. Where is Mr perfectionist?

Laal Singh is supposed to be slow. His speech slurry and he has dyslexia. You want him to rattle off Punjabi like Navjot SIngh Siddhu?

AK the perfectionist has done a perfect job of playing a dyslexic Punjabi war veteran.

On 5/30/2022 at 1:09 AM, maniac said:

One word embarrassing.

box of chocolates replaced by gol gappa :facepalm:

Actually the gol gappa analogy was a good one.

They made it relatable for our audience.

Box of chocolates would have looked stupid in the desi context.

Aamir's acting looks really bad and I am not sure about this movie working.

But with that being said...

There is a big problem with remakes.

Even if someone adapts a scene well, we compare it with the original and trash it.

Human nature.

Big  campaign in SM to boycott this movie because he seems anti-Hindu and anti- India. Actor pleads not to boycott.

Aamir Khan's 2015 comment comes back to haunt Laal Singh Chaddha, actor says 'please don't boycott my film'

I don’t support the boycott. I will not watch it because it is a badly made remake . Just like I didn’t watch his previous one Thugs of Hindustan 

Edited by coffee_rules