Why are our Legendary IPL Bowlers failing so miserably in the T20 Internationals?

28 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

It shud be but look at these two surfaces , australia men aisa kuch nhin hoga. 

N again results of bilateral have never impacted wc. In a short game anyone can win on any day. We all know how zimb won against mighty aussies in 2007 wc t20. 

Before last t20 wc we won t20 series everywhere - sa, aus , eng, nz , wi 

Aus came in that wc with 5 straight series losses. In the end who won ? 

These pitches are worst to take any call for tht wc in aus. Maharashtra pitches in IPL were lil closer to Aus pitches. 

Yesterday pitch made u wanna have players like bavuma n bhuvi in ur team.

As I said earlier,  I am not bothered about the results of these games.  

But Team and Squad selection has to be with the WC in mind.

Your point about the pitches is well taken, but to mould the team for such pitches won't serve any purpose with the bigger goal in mind. 

And I am not sure that these bowler selections are based on these pitches either. A look at the full squad gives a good indication of that 

Edited by express bowling
4 hours ago, anish2tweet said:

So you say give rest to Bumrah. That is what they have done and see what happened.

No. I’m saying move away from Bumrah and don’t rely on him for every match/format India plays. Just because Dale Steyn was a gun bowler, RSA did not squeeze his talent in every format; instead they recognized a format where his skill set could be maximized, I.e. Tests. 

Lack of ability, how many times did the likes of avesh, harshal actually get batsmen out with their skill set or on the defence? They both get cheap wickets and make use out of pressure created from the other end, avesh had chameera, Mohsin, bishnoi all creating pressure and winning matches, it becomes a lot more easier then chip with a cheap 32-2 in four overs. Need wicket takers and at max one defensive option.

One thing for sure the way ipl media right auction is going on. Whole Pakistani are on melt down, those @$$ holes jealous Pakistanis are hell bent to proof that indian economy is doing marginally better than Pakistan....lol I read somewhere in terms of cash reserve they were  competing with afg. Now calling out on india performance reality is ipl and international cricket are 2 distinct thing ipl is largely their to boost money in Indian cricket and free bcci from icc clout. It also pump young cricketer for t20 format but it's not the primary job of ipl.

On 6/13/2022 at 3:55 PM, Mesky99 said:

Lack of ability, how many times did the likes of avesh, harshal actually get batsmen out with their skill set or on the defence? They both get cheap wickets and make use out of pressure created from the other end, Need wicket takers and at max one defensive option.

This is the key point I look for in a bowler.

Bumrah, Shami, Prasidh, Siraj, Umran and Tyagi have this ability. Which is why they are the true wicket takers. 

Too many pacers, who take wickets when batters try to hit, are getting into Team India. 

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah, Shami, Prasidh, Siraj, Umran and Tyagi have this ability. Which is why they are the true wicket takers. 

Too many pacers, who take wickets when batters try to hit, are getting into Team India. 

We simply can't go wrong with selection when the world cup is just down the corner, we have had three home series before this, we should by now know what kind of squad we need for the world cup but we are still far away from a ideal team, god knows what happens once kohli and rohit are back. 

17 hours ago, Mesky99 said:

We simply can't go wrong with selection when the world cup is just down the corner, we have had three home series before this, we should by now know what kind of squad we need for the world cup but we are still far away from a ideal team, god knows what happens once kohli and rohit are back. 

Lol forget about t20 Wc. I just hope we pick umran prasidh and bumrah for pakistam and kick their ass. Rest I dont care. Oh and piece of **** kiwis. By any chance if we get through to semis, I want us to absolutely butcher them. 

Apart from these 2 games I couldn't care less about the title. Let's just focus on tests and odi WC.

Edited by Jay
40 minutes ago, Jay said:

Lol forget about t20 Wc. I just hope we pick umran prasidh and bumrah for pakistam and kick their ass. Rest I dont care. Oh and piece of **** kiwis. By any chance if we get through to semis, I want us to absolutely butcher them. 

Apart from these 2 games I couldn't care less about the title. Let's just focus on tests and odi WC.

If we do pick umran, prasidh and bumrah that would be the proper awakening of India fast bowling but I don't see it happening tbh.

On 6/13/2022 at 2:33 PM, Norman said:

IPL is nowhere close to international quality that the the top 6 teams bring in. Gujarat Titans or Rajasthan royals can only beat the likes of Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan in a 3 match series. They'll get rinsed by all others pretty bad. 

Just increase foreign quota to 5, international T20 will be long gone and IPL is heading there already

On 6/13/2022 at 7:55 PM, Mesky99 said:

Lack of ability, how many times did the likes of avesh, harshal actually get batsmen out with their skill set or on the defence? They both get cheap wickets and make use out of pressure created from the other end, avesh had chameera, Mohsin, bishnoi all creating pressure and winning matches, it becomes a lot more easier then chip with a cheap 32-2 in four overs. Need wicket takers and at max one defensive option.

Great post.

There are wickets and then there are wickets.

Cheap wickets are meaningless when there are major stakes on the line like a World Cup.

19 hours ago, express bowling said:

Correct.

Put the run rate per over to win a match at over 20 and you and I are at opposite ends bowling for India and we are likely to capture a wicket, through batsmen going for 6s.:laugh:

In all seriousness, we need 3 elite quality pace bowlers for Australia. No Boobi and while Hardik can bowl he is meant to fill in and not part of this elite three that we need.

We need wicket taking bowlers, trying for containment in international matches where we have average bowlers are going to cost us games and the World Cup.

Australia at their peak had 3-4 quality pace bowlers, then when it was time for them to rest, they had their greatest weapon ever to bowl next....... Warne.

On 6/15/2022 at 3:15 PM, SRT100 said:

Correct.

Put the run rate per over to win a match at over 20 and you and I are at opposite ends bowling for India and we are likely to capture a wicket, through batsmen going for 6s.:laugh:

In all seriousness, we need 3 elite quality pace bowlers for Australia. No Boobi and while Hardik can bowl he is meant to fill in and not part of this elite three that we need.

We need wicket taking bowlers, trying for containment in international matches where we have average bowlers are going to cost us games and the World Cup.

Australia at their peak had 3-4 quality pace bowlers, then when it was time for them to rest, they had their greatest weapon ever to bowl next....... Warne.

need to have 3 proper wicket taking fast bowlers and 1 proper wicket taking spinner. ergo, no boobi, harshal, shardul, deepak, sundar, ashwin, jaddu, axar.

Hard to look at Harshal's T20I record and say he is a failure. 18 wickets at 18.61 with economy of 8.13 in 13 games. The guy is a proven wicket-taker and this is absolutely crucial in T20 to have in your team. The economy of 8.13 is hardly that high either. It is not like Unadkat who would seemingly buy wickets through getting hit around regularly. Just a shame to see Avesh preferred to Arshdeep or Umran as I think both are better. With Umran, I think people should be patient - even though I'd have played him, it is clear team management wants to blood him into the setup in the right way.