Jump to content
MultiB48

Can atheists critique religion ?

Can atheists critique religion ?  

8 members have voted

  1. 1. Are atheists better placed to critique religion ?



Recommended Posts

Just a general question,after coming across some posts ,like the one below in one of the threads.

 

  

7 hours ago, ash said:


Simple, if you are not an atheist then whatever fact or criticism you speak about the other religion becomes hypocrisy. It is not about what she said, it is about who she is and the weight of her argument. She represents BJP, the ruling Hindu party and the words she says obviously will trigger the Muslims. She is mocking something about flying horses, when we have elephant and monkey gods. will she be able to engage in constructive debate if someone brings that up?

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

* no, atheists generally fall into the trap of projecting morality & their stupid one sided arguments in complex debates. Having said that I'm an opportunistic theist, like billions across the globe, so that criticism can also be levelled against me :lollypop:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, R!TTER said:

* no, atheists generally fall into the trap of projecting morality & their stupid one sided arguments in complex debates. Having said that I'm an opportunistic theist, like billions across the globe, so that criticism can also be levelled against me :lollypop:

we do love a scrap dont we

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

So why are atheists better placed at critiquing religion?Anybody can be an atheist , it's not as if you need to have some professional expertise and need to be trained or licensed to be one.

 

If you want to take on any topic ideally you should be a trained professional, otherwise you may have your opinion but it's as good as any layman's.

Edited by MultiB48
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Modern Atheists are dumb fools. They do not know the difference between Religion and Dharma. Not that Dharma is above criticism. But they need to grow some grey cells to differentiate.

 

In my opinion, modern atheism is  none-theism. It is worshipping the idea of NO GOD. Thus it highly resembles the monotheistic cults that originated out of Arabian deserts.

Edited by kepler37b
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me, Atheists are absolute pillar opposite of believers. In many ways, they are no better of worse. Both believers and atheists are two sides of the same coin. If you don't know something, you either choose to believe or disbelieve. It doesn't take you any further. 

 

Santani culture is about seeking. Looking for answers and avoiding assumptions. So, atheists are not better equipped. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

how about religions ,should they be censured from critiquing others ? 
 

There is a conference of world religions where they do critique Each other . Besides that there are interfaith discussion and debates,

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Religions_Conference#:~:text=The World Religions Conference (WRC,up displays at the event.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

There is a  Ricky Gervais video where he beautifully exposes that Theists are actually Brainwashed Atheists. Hindus don’t believe in Allah, Muslims don’t believe in Siva - Atheists just don’t believe in both Siva and Allah. 

 

It’s obvious isn’t it, theists lack

objectivity. They basically become Atheists when it comes to other religion, ready to be practical, logical, factual and find faults. But when it comes to their religion, the logical mind turns off and they overlook all problems. Fact becomes irrelevant, logic goes for a toss, official data becomes “corrupt” or “doctored”, news becomes “Fake news”. 
 

If you make a Hindu and Muslim debate about their religions, it would just be an ego competition to prove who is better. Both sides won’t accept the faults in their religion, both would trigger the other religion, and there is nothing to be gained from the debate except possible riots and problems. 

Edited by ash
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ash said:

There is a  Ricky Gervais video where he beautifully exposes that Theists are actually Brainwashed Atheists. Hindus don’t believe in Allah, Muslims don’t believe in Siva - Atheists just don’t believe in both Siva and Allah. 

 

It’s obvious isn’t it, theists lack

objectivity. They basically become Atheists when it comes to other religion, ready to be practical, logical, factual and find faults. But when it comes to their religion, the logical mind turns off and they overlook all problems. Fact becomes irrelevant, logic goes for a toss, official data becomes “corrupt” or “doctored”, news becomes “Fake news”. 
 

If you make a Hindu and Muslim debate about their religions, it would just be an ego competition to prove who is better. Both sides won’t accept the faults in their religion, both would trigger the other religion, and there is nothing to be gained from the debate except possible riots and problems. 

But you are not atheist if you are supporting one side over the other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

But you are not atheist if you are supporting one side over the other.

And we all ought to get life lessons from the likes of Ricky Gervais and Bill Maher. Western  atheists talk of theists from a monotheistic prism and have no understanding of dharma Desi atheists ape and get inspired.

 

Hindus: All religions are same and good

Atheists: All religions are same and evil

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

But you are not atheist if you are supporting one side over the other.

I don’t. It seems like that here because this forum is predominantly Right wing and my arguments most of the time is with Right wing Hindus. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Hindus: All religions are same and good

Wait, weren’t you calling Muslims as Jihadis yesterday and said that Nupur was spitting facts about Mohammed? :phehe: so by your definition, you are not an Hindu. Nice 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s not about can or should they.

 

The atheist identity is all

about disproving god so they in turn end up thinking more about god then the religious folk.

 

The guy lighting a diya and putting a tilak and going to work or the guy who is doing namaz regularly gets on with their life either side of it on most days but the Atheist who has a superior sense of themselves  wants to ironically have their own “crusades” against organized religion which has existed since humans became humans.

 

fk atheists. Don’t like them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ash said:

Wait, weren’t you calling Muslims as Jihadis yesterday and said that Nupur was spitting facts about Mohammed? :phehe: so by your definition, you are not an Hindu. Nice 

But that's written in their books. Also Dharm isn't defined by what it's followers say and do but by it's scriptures and reforms. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...