Agnipath scheme unveiled: Govt unveils radical changes in recruitment of soldiers

Singh bling

20 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

So blasphemy for Muslims = Farm laws / Govt jobs for Hindus. 

Hindus have also great capability for violence. Would be interesting what happens if govt jobs are given with priority to Muslims. Blasphemy meets betrayal. 

Yup everyone is on street asking for beheading of PM and defence minister 

29 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

As I wrote only those who have seen army life know what i mean by painting trees. What do you think 14L army men  are doing right now ? Did you think all are standing on border with gun in hand pointed towards china or Pakistan ?  Sadly and shamefully 10% are right now walking dogs. Someone who joins army as sepoy could be eligible for lifetime pension at 36.

I have seen army life for 2 decades and I completely disagree with you. It is derogatory to say they paint trees. You have no idea.

If that really is the job, then why this scheme. No need to hire at all.

Edited by HamHindustani

19 minutes ago, HamHindustani said:

I have seen army life for 2 decades and I completely disagree with you. It is derogatory to say they paint trees. You have no idea.

If that really is the job, then why this scheme. No need to hire at all.

That is not the job. That is what they have to do - esp in non-border states or peace time areas. They also double up as watchmen, drivers, ppl that accompany bunty and pinky while they play in the playground etc.

The colonels and brigadiers treat the jawans like servants. Not uncommon to see them work as glorified servants. You need to visit cantonment areas to see how they really live. Lots of them in Bangalore.

26 minutes ago, bharathh said:

That is not the job. That is what they have to do - esp in non-border states or peace time areas. They also double up as watchmen, drivers, ppl that accompany bunty and pinky while they play in the playground etc.

The colonels and brigadiers treat the jawans like servants. Not uncommon to see them work as glorified servants. You need to visit cantonment areas to see how they really live. Lots of them in Bangalore.

Bangalore is hardly an example for an Army cant. Its not even an Army command. You will do good to visit any other Command and see what these guys do. what is your point though. these people should be hired then because they are not needed in the army?

2 hours ago, speedheat said:

These are qualified students unlike 5th grader fenku. They have definite reason to protest. But damaging public property is wrong i agree. 

Can you once have a civilised debate without mentioning the word 'Fenku'? Seems your obsession with him is so much that maybe every night you get off in the bathroom chanting Modi's name..

Anyway this political decision in regards to the Army needed to have a structured debate about its pros and cons and the eventual outcome would be in the ling term operational design of the Indian army. It is a fact that maybe because of the generous benefits of the Army we have a standing one of almost a 1 million soldiers which we need with neighbours like Pak and China.

There is also a balance to be had about where investments are made in the list of priorities. Many western governments are trimming down their Armed forces and investing more on defence technology like drones for example which means same no of air force pilots are not needed. No one in india is forced to join the Army, it is a choice. In my opinion that a part of the Army should be based on the old model where long term recruitment is done for core regiments which we need for operational and defence capabilities BUT also have a part would be on a short term conscription model where young las/lasses get some discipline in their lives as well as provide the numbers needed for the Army at any given point to have a operational capability. To those who are opposing it, what would be a better alternative to save money in bloated pensions and to rather invest it in better technology in the army because at the moment there is money for only 1, no wonder it takes years and years to modernise the Indian armed forces.

There are two stakeholders here, ones in the Army and ones in the taxpayers. MAYBE the better alternative is to ensure more people in the country pay their fair share of tax rather then hiding/evading it and then we can enough money for Army AND investment in infrastructure/healthcare/jobs

33 minutes ago, bharathh said:

Doubt he will understand 

32 minutes ago, HamHindustani said:

Bangalore is hardly an example for an Army cant. Its not even an Army command. You will do good to visit any other Command and see what these guys do. what is your point though. these people should be hired then because they are not needed in the army?

Really? 

Ok .. I guess only you know how the army works :)

Cheers.

2 hours ago, HamHindustani said:

The applicants define who wants the jobs. Not the positions filled. While jobs may be 5600 about a lakh may be applying for these.

The reaction again is by 5%. About 95% are sitting at homes and wondering what **** the government has thrown on them.

Metrics in terms of how many people does this move affect. That cannot be a percentage of the population. There may be  state where there are 100 people but only 10 people get recruited. There may be a state which has 5 people but 1may be recruited. per lakh is more in the second , but more are affected in the former.

Your data is 100% correct about 5600 Army recruitment vacancies were opened up in UP in 2017-18 cycle. 

3 hours ago, HamHindustani said:

The applicants define who wants the jobs. Not the positions filled. While jobs may be 5600 about a lakh may be applying for these.

The reaction again is by 5%. About 95% are sitting at homes and wondering what **** the government has thrown on them.

Metrics in terms of how many people does this move affect. That cannot be a percentage of the population. There may be  state where there are 100 people but only 10 people get recruited. There may be a state which has 5 people but 1may be recruited. per lakh is more in the second , but more are affected in the former.

I see... What an interesting take on demand and supply. Have you published yet? 

For someone that knows a lot about the army you don't seem to know how jawan recruiting works. 

Edited by bharathh

India's bigger issue is unemployability than unemployment. And this scheme aims to tackle that.

A  possibly 10th passout has nothing, and comes with weak skills, weak ethics and this aims to give them a window of opportunity. They can develop new skills, create a well-branded suitable resume and have money as lump sum. Eventually, they can become job creators, not just seekers.

This scheme needs to be successful for India's sake, and be the benchmark for future similar schemes.