Jump to content
Singh bling

Kashmir Valley 16 targeted killings so far this year in Kashmir Valley

Recommended Posts

The only way to resolve the Kashmir issue and make it more normal is by resettling ppl who do not subscribe to this separatist ideology. Unfortunately, they cannot provide constant guard to them. Even the Chinese get killed in Pak. Sadly, the Hindus in Kashmir don't want to bolster their numbers by allowing non-Kashmiris to live there. They want the Indian army to protect them but feel that those people do not deserve to settle there.

 

What is the way forward? 

 

By clearing them out of Kashmir they are just playing into the hands of those committing these killings. Best way is Gaius Marius' way from way back. Give retired soldiers and their families colonies to live there for free and let them take care of themselves against any aggression. They will sort things out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On Sat Oct 15 2022 at 5:09 PM, Khota said:

I think PM Modi needs to abandon the peace process by UAE and start the shelling to teach them that there will be a price associated for killing Kashmiri Pandits and carrying out the genocide.

PM is helpless in this case...   Ceasefire was a relief for people living close to the border.  So a good reason to keep it that way at least until no large scale terror attack. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

PM is helpless in this case...   Ceasefire was a relief for people living close to the border.  So a good reason to keep it that way at least until no large scale terror attack. 

Shelling everyday was working. It was taking a disproportionate toll on Pakistan. They went crying to UAE to stop this and India obliged. Start shelling tomorrow morning and this killing of Pandits stops immediately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bharathh said:

The only way to resolve the Kashmir issue and make it more normal is by resettling ppl who do not subscribe to this separatist ideology. Unfortunately, they cannot provide constant guard to them. Even the Chinese get killed in Pak. Sadly, the Hindus in Kashmir don't want to bolster their numbers by allowing non-Kashmiris to live there. They want the Indian army to protect them but feel that those people do not deserve to settle there.

 

What is the way forward? 

 

By clearing them out of Kashmir they are just playing into the hands of those committing these killings. Best way is Gaius Marius' way from way back. Give retired soldiers and their families colonies to live there for free and let them take care of themselves against any aggression. They will sort things out.

People simply won't allow it...  Jammu is relatively safer & Dogras are brand new vote bank of BJP so I can understand why settling in any new people there would led to unwanted trouble.  Job opportunity & land is scarce in the region...  So one can't blame them either.  Development & jobs are key factors. 

Kashmir is far more hostile to outsiders almost as equal to the dreaded 90's.  The most peaceful decade 2010's is long gone. 

It is only safer for Army atm & its heavy deployment. 

There is no short solution to it as long Pakistan is there..  And brand new US Pak reset has only pushed peacetime few decades back.  It's a long game for now. 

In the meantime empowering Jammu over Kashmir seems to be more suitable idea. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Khota said:

Shelling everyday was working. It was taking a disproportionate toll on Pakistan. They went crying to UAE to stop this and India obliged. Start shelling tomorrow morning and this killing of Pandits stops immediately.

We don't know what happens behind the scenes....  Doval did work around it with Emiratis being neutrals in 2021.

My understanding is it allowed Pak to focus on their troubled Western border while we were facing immense pressure in Eastern sector wrt to China. 

Yes it now looks like has proved to be counter productive wrt to Terrorist infiltrations...  Could be a case of poor strategy from our side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

We don't know what happens behind the scenes....  Doval did work around it with Emiratis being neutrals in 2021.

My understanding is it allowed Pak to focus on their troubled Western border while we were facing immense pressure in Eastern sector wrt to China. 

Yes it now looks like has proved to be counter productive wrt to Terrorist infiltrations...  Could be a case of poor strategy from our side.

It is not too late. PM should ask Defense Minister to start shelling and make them pay. Otherwise killing of innocent Pandits reminds me of of impotent Rajiv Gandhi days. Kashmiri Pandits have lived in the valley for 1000's of years and it their home. They need protection now, not tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Khota said:

It is not too late. PM should ask Defense Minister to start shelling and make them pay. Otherwise killing of innocent Pandits reminds me of of impotent Rajiv Gandhi days. Kashmiri Pandits have lived in the valley for 1000's of years and it their home. They need protection now, not tomorrow.

