Match Thread - Ind vs SA - 1st T20I - Delhi - 9th June

30 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Bro, knowing our Indian team management, they will most likely go with two spin options let alone none. A wrist spinner is key to T20 success and Yuzi is best we have now.

kuldeep better bet on oz pitches. even though a diff format, he did well on a flat track in sydney

28 minutes ago, PSB_Zone said:

Deepak chahar is the only trudler we can afford in the playing x1 and that too because he will bat at number 8.

Rest 2 or 3 should be out an out pacers. 

Deepak/umran/Bumrah/Mohsin

Left armer for variety

no place for trundlers. not even one in Oz. Playing 1 trundler in NZ, Eng, or SA is fine

8 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Moshin khan was totally robbed. India desperately needed a left arm seam option. Even Khaleel had some pace this season.

khaleel is very impressive. he gets bounce, has decent pace, and can swing the ball.

I don't watch such bilaterals but got into this because of new players (and no Rohit-Kohli :yawn2:) !

A good game of cricket esp. the RVD-Miller p'ship. SA deserving winners. As for Ind, there are a few areas of improvement:

• Kishan-S Iyer helped themselves with a big over off a spinner, otherwise struggled a bit esp. against pace
  • Bhuvi(if there is no swing and/or wear in the wkt)-Harshal-Axar attack is pretty much toothless 

I don't like to waste my time on making too many 11s but Malik needs to be given a slot in. He may go for runs too but can change a game with a threatening spell too - Ind was 1-2 wkts away from a win

Edited by zen
8 minutes ago, zen said:

I don't watch such bilaterals but got into this because of new players (and no Rohit-Kohli :yawn2:) !

A good game of cricket esp. the RVD-Miller p'ship. SA deserving winners. As for Ind, there were a few areas of improvement:

• Kishan-S Iyer helped themselves with a big over off a spinner, otherwise struggled a bit esp. against pace
  • Bhuvi(if there is no swing and/or wear in the wkt)-Harshal-Axar attack is pretty much toothless 

I don't like to waste my time of making too many 11s but Malik needs to be given a slot in. He may go for runs too but can change a game with a threatening spell too - Ind was 1-2 wkts away from a win

agreed with both. iyer in particular has a real scoring issue with short balls directed into the body, and ishan is not far behind in this issue either. bowling was too homogeneous and toothless

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

agreed with both. iyer in particular has a real scoring issue with short balls directed into the body, and ishan is not far behind in this issue either. bowling was too homogeneous and toothless

IIRC, Kishan even said that he thought that 150 would be a good total at some point ... Shows how unidimensional these cricketers can be as they do not even account for pitch easing out, dew, short boundaries, etc. 

There is noway Ishan is an international batsman as of now .He stinks against fast bowling, he was literally late on every ball. Rahul is 100 times better than this guy. Ageing Rohit is still better against fast bowling than Ishan.Same is the case with Iyer. Both of them have to improve a lot against fast bowling.

Just now, zen said:

IIRC, Kishan even said that he thought that 150 would be a good total at some point ... Shows how unidimensional these cricketers can be as they do not even account for pitch easing out, dew, short boundaries, etc. 

it's because they only train their bodies endlessly at the gym. I wonder if any of them are trained in cricket strategies & tactics, history, pitch assessment, etc. For a long time, the upcoming players have struck me as being rather mentally... negligible, to use a word that Jeeves applied to Wooster (for those fans of P. G. Wodehouse, the writer)

Just now, putrevus said:

There is noway Ishan is an international batsman as of now .He stinks against fast bowling, he was literally late on every ball. Rahul is 100 times better than this guy. Ageing Rohit is still better against fast bowling than Ishan.Same is the case with Iyer. Both of them have to improve a lot against fast bowling.

iyer is as bad, if not worse, than kishan. Rahul is mentally weak, but is certainly much more gifted than either

8 minutes ago, Vijy said:

iyer is as bad, if not worse, than kishan. Rahul is mentally weak, but is certainly much more gifted than either

Iyer is also worse, I thought he was better but if he is struggling on these Indian pitches , he will be toast in Australia.Rahul has all the tools but as you correctly pointed out, he is a mental midget.

