India’s squad for T20I series against Ireland announced, Hardik named as Captain

6 hours ago, SRT100 said:

What really boils my blood is when I watch Cricbuzz on youtube some times and I see the praise of Kohli when he does literally nothing, they talk about how good Dhawan is and his records in WC, etc etc.

These are gutless commentators that never call out how bad India's selection policy is.

Interestingly, when foreign commentators come on, they absolutely rip India's selection issues apart. They bring balance.

cricbuzz and cricinfo are the height of mediocrity. a few decent or good articles here and there with lots of PC sanctimonious stuff and/or shallow analytical articles

20 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

That depends on which channel and which series/tournament they are commentating on. Sky sports is the best in this regard. 

The kind of question Murali Karthik asked Pant as a captain in the post match presentation - how can you improve? do you think teams have found a weakness in your batting? - is something he will never ask Kohli or Hitman.

Kohli's weakness in his batting is only one issue, facing any bowler.

All that is left for Kohli is to be run out without facing a ball.

I may be going out on a limb to try and give TM some credit here, but is it possible that they are strategically looking at the next few months as a single series of matches rather than an individual series against SA, an individual series against Ireland, an individual series against Windies etc?  Thus, they gave one combo 5 full matches to prove themselves, but will make big changes now and give another set of guys (e.g. V. Iyer, Arshdeep, Hooda, Umran, Bishnoi) a place and a long rope to prove themselves over 5-6 matches?  And then put it all together to choose the WCT20 team?  If that is the case, I don't see anything wrong with it.

19 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

I may be going out on a limb to try and give TM some credit here, but is it possible that they are strategically looking at the next few months as a single series of matches rather than an individual series against SA, an individual series against Ireland, an individual series against Windies etc?  Thus, they gave one combo 5 full matches to prove themselves, but will make big changes now and give another set of guys (e.g. V. Iyer, Arshdeep, Hooda, Umran, Bishnoi) a place and a long rope to prove themselves over 5-6 matches?  And then put it all together to choose the WCT20 team?  If that is the case, I don't see anything wrong with it.

In theory this sounds an awesome idea, but we have been following Indian Cricket for years now.

We know in reality, that the stat padders will be back in the team for the WC, Hitman, Dhawan, Kohli, nothing could be more surer. You can already see the BCCI justification by using their stats as the reason why they are preferred.

19 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Don't think this strategy can work. You need to give the final team a good 10-12 matches on a trot to be settled in their position. For. e.g if SKY is in plan to bat at No. 5 then give him all games till the WC at that position. I believe the Ireland series is the last experimental series.

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

In theory this sounds an awesome idea, but we have been following Indian Cricket for years now.

We know in reality, that the stat padders will be back in the team for the WC, Hitman, Dhawan, Kohli, nothing could be more surer. You can already see the BCCI justification by using their stats as the reason why they are preferred.

Way to dampen my positive spirits, bhai :-(.