2nd T20I (N), Cuttack, June 12, 2022, South Africa v India 7:00 PM IST

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Not much difference. Same Rabada/Nortje bowled in the IPL on the same grounds. T20 can make you look worse than you are given that your role can make you do silly things. Having said that you must try to be reasonably consistent to be in consideration. 

This has happened multiple times with foreign players who are average in IPL do quite good in internationals. Reverse is true for Indian players. Remember what steyn said "IPL is like a paid vacation".

2 minutes ago, Pollack said:

T20 is for batsmen who score at a high strike rate, doesnt matter if they have a good technique. See how conventional batsmen struggle in t20 when they are not at peak.

so far, Ishan is doing alright. I am more pissed about slowpoke Iyer and the non-performing gaikwad; I will admit I had high hopes for latter

Just now, Vijy said:

so far, Ishan is doing alright. I am more pissed about slowpoke Iyer and the non-performing gaikwad; I will admit I had high hopes for latter

Gaikwad is worth a try in ODIs maybe in future if he still keeps performing in IPL and other tournaments.

Just now, Pollack said:

This has happened multiple times with foreign players who are average in IPL do quite good in internationals. Reverse is true for Indian players. Remember what steyn said "IPL is like a paid vacation".

The reason they don't do well in IPL because they will be facing foreign hitters. Not because it is a paid vacation. Steyn was obliterated by ABDV in one of the match.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

The reason they don't do well in IPL because they will be facing foreign hitters. Not because it is a paid vacation. Steyn was obliterated by ABDV in one of the match.

I dont think foreign pace bowlers give it their all in IPL.

4 minutes ago, Lord said:

He isnt the captain. When he was,young pacers regularly played.

Trundlers have been playing under Shastri too

But one dimensional cutter bowlers like Harshal have found new lifeline under him. 

Shastri at least backed D Chahar & Shardul (who was supposed to be 140kph)  and Khaleel. 

Edited by Lone Wolf