8 minutes ago, Vijy said:

it's because they only train their bodies endlessly at the gym. I wonder if any of them are trained in cricket strategies & tactics, history, pitch assessment, etc. For a long time, the upcoming players have struck me as being rather mentally... negligible, to use a word that Jeeves applied to Wooster (for those fans of P. G. Wodehouse, the writer)

Our team is going to be not dissimilar to the Pakistani one with dehati paindus. I feel background has a lot to do with it even if that sounds mildly elitist. Shreyas Iyer and Ashwin are exceptions. Then again we had someone like Dhoni who was an absolute natural at tactics and leadership along with being very astute. 

As for this game I was satisfied with the batting performance. I don't think we would have gotten that score with Rahul, Rohit and Kohli in the team and they looked to be batting freely. Kishan had some luck initially but made it count. Avesh came back well after conceding 15 in the first over and bhuvi also actually had an okay game. I did feel wth a few on xperienced players against a very good S African team we would do well to beat them and it looks like that will be the case. 

I feel if Pandya was captaining we might have won it, he seems to have a feel for it judging by what we saw in the ipl. 

6 hours ago, nitinbwj said:

Pandya scored fluently for his 11 ball 30. Kishan's hitting also surprised me as he has been out of sorts for quite some time. Harshal Patel bowled some horror balls though. Never seen him bowl so badly.. :wall:

Kick this bhuvi out already... 

Miller back to his killer best... :afraid: and he is hitting spin and fast bowling out of the park. If SA can sort out their selections, they will be a hard team to beat. 

Good to see this late career purle patch of Uber clutchness ala Klusener from Miller. He was guilty of having not done justice to his talent but seems to have found a new wind now. 

4 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Our team is going to be not dissimilar to the Pakistani one with dehati paindus. I feel background has a lot to do with it even if that sounds mildly elitist. Shreyas Iyer and Ashwin are exceptions. Then again we had someone like Dhoni who was an absolute natural at tactics and leadership along with being very astute. 

As for this game I was satisfied with the batting performance. I don't think we would have gotten that score with Rahul, Rohit and Kohli in the team and they looked to be batting freely. Kishan had some luck initially but made it count. Avesh came back well after conceding 15 in the first over and bhuvi also actually had an okay game. I did feel wth a few on xperienced players against a very good S African team we would do well to beat them and it looks like that will be the case. 

I feel if Pandya was captaining we might have won it, he seems to have a feel for it judging by what we saw in the ipl. 

Ashwin overthinks things and also has a rather high opinion of himself; otherwise, I agree he is quite brainy. Have not seen enough of Iyer, but some of his batting and captaincy struck me as quite silly.

6 hours ago, Mesky99 said:

Indian selectors and management will not learn, a attack of bhuvi, harshal and avesh is as harmless as Praveen Kumar, munaf and Vinay Kumar, the so called skill set of bhuvi is virtually found in every t20 trundler, I was skeptical about harshal, he got lined up easily, we need pace, no way Pretorius would have played that cameo against umran, prasidh or mohsin, a couple of deliveries into his body short pitch stuff, he would eventually backed away and launched one into the air, avesh is average and will remain so. Another series, another chance wasted to bring in a real combination of bowlers, selectors are bunch of fools but it seems like the so called  wall is a bit of a we trust process Buffon himself, who the hell assembles a attack of 5'9"-6'0" Max 140kph seamers at the kotla like what the hell man.

Dravid also is unable to utilised resources he has. Mark my word Bhuvi bhaiya will play all matches only other bowlers will be revolve and Umran will get chance only in 1-2 matches at Max. I mean these morons start criticizing fast bowlers if the go for runs saying speed is not everything now what about Bhuvi and harshal so called line and length trundle have been shown their aukaat.