Lal Singh Chaddha trailer. Ur views?

maniac

3 hours ago, MechEng said:

Did he say "Pooja path" or "Mazhab" and "rab"?

Those words are islamic and sikh. If the movie is a propaganda, then hum bhi koi kam nahin with Hindu victimization

The terrorist friend says pooja paath. Our guy says mazhab (religion) as a broader term which includes all religions cause malaria. In essence, all should get offended  . Rab means god. The two words  are religion agnostic

Edited by coffee_rules

37 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

The terrorist friend says pooja paath. Our guy says mazhab (religion) as a broader term which includes all religions cause malaria. In essence, all should get offended  . Rab means god. The two words  are religion agnostic

Mazhab is definitely Islamic. Hindus use 'Dharma'

Rab too is used in Punjab 

17 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@coffee_rules

@diga

@mishra

You guys are throwing around some unverified twitter numbers.

Without really knowing how the film business works.

The producer AK, has already sold the movie to his distributors (and in this case co-producer: Viacom 18). Viacom 18 has distribution rights in India. And Paramount ( Iirc) for distribution rights overseas including China. 

From the total box office collections, initially you deduct entertainment tax. Then from the remaining proceeds the charges for the multiplex/single screens. By this stage generally 80% of the BO receipts remain. Of this the distributor (typically in India) takes 75% of the profits. And the producer gets a small percentage here based on the kind of profit sharing contract that is drawn up.

Think of the post covid era where films aren't doing too well in the BO. Most producers, even the big names like Akshay, Devgn and Aamir, are ready to negotiate and agree to a smaller % share of gross profit if the Distributor is willing to offer a higher price for purchase of distribution rights. They want to make the bulk of their money before the movie releases.

That's why the 250cr INR that went to Aamir from China is very laughable. Paramount ( or whoever distributed his earlier movies) would never agree for such a lop sided deal.You can accuse the Chinese government of being opaque with their financial dealings, but most of the international distributors are US based and their books/yearly balance sheets are available in public domain.

Those numbers look exaggerated. I had the same suspicions when there were huge collections reported of Rajnikanth’s  Tamil movies in Japan. Numbers being  in public domain is not something assumed to be legal. They could be cooked and published. 

What if Chinese authorities exaggerated collection receipts and generated money transfer to India like a Hawala scheme? It is China and they can do anything. There is no checks and balances there. Tough to do it from Japan. 

2 minutes ago, Lord said:

When?

Many Hindus. I have heard a lot on SM, celebrities and a lot of them explain the same. Here in ICF too albeit in sarcasm. 

AK’s character is a Punjabi and in Punjabi , Mahzab and Rab are borrowed words from Urdu. It has more words from Urdu /Persian than Hindi. I can relate to a Punjabi Hindu using Mazhab rab etc in a Hindu context. 

Tujh mein Rab Dikhta hain is a song sung by two Punjabi Hindu characters in the movie

Mazhab nahi sikhata

Aapas mein bAir rakhna.

Hindi hain hum, watan hain, Hindustan hamara.

Mazhab has no Islamic only context. .

3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Many Hindus. I have heard a lot on SM, celebrities and a lot of them explain the same. Here in ICF too albeit in sarcasm. 

AK’s character is a Punjabi and in Punjabi , Mahzab and Rab are borrowed words from Urdu. It has more words from Urdu /Persian than Hindi. I can relate to a Punjabi Hindu using Mazhab rab etc in a Hindu context. 

Tujh mein Rab Dikhta hain is a song sung by two Punjabi Hindu characters in the movie

Mazhab nahi sikhata

Aapas mein bAir rakhna.

Hindi hain hum, watan hain, Hindustan hamara.

Mazhab has no Islamic only context. .

That is an Urdu poetry written by Allama Iqbal written before Independence,

Already said 'Rab' is used in Punjab whether by Sikhs or Hindus. Its more of a regional word. You won't see it used in South or even Mumbai etc.

I'm a Punjabi,havent seen anyone use 'Mazhab' in Punjabi conversation.

10 minutes ago, Lord said:

That is an Urdu poetry written by Allama Iqbal written before Independence,

Already said 'Rab' is used in Punjab whether by Sikhs or Hindus. Its more of a regional word. You won't see it used in South or even Mumbai etc.

