Agnipath scheme unveiled: Govt unveils radical changes in recruitment of soldiers

Singh bling

2 hours ago, kepler37b said:

For just a 4 year service, lifelong medical support in absence of permanent disability is NOT economical.

Offer medical insurance for the next 4-5 years and let the candidate decide.

And let US not even think of early retirement for jawans. That will bloat the pension budget further.

As I already said, practically may work but morally wrong. PTSD can also be there without any physical disability. 

the scheme as of now would definitely not motivate the youth, hence the backlash. There are things that can be added to make this more appealing 

1) Free medical and psychological treatment for life

2) Assured reservation quota in Govt and private Jobs. 10-15 percent maybe

3) Assured Quota in educational institutions 

4)Increase the eligibility age limit for agniveers for all govt jobs 

5) Free land or house under pmay scheme

The reservation quota should become a law, not paper assurance like what the govt tried with farm laws.

Edited by ash

23 minutes ago, ash said:

As I already said, practically may work but morally wrong. PTSD can also be there without any physical disability. 

the scheme as of now would definitely not motivate the youth, hence the backlash. There are things that can be added to make this more appealing 

1) Free medical and psychological treatment for life

2) Assured reservation quota in Govt and private Jobs. 10-15 percent maybe

3) Assured Quota in educational institutions 

4)Increase the eligibility age limit for agniveers for all govt jobs 

5) Free land or house under pmay scheme

The reservation quota should become a law, not paper assurance like what the govt tried with farm laws.

4 and 5 are good. 1 can be worked out. But 2 and 3 will largely remain a political rhetoric.

7 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Of course, it is money savings for the exchequer. We want MSP, want tax breaks for middle class, want freebies like free electricity, water for city folk, want to fund HDI through reservations. Where can money come from for modern tech for warfare? When Kargil, 26/11 or  Galwan happened, the first thing you all cried was we don’t have good weapons!

25% of new recruits  would serve after 4 years . Rest have a severance package of 12 lakhs.  They can choose what skills they want to get in 4 yrs.

Instead, these 10th-pass want to have monthly salary for 20 years and want to do sundry jobs. That’s their idea of life 

India has seen worst economic crisis where almost Foreign exchange was over yet no such schemes were introduced at that time . So by your logic BJP is failure as even after collecting lakhs of crore from fuel tax they can't give pension

Also this year government is forcing farmers to sell on msp as international price was high and farmers were selling it to private traders . What government do , banned export. Stop portraying msp as freebie 

37 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

4 and 5 are good. 1 can be worked out. But 2 and 3 will largely remain a political rhetoric.

2 and 3 gives some stability , without that the scheme will not pass. 

6 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

How do you know? Your hunch?

Yup. unexpected protests in BJP strongholds, previous history of scrapping farm laws , 2024 elections, unrest among youth. Would be difficult to pass this, let’s see.

1 minute ago, ash said:

Yup. unexpected protests in BJP strongholds, previous history of scrapping farm laws , 2024 elections, unrest among youth. Would be difficult to pass this, let’s see.

I am not a fan of this bill either. It goes directly against our cultural values. 

But there should be something done to reduce the pension bill.

1 hour ago, kepler37b said:

I am not a fan of this bill either. It goes directly against our cultural values. 

But there should be something done to reduce the pension bill.

so making financial efficiencies in the army = destroying cultural values?

spacer.png

I do wish we had couple of fascists in this govt. In Modi, we thought we elected a Sehwag, but actually he is dhoni. He weighs opportunities and risks all the time and act like poker player. Too detached. These folks should crushed with an iron fist and made to grovel. 

I've never seen one mention of budget planning among the Congis, AAPtards, Khalistanis, Tambi Eelamites, Communists etc on this forum. Maybe they don't contribute much to the national kitty but it wouldn't hurt to learn where our hard earned tax goes, the top areas are debt repayments and defence. MORE THAN HALF OF DEFENCE BUDGET GOES TO SALARY & PENSIONS!!! Does one counter fifth gen fighters, aircraft carriers and drones with pension?

There is not a single mention from this 'basket of deplorables' on how the defence budget can be optimized, just following their universal philosophy for every problem "hey govt, humko paise do, paise do :hitler:" whether it is for migrant workers, farmers, army men or even illegals from neighboring countries. However, the country cannot function that way when so much is already being spent on interest payments and pensions. Sure, other areas also warrant attention, none of which register with their non existent intellect. 

Inside-article5-Union-Budget-2022-23-Key

26764.jpeg

Edited by Clarke

2 hours ago, Clarke said:

Disappointed that the JCB scheme hasn't been implemented for the criminals who burnt crores worth of public & private property. 

Sometimes I think the RW here is really naive and don’t understand what is happening in the country. 

25 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Here’s what you are supporting and cheering for …

Terrorists wearing backpacks are not students or army aspirants 

I am not supporting this. I am saying there is a reason why JCB was used in Nupur Sharma case but not here.