Jump to content
Ankit_sharma03

India’s squad for T20I series against Ireland announced, Hardik named as Captain

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Majestic said:

Ruturaj

Kishan

Samson

SKY

Hardik(c)

DK(wkt)

Axar

Harshal

Bhuvi

Avesh/Arshdeep/Umran

Yuzi

 

Imagine Umran Malik vs Ireland. He would have a good chance to showcase the hostility and aggression he has got. But anyways for the England LOI series, we should have Umran and hence it is better to give him a debut before that.

Definately needs to play both those T20s vs Ireland & maybe ODIs vs England. 

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Majestic said:

But anyways for the England LOI series, we should have Umran and hence it is better to give him a debut before that.

that will be his biggest test, apart from morgan n moeen ali none of them can be troubled with geniune pace and those wkts are flat like anything. Those guys currently play express pace better then any 

 

If he gets it right he ll have anyone in trouble, if he gets it wrong they wont leave him 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Samad isn't even on the bench. He isn't even in the conversation anymore lmao.

he was never in conversation for India , just started playing

Rahul tripathi was also never in conversation for India till season where he performed. U cant perform sitting on bench

Link to comment

Ruturaj is getting a much longer rope than Samson - why? Because he won the "orange cap".  Selectors ineed to understand that in T20, its not the guy with the most runs that's always the better option - its the guys like Samson, Shaw who put aside personal landmarks and press the team scoring rate above all else that could be the ones that need to be backed.  

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he was never in conversation for India , just started playing

Rahul tripathi was also never in conversation for India till season where he performed. U cant perform sitting on bench

Samad has been playing since 2020. You were hyping him even before that.

 

Tripathi already had a great debut season for RPS where I think he became the first opener to score 7 consecutive 30+ scores. Had a good season for KKR too. Yet you mocked the idea that he could be picked for the Indian T20 team.

 

This wasn't about being in conversation anyway. It was about future potential and 3 years later Samad isn't anywhere in the conversation while Tripathi got picked in the squad.

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Samad has been playing since 2020. You were hyping him even before that.

 

Tripathi already had a great debut season for RPS where I think he became the first opener to score 7 consecutive 30+ scores. Had a good season for KKR too. Yet you mocked the idea that he could be picked for the Indian T20 team.

 

and then didnt perform for next 3 yrs and teams didnt use him much as an opener coz they realised he has issues against pace n bounce. 

Why wud I take it srsly when ur claim came in 2020 , the season where he failed with a s/r of 127 and avg 23 

 

1 hour ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

This wasn't about being in conversation anyway. It was about future potential and 3 years later Samad isn't anywhere in the conversation while Tripathi got picked in the squad.

Let me jog ur memnory, u wanted him as an opener i said his technique is not good against fast bowler and he was found out against fast bowlers in UAE 

Did he get selected as opener ?? No

I said many better options are avl , got selected only when most of ur main squad was in england for test 

Has he proven his technique at international level ?? Not yet

Ur comparing 2 guys one who didnt even get a chance to a guy who got one. DId Tripathi get selected when he going in n out of XI at KKR ?? No 

 

c5VUv1E.jpg

 

i gave u the numbers why questioned his technique 

BTw u wanted him to open , did he get selected as opener ?? 

 

 

 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

and then didnt perform for next 3 yrs and teams didnt use him much as an opener coz they realised he has issues against pace n bounce. 

False. He moved to Rajasthan the next season and they put him in the middle order though he achieved his success the previous season batting in the powerplay. That was a tactical error on their part and he should've been opening from the start.

 

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Why wud I take it srsly when ur claim came in 2020 , the season where he failed with a s/r of 127 and avg 23 

How many of those matches he played as an opener? Go see for yourself. My point is that he should open so he could make maximum out of the powerplay overs.

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I said many better options are avl , got selected only when most of ur main squad was in england for test 

If that's the case then why didn't Samad make the squad? Where is he after 2 years? This was your statement "dekh lete hai samad khelega India ke liye ya tripathi... tum bhi yahi ho hum bhi yahi" :phehe:

Screenshot_20220616-182556_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a7b275c0a23de13a41106e76eb4325d2.jpg

 

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

 Has he proven his technique at international level ?? Not yet

International level pe bina khele kaise prove karega? You're the one who challenged that Samad will make the Indian team and not Tripathi.

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ur comparing 2 guys one who didnt even get a chance to a guy who got one.

Samad got chance in IPL last 2 years just like Tripathi did. Where is Samad now?

 

Tripathi did well at No. 3 for SRH but he's best opening and making the best of the powerplay overs. Other openers might try to play defensively but he takes risks even early on.

Link to comment
On 6/16/2022 at 5:02 PM, sandeep said:

Ruturaj is getting a much longer rope than Samson - why? Because he won the "orange cap".  Selectors ineed to understand that in T20, its not the guy with the most runs that's always the better option - its the guys like Samson, Shaw who put aside personal landmarks and press the team scoring rate above all else that could be the ones that need to be backed.  

they only go by raw unfiltered stats. no consideration of context, other metrics (e.g., SR), and so on.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

How come you and me as an anonymous poster on a cricket forum can clearly see this and yet these so called experts cannot grasp this simple concept?

because many of the selectors are chosen not on merit but by virtue of cronyism. second, not all selectors come from "educated" background, i.e., they may possess a rudimentary knowledge of statistics (which is a rather complex subject if done correctly)

Link to comment
14 hours ago, Vijy said:

because many of the selectors are chosen not on merit but by virtue of cronyism. second, not all selectors come from "educated" background, i.e., they may possess a rudimentary knowledge of statistics (which is a rather complex subject if done correctly)

 

What really boils my blood is when I watch Cricbuzz on youtube some times and I see the praise of Kohli when he does literally nothing, they talk about how good Dhawan is and his records in WC, etc etc.

 

These are gutless commentators that never call out how bad India's selection policy is.

 

Interestingly, when foreign commentators come on, they absolutely rip India's selection issues apart. They bring balance.

Link to comment
5 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Interestingly, when foreign commentators come on, they absolutely rip India's selection issues apart. They bring balance.

That depends on which channel and which series/tournament they are commentating on. Sky sports is the best in this regard. 

The kind of question Murali Karthik asked Pant as a captain in the post match presentation - how can you improve? do you think teams have found a weakness in your batting? - is something he will never ask Kohli or Hitman.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...