Match Thread - Ind vs SA - 1st T20I - Delhi - 9th June

7 hours ago, Vijy said:

no place for trundlers. not even one in Oz. Playing 1 trundler in NZ, Eng, or SA is fine

Nha one Faulkner or Neesham like trundler is fine. It's needed. Watson slightly faster than a trundler would be good. We don't have one in that mould who can bat barring thakur. 

If I was in the selections board I would pick this:

Tou don't need a *ing spinner. Trust me. You do not need a spinner barring maybe a very good leg spinner. You don't have a good leg spinner. Wrist spinner I mean then forget about it. Just forget about it. When I say good I mean like warning, Murali level. Chahal won't cut it. Kuldeep is an interesting option. He is talented. But imo we should go with this. This is a winning combo. WC winning combo. 

Panduu at 6

Thakuraa at 7

Chaharaaa at 8

Umranaa at 9

Prasidh at 10

Bumrah at 11

Forget about spinner. If management is so desperate for a good spinner then only stick with kuldeep. But who will you remove? Prasidh can't bat. Kuldeep can't bat. Bumrah can't bat. The number 9 needs to bat. So ummie out for kuldeep?   

7 hours ago, Vijy said:

iyer is as bad, if not worse, than kishan. Rahul is mentally weak, but is certainly much more gifted than either

Rather have mentally strong but limited players over a phattu markalouda mental midget like ro ko and Rahul. Anyday. All day. Play Rahul only in the MO otherwise he can go eat his yoghurt rice with sunil shetty at home. 

6 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

Our team is going to be not dissimilar to the Pakistani one with dehati paindus. I feel background has a lot to do with it even if that sounds mildly elitist. Shreyas Iyer and Ashwin are exceptions. Then again we had someone like Dhoni who was an absolute natural at tactics and leadership along with being very astute. 

As for this game I was satisfied with the batting performance. I don't think we would have gotten that score with Rahul, Rohit and Kohli in the team and they looked to be batting freely. Kishan had some luck initially but made it count. Avesh came back well after conceding 15 in the first over and bhuvi also actually had an okay game. I did feel wth a few on xperienced players against a very good S African team we would do well to beat them and it looks like that will be the case. 

I feel if Pandya was captaining we might have won it, he seems to have a feel for it judging by what we saw in the ipl. 

SA is dangerous in batting. 

Qdk

Markram

Miller

Van der dussen

Even guys like pretorious

They can all hit big and smash 6s. 

We have ? Pandya and maybe pant who is over weight. No one else can hit 6s with ease. 

6 hours ago, Vijy said:

Ashwin overthinks things and also has a rather high opinion of himself; otherwise, I agree he is quite brainy. Have not seen enough of Iyer, but some of his batting and captaincy struck me as quite silly.

I dont believe ash is smart at all. He is at best a book worm.

Did not watch match completely but didn't bhubi gave only couple of runs in his first 2 overs? missed some great entertainment later. Hope he doesn't gets unfit now like his master 'kane williamson' both have habit of missing important matches all of sudden for their country (not ipl) & both have good guy image.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

SA is dangerous in batting. 

Qdk

Markram

Miller

Van der dussen

Even guys like pretorious

They can all hit big and smash 6s. 

We have ? Pandya and maybe pant who is over weight. No one else can hit 6s with ease. 

SKY

DK