India’s squad for T20I series against Ireland announced, Hardik named as Captain

16 minutes ago, Majestic said:

How many games vs Ireland? I thought it was one T20.

2,  after this team will go to england for t20 series so most likely that squad wud be a mix of players that are already their and this squad. I think they play 2 warmup t20

Surely no new ones wud be send for england series 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

For Ireland, I would prefer the following 11: 

Rituraj

Samson 

Hooda 

SKY

SDP 

DK 

V Iyer or Tripathi 

Bhuvi 

Harshal or Avesh or Arshdeep 

Umran

Yuzi or Bishnoi 

SDP (2 overs)  + Hooda (1 over) + V Iyer (1 over) = 5th bowler ... if Tripathi plays over V Iyer, SDP-Hooda = 5th bowlers 

Edited by zen
6 hours ago, express bowling said:

Mohsin needed to be picked.

Yes but now that they had picked Arshdeep and Umran in the squad, they would first want to test them and not Mohsin. Mohsin will most likely be in the post 2022 WT20 scheme of things if he replicates the performance next IPL season too.

23 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Arshdeep ko liye ja rahe ho toh atleast play him there,we should know how he fares in national colour

Harshal is just poor man's Hassaan Ali

I would not be surprised if only a few players from this squad join the squad in Eng for the T20 series. If so, those expected to return back to India may not get chances (only 2 games). :dontknow: 

Ruturaj

Kishan

Samson

SKY

Hardik(c)

DK(wkt)

Axar

Harshal

Bhuvi

Avesh/Arshdeep/Umran

Yuzi

Imagine Umran Malik vs Ireland. He would have a good chance to showcase the hostility and aggression he has got. But anyways for the England LOI series, we should have Umran and hence it is better to give him a debut before that.

Edited by Majestic
14 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:
  1. Kishen
  2. Rutu
  3. Samson
  4. SKY
  5. Hardik Pandya 
  6. DK
  7. Axar patel 
  8. Harshal Patel 
  9. Bhuvi 
  10. Arshdeep 
  11. Umran 

Its Ireland, Ek spinner bahut hai although a bowler like bishnoi whom they dont know much about can be an absolute nightmare for them but i dnt see him making the Wc squad so no point 

Surprised to see no Chahal in your squad