They don't live in the valley anymore...  Those who are working there have been targeted by Islamists & Terrorists.  Not only KP's but Hindus/Outsiders,  Labour class

 inc Muslims have been killed so far. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

They don't live in the valley anymore...  Those who are working there have been targeted by Islamists & Terrorists.  Not only KP's but Hindus/Outsiders,  Labour class

 inc Muslims have been killed so far. 

Trust me there are few left in the valley. Very few.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Both had Muslim sounding names. Just picking on outsiders. Facking cowards 

Last month too...  A couple of labour guys got killed..  A Muslim included. 

So it isn't totally about religion.  This is pure terror & actual reality in Kashmir right now.  I really fear for Outsiders working over there. 

US Pak nexus will now look to punish India further in coming months I think.   Bajwa may try some Uri/Pulwama type stunt again. 

Edited by Lone Wolf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/6/2022 at 10:59 AM, Lone Wolf said:

Kashmir war in 1947-48 was stretched for a loooooooong time...  It's a frontier.  You can't just go & capture it.  Gilgit Scouts along with British Generals captured all those areas much earlier & those areas of Chitral Hunza Skardu were all gone with extremely hostile local population up in arms against Dogra rule.

Pakistani army hadn't fully came into its own still back then...  It would have been a proper bloodbath had that escalated.  Pakhtoons did massacres in Mirpur & Bhimber.  Poonch was totally in their control.  Some legendary battles were held to secure inch by inch there.  Choice was simple turn to Kargil or Gilgit & IA chose Kargil after a year of fighting. 

 

In 1965... Another battle of attrition.  Pakistan operation Gibraltar had failed but they send most of its forces in Kashmir.  Another deadlock on heights.   Indian army in a heroic attempt captures Haji Peer pass (most of the terrorist infiltration happens via that) 

Pakistan in operation Grand slam has plans on Jammu & Akhnoor...  A surprise attack &,  they capture Chammb sector.  IAF dispatched & somehow saves Akhnoor.  Pakistani Ahmadi general replaced by Yahya Khan...  Pakistani's call it blunder. 

After the war Chammb was exchanged for Haji Peer pass. 

 

This is the short story on how tough is it for both IA & PA to fight in Kashmir.  Pakistan still has majority of its forces there. 

Capturing Pakistani Punjab is a lot easier compared to POK for a reason. 

 

What do you mean by this? Can you elaborate further? 
RKT is right, it was a massive blunder to go to the UN when Pakistan was on its knees at that point in the war. Sardar Patel would never have went to the UN had he been in charge 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SecondSlip said:

What do you mean by this? Can you elaborate further? 
RKT is right, it was a massive blunder to go to the UN when Pakistan was on its knees at that point in the war. Sardar Patel would never have went to the UN had he been in charge 

Invasion was mostly carried out by Pakhtoons & Irregular Pakistani soldiers with obvious support from Pak army...  The Gilgit Scouts had captured Northern areas & IA was in immense pressure wrt to Uri & Poonch sectors..  Pakistan Army + Paktoons had captured Mirpur prior to that & Entire Poonch Rajouri fighting was fought for over a freakin year. 

A small IA unit under Maj Gen Thapa was holding out Northern Pak infantry units + Ex British Gilgit Scouts in Skardu for over 6 months with no reinforcements...  And they finally had to gave that up. 

Final assault came when IA finally defeated Gilgit Scouts in Dras & secured Kargil...  And the dreaded winter was at its peak.  We were into the 2nd year already.  

Indian Generals were fairly new to the game & the feedback from British top brass was without attacking Pakistani bases outside PoK...  The raiders will keep coming &  the Northern Areas will never be recovered & 1949 spring (May)  was the time to launch another offensive.  It had been 14 months of intensive fighting already. 

Now the Intel was sound indeed as IA had no Mountain war experience & they were told enemy was entrenched in numerous 10000 ft peaks...  That's like equal to 5-10 Kargil wars put together.  And would add another couple of years to do that. 

Further the newly independent nation and bigger fishes to fry... And war had drained us a lot too.   Most high profile areas were Indian control too...  Barring Mirpur,  Muzzafarabad & Gilgit agency. 

Pakistan had given up any offensive to & were focused on fighting a defensive battle from now on...  Until the ceasefire put an end to it. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...