I'm a Punjabi,havent seen anyone use 'Mazhab' in Punjabi conversation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazhabi_Sikh

On 8/12/2022 at 8:11 AM, rkt.india said:

Who wrote this film, a Hindu Atul Kulkarni.

Hamein to apno ne loota, gairo me kahan dum tha

KRK makes sense when he says this movie is directed by aamir khan. May be changed storyline and scenes during direction.

1 hour ago, zen said:

I was hoping to read some reviews but appears as if only one person has seen this film so far. 

Did you also think that only the movie's name was 'boycott lal singh chadda' and everyone here would be discussing about how good it was?:giggle:

3 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Did you also think that only the movie's name was 'boycott lal singh chadda' and everyone here would be discussing about how good it was?:giggle:

Nah … But was expecting a discussion (whether good or bad) on film among those who saw it. 

Here I am reading about “boycott” from those who did not even seen the film and basing their “reaction” on a clip or two. 

Just now, zen said:

Nah … But was expecting a discussion (whether good or bad) on film among those who saw it. 

Here I am reading about “boycott” from those who did not even seen the film and basing their “reaction” on a clip or two. 

Sorry but that's a dumb post^^...For me, it is about Aamir being critical of/mocking Hinduism in his previous movie but not have courage to speak about his own religion (Islam)...

5 minutes ago, zen said:

One review is enough to tell how the movie is. That too from @Mariyam who likes most of Bollywood movies has trashed the movie. Go figure!

5 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Sorry but that's a dumb post^^...For me, it is about Aamir being critical of/mocking Hinduism in his previous movie but not have courage to speak about his own religion (Islam)...

In which previous film did he mock Hinduism (PK was not his home production)?  Why does he have to mock Islam or Christianity or whatever? Does he complain when most terrorist films show terrorists as Muslims? :hmm: 

I read many such boycott talks. For e.g. Padmavat and when I see the film, I wonder what the issue was about. 

Edited by zen

16 minutes ago, zen said:

In which previous film did he mock Hinduism (PK was not his home production)?  Why does he have to mock Islam or Christianity or whatever? Does he complain when most terrorist films show terrorists as Muslims? :hmm: 

I read many such boycott talks. For e.g. Padmavat and when I see the film, I wonder what the issue was about. 

It doesn't matter if it was his own production or not ... intolerance of Islamists is one of biggest issues facing this world , rest of the religions largely coexist peacefully, i am not telling that he should mock Islam but before being critical of/mocking Hinduism or other religions he should be critical of his own religion because his religion needs reform on a whole new level in comparison to other religions but obviously he doesn't have the courage to do so.

Edited by randomGuy

22 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

It doesn't matter if it was his own production or not ... intolerance of Islamists is one of biggest issues facing this world , rest of the religions largely coexist peacefully, i am not telling that he should mock Islam but before being critical of/mocking Hinduism or other religions but should be critical of his own religion because his religion needs reform on a whole new level in comparison to other religions but obviously he doesn't have the courage to do so.

Do Hirani and Vidoo Chopra (the producers), who also wrote and/or directed the film (assuming you are talking about PK), get a clean chit while the actor gets mobbed? :lol: 

Have you seen the film? If so, what has he mocked? (in Deewar, AB is constantly showers hatred on Hindu gods until his end. I tend to skip those parts in Deewar).

Edited by zen

9 minutes ago, zen said:

Do Hirani and Vidoo Chopra, who wrote and/or directed the film (assuming you are talking about PK), get a clean chit while the actor onscreen gets mobbed? :lol: 

Have you seen the film? If so what has he mocked? (in Deewar, AB is constantly showers hatred on Hindu gods until his end. I tend to skip those parts in Deewar).

LSC obviously 90% people posting here won't be spending money on it as they support the boycott, so what were you expecting? PK yes, I have seen. Someone can call it mocking, someone would say being critical of Hinduism. To me it was mocking. In Deewar movie i didn't find anything wrong. BTW Do you have disagreement with what i wrote in last post?

"intolerance of Islamists is one of biggest issues facing this world...

I am not telling that he should mock Islam but before being critical of/mocking Hinduism or other religions he should be critical of his own religion because his religion needs reform on a whole new level in comparison to other religions but obviously he doesn't have the courage to do so."