5th test Ind-Eng , Jul 1-5 Birmingham- pre-match discussion. Who replaces Rohit as captain and opener?

Who replaces Rohit  

12 members have voted

1. 1. As opener

• Pujara
    • Mayank
    • Vihari
    • Bharat
    • Others
  2. 2. As Captain

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/2022 at 03:32 PM

21 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He still has to find an answer to regulation off spin. I still can't fathom how he completely misses the most basic off spin delivery. Worst case you edge it to close in fielder. How can you completely miss the line.

I reckon it's his eyesight, he does were glasses when not playing, he would milk spinners around with ease pre 2019, hardly plays the sweep now, could take a offstump guard maybe, his front foot press gets him into trouble, sachin was a genius man, came back with a new technique and playing style after 2005 scored another 25 centuries.

Rohit s isolated. He is doubtful to play in the 5th test. Who should replace him as opener and captain?

My choice is Pujara should open and add a MO bat - Iyer/Vihari to the team. 

As captain, it should be Kohli as he had captained India in first 4 tests and India is leading 2-1

8 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Kohli as captain & Bharat as opener..  No Gujara ffs..  

Gill

Bharat

Vihari

Kohli

Pant

Iyer

bhai bharat is posted twice. 

bharat

gill

vahooorii

kollllliii

pant

iyer?

thakuraa

jaddu

prasidh

bumrah

shami

3 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Didn't watched the warm up game but was Shreyas Iyer bowling part time medium pace in the warm ups?

Those discussions can be more like putting a lipstick on a pig … More or less a useless cricketer outside Asia (unless he improves or has improved his game) 

5 minutes ago, zen said:

Those discussions can be more like putting a lipstick on a pig … More or less a useless cricketer outside Asia (unless he improves or has improved his game) 

At the moment, he might well be useless in Asia too especially vs a team like Australia. But let's see.

10 minutes ago, zen said:

has there ever been a case where a player has drastically improved his ability to play short pitch bowling in the late 20s from being a total newb vs bounce? cant think of any. 

7 minutes ago, Vijy said:

doesn't matter much which combo plays. I don't see any of our squad standing up to Andie and Barbie in swinging conditions

i think nether will play. barbie is washed up has been. andy trundles after 6 odd overs. just need to patient with that idiot. 

potts is average as phuck.

ollie is a trundler 

overton is good but i dont think he will play and lacks experience

but we seem to struggle vs trundlers. maybe stokes trundler will make it hard for us this time. curran did it in 2018. we owned him the next time we faced him. hopefully we can stand up to average bowlers like potts etc. 

fake shami wannabe lol.

On 6/22/2022 at 10:16 AM, putrevus said:

GR Viswanath was not even patch on this guy, let us pump breaks. You don't have to avg 50 every year.Kohli's problems are his last three years.The fall has been so dramatic.

He needs to go from all formats, But it does not mean he was not a great player.

And given his fitness, he may be able to regain his touch.  But, he needs to be given a long break to work things out in domestics and train with some batting experts who can dissect and correct his flaws.  Then, one stellar domestic season and he can be back.   But, hamare yahaan, dropping a longtime player is construed as complete bayzddi for the player.  Not going to happen.