Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, Majestic said:

Smith hasn't been the same in last 2 years. He probably still has in him to hit a 100 on Sydney type wickets but the signs of fall is visible. 

10k runs at 55 < 15K runs at 53

Smith was a bit fortunate to not face bumrah shami sitaj ishant in tandem at their peaks prior to 2021. In 2018, I am certain the peak attack of india would have tamed him. He will still average ok but not 50 plus. It will be 40-42. 

But that's no knock on him. That's just how good the bowling is. Same way kohli would have averaged 30 had he faced the Indian attack. 

Edited by Jay
2 hours ago, Jay said:

Smith was a bit fortunate to not face bumrah shami sitaj ishant in tandem at their peaks prior to 2021. In 2018, I am certain the peak attack of india would have tamed him. He will still average ok but not 50 plus. It will be 40-42. 

But that's no knock on him. That's just how good the bowling is. Same way kohli would have averaged 30 had he faced the Indian attack. 

Smith has been fortunate to play home matches mostly in last 2-3 years. He played a series in Pakistan but luckily those were on flat wickets too. He will get tested really hard if he tours SEN and India now.

3 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Smith has been fortunate to play home matches mostly in last 2-3 years. He played a series in Pakistan but luckily those were on flat wickets too. He will get tested really hard if he tours SEN and India now.

yea rabada is a huge problem for him and jansen now. even in his prime, rabada was a problem for him. 40 is max for him there on average

i think he will smash kiwi trundlers in kiwi land. he does well there when the team needs him to. 50 plus. yes i know he struggled vs wagner in australia but match was already won.

english bowlers will get toasted i reckon again in england. this potts etc aint doing anything. 50 average i reckon.

yea indian attack is a problem. 40 max average if he faces a peak attack of bumrah shami siraj. in 2023 it will be siraj bumrah and probalby prasidh or umesh. deadly pace in those conditions. 

4 hours ago, Majestic said:

yes a huge advantage he has on other 3, williamson, root and kohli home condition has been tough to score runs 

There was a time when these angrezi teams uses to piss themselves when touring the subcontinent but now our useless neighbors (on all three sides) are just so pathetic that they keep getting mauled by them. :facepalm:

New Zealand won against Pakistan in 2018 and drew 1-1 in sri Lanka. 

England won 3-0 and 2-0 on their last two tours to SL. 

Australia have won in Pakistan and now will most likely win in Sri Lanka. 

A third grade West Indies side won 2-0 in Bangladesh. 

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

There was a time when these angrezi teams uses to piss themselves when touring the subcontinent but now our useless neighbors (on all three sides) are just so pathetic that they keep getting mauled by them. :facepalm:

Yeah,  Monty and Swan was it? Who did that to the Indians not long ago.

Our batsman(subcont) has forgotten to play quality spin in the conquest of breeding fast bowlers?

1 minute ago, afan said:

Yeah,  Monty and Swan was it? Who did that to the Indians not long ago.

Our batsman(subcont) has forgotten to play quality spin in the conquest of breeding fast bowlers?

Not long ago? That was a decade ago bhai jaan. 

I'm talking last 3-4 years. 

22 minutes ago, Norman said:

Yes except BD these countries are now suffering from economic collapse.  No wonder first world countries with their much superior infrastructure are now dominating them. 

Aussies would be hard to beat even in India. 

30 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Embuldeniya was a big let down for Lankans.  He was supposed to be Herath's successor. 

This Cam green is a massive asset for Aus.  Allows them to play a extra spinner.   He had a good showing in Pak & now here as well.  Amazing talent. 

Yea I remember saying vreen was as good as their past greats like Martyn etc in peepee they laughed Lel. 

This Aussie team we beat is their second best team of all time. 

56 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yea I remember saying vreen was as good as their past greats like Martyn etc in peepee they laughed Lel. 

This Aussie team we beat is their second best team of all time. 

Pee Pee folks are clueless it was a pretty strong Aussie side no doubt. 

Had we played with similar ambition & fight we could have won in SA as well.  It would have equalled Steve Waugh's side for sure then.  

3 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Pee Pee folks are clueless it was a pretty strong Aussie side no doubt. 

Had we played with similar ambition & fight we could have won in SA as well.  It would have equalled Steve Waugh's side for sure then.  

Yea no motivation vs saffers. Such a shame. Yea this Aussies side is their second best of all time after punters side. 

Some guy keeps on harping Bumrah did this in Australia 2018 and that in Australia 2020. What exactly did he do in Australia in 2020. He did take 4 wickets in an innings once. In which world is it called great bowling.2018  he did well but they did not have Smith and Warner. So let us hold horses on Bumrah this and Bumrah that till he does something. 

In what fricking world Bumrah is better than Cummins.

Edited by putrevus