Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - Discussion Thread

This series is being ignored on here but it has had some terrific moments already. this from the 3rd t20i. Probably earns Shanaka a well deserved ipl contract.

Very clutch innings by Maxwell in the 1st odi in a close, rain affected game without which they would have almost certainly lost.

And SL winning the last one by defending a low total. Crowds and atmosphere also has been great whenever I've tuned in. Guess the people there really need this distraction.

Edited by rollingstoned
56 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

This series is being ignored on here but it has had some terrific moments already. this from the 3rd t20i. Probably earns Shanaka a well deserved ipl contract.

Very clutch innings by Maxwell in the 1st odi in a close, rain affected game without which they would have almost certainly lost.

And SL winning the last one by defending a low total. Crowds and atmosphere also has been great whenever I've tuned in. Guess the people there really need this distraction.

Has been terrific viewing so far much better than Ind v SA series I'd say.   Their U19 skipper Wellalage looks like a real all round talent.  Crowd has been amazing. 

K mendis is too much of a hit or miss batsman.  On his day, he will win matches single handedly.   Nissanka looks more accomplished and can stay longer.  I think,  SL hv some exciting youngsters coming up, and their cricket could revive if they stick to these sort of players.  

Could be SL first ODI series win vs Aus since 1992.  They are doing it without Hasaranga makes it even more remarkable. 

They will be a dark horse come WT20...  Lot of their batters on their day can beat top sides & dare I say these guys play pace better than our Indian & Pakistani batters too.  Some shots of Nissanka & Mendis were literally top draw. 

3 hours ago, raki05 said:

This K Mendis always back in form against Australia....i remember when Smith was performing at goat level in test with Starc and all were consistently using sand paper this K Mendis guy single-handedly scewed Australians in test series.

kusal likes hammering the cheaters. he seems to lose motivation against weaker or cleaner teams.

48 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

Today Asalanka is giving it back to the Aussies. Every match there is at least one youngster who is performing for SL..

Series has been entertaining overall..no dull matches.

SL might have to play qualifiers still...  This series isn't part of super league. 

32 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

Sri Lanka gonna get a 3-1 lead today ? This is how they used to thump teams at home, even the stronger opposition teams.

Looks unlikey right now.    SL hv picked 4 spinners.   This plan could backfire as 2 of them are already getting smashed